Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2012, 12:58   #916
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Quandary - need all help possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascertain View Post
I am faced with a peculiar dilemma, and would appreciate any help from team-bhp members at the earliest.
The problem is with application for an Indian passport- and the so called 'easy' way of online application. Here goes-

I have to apply for 2 passports for my kids- One renewal of passport for my 5 year old daughter, and one new passport for my 10 month old son.

Now I did a detailed read up on the passport.gov.in website, and decided to download the form and fill it offline and then upload it.

Question 1: Creation of an ID - do I need to register separate IDs online for each of my kids? - or can I just create one on my own name and use it for them? How many applications can be made from one ID?

Ans: In Bangalore you can apply for passport for three people on a single ID. Anything more create a new ID.

Question 2: The Application form -the mandatory fields are highlighted in red and there is no way to skip these right? - I have filled out the 'present address' spaces, but however I am also required to fill out the 'previous residence 1' field - and here when I try and enter the same details as the 'present address' one (Since we have never lived anywhere else) the form gives an error saying something about the dates ('cannot be same as residence 1') - now what am I supposed to do with this? - if I skip this field and try validating and saving - I get the message - 'Mandatory fields required' , so its back to square one. What do I do here?
Please try filling out the form in order to get a clearer picture of what I mean.

Ans: No idea on this one. Maybe you can call up the call center or try to give and extra hyphen or space to make the address different to the system.

Question 3: Online token issuance - from what time to when does the Bangalore passport office issue online appointment slots?

Ans: It will be mentioned in the website itself. Try to create and application. It will most likely give an error and tell you what time to login to create appointment.

Question 4: Walk in for minors - It says on the site that minors have a 'walk in' application - is this advisable? or is it better to get the online appointment?. Do I have to catch hold of any 'agent' ?- if so what are the approximate fees?

Ans: No idea. But they do have a separate Queue at the PSK for Minors. You are supposed to stand there.

Question 5: My passport and my wife's passport have the spouses name entered - in that case Police verification is not required right? - or will the officials still ask for some sort of documentation?

Ans: I don't think they will ask anything on that. But to be on safe side carry marriage certificate. For minors they do ask for Birth Certificate.

Question 6: The PSK - What is the best time to arrive at the Bangalore Passport office? and approximate waiting time?.

Ans: Reach 30 mins before your scheduled time as mentioned in the appointment.

Question 7: Dispatch - I need to travel to NZ with my family by december - in that case - do I have to apply for the tatkal passport for the kids or should I believe the website's '3-day dispatch statement' for regular passports?

Ans: TATKAL APPLICATION. Do not take risk of Normal application.

Question 8 : - In case of tatkaal - do I have to specifically provide a reason for tatkaal application ( because both are for kids - not for me or wife)?.

Ans: Not really. I was not asked why I am applying for tatkal.

please help me out guys.
Answers above in bold.
Old 9th November 2012, 14:44   #917
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Any car parking facility available near PSK Saligramam, Chennai? I need to attend PSK this Monday 12th.

Last edited by kiran : 9th November 2012 at 14:45. Reason: Added Chennai.
Old 9th November 2012, 18:13   #918
BHPian

Hello Guys, question here,

I have to renew my passport expired in August this year. I have filled up the online form, and waiting to get an appointment, which is never ending.

However under the PSK section Koramangala Bangalore office is not mentioned.

Do we have a process to apply offline the old fashioned way, stand in a never ending queue.
Old 9th November 2012, 18:22   #919

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
Hello Guys, question here,

I have to renew my passport expired in August this year. I have filled up the online form, and waiting to get an appointment, which is never ending.
Its easy to book an appointment online. But you need to have some patience. I have booked around 3 appointments for friends. My modus operandi is like this.

Login to the Passport seva portal around 5.55 PM and be on the book appointment page. I had selected lalbagh office. As soon as the clock strikes 6.00 PM keep trying to book appointment. In a minute or two or max three, the page will open with the slots. Immediately select any slot that is in the afternoon. Dont think about which slot, just blindly select some slot. You will be directed to the next page where you need to confirm. There will be an image whose letters you need to enter in a box and then confirm. You need to be fast in entering those letters and click confirm, else you will lose the slot.

You will be able to book it on the second or third try (read day). Believe me I was able to do it. I can guarantee that you will also be able to do it. Just be sure to follow the above steps. All the best.
Old 16th November 2012, 21:00   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreddy420 View Post
Its easy to book an appointment online. But you need to have some patience. I have booked around 3 appointments for friends. My modus operandi is like this.

Login to the Passport seva portal around 5.55 PM and be on the book appointment page. I had selected lalbagh office. As soon as the clock strikes 6.00 PM keep trying to book appointment. In a minute or two or max three, the page will open with the slots. Immediately select any slot that is in the afternoon. Dont think about which slot, just blindly select some slot. You will be directed to the next page where you need to confirm. There will be an image whose letters you need to enter in a box and then confirm. You need to be fast in entering those letters and click confirm, else you will lose the slot.

You will be able to book it on the second or third try (read day). Believe me I was able to do it. I can guarantee that you will also be able to do it. Just be sure to follow the above steps. All the best.
Thank you, so much your tips helped me big time.
I was surprised, rather shocked to see the appointment date was available for the next working day. Even shocking was i get phone call for the police verification just 2 days after the submission of my form. The process has really become fast.
Today i finished my police verification and now waiting for the new passport to arrive.
Old 16th November 2012, 22:14   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
Thank you, so much your tips helped me big time.
I was surprised, rather shocked to see the appointment date was available for the next working day. Even shocking was i get phone call for the police verification just 2 days after the submission of my form. The process has really become fast.
Today i finished my police verification and now waiting for the new passport to arrive.
Did they come to your house for verification? Did you pay them any "fee". For my re-issue application, they came over to my place for police verification. Did not even drop a hint about the "fee" for verification!

Its been 3 days since then and the passport status still says " Pending for physical police verification at HAL Police Station, Bangalore.". I now wonder, if it means I need to visit the police station or just wait for this thing to get processed.

Regards,
Old 17th November 2012, 23:13   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Did they come to your house for verification? Did you pay them any "fee". For my re-issue application, they came over to my place for police verification. Did not even drop a hint about the "fee" for verification!

Its been 3 days since then and the passport status still says " Pending for physical police verification at HAL Police Station, Bangalore.". I now wonder, if it means I need to visit the police station or just wait for this thing to get processed.

Regards,
I got call in the morning to visit the station. Went in the afternoon with all the documents/xerox copies, signed some form and back to office. No financial traction happened between us.
Old 19th November 2012, 13:03   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreddy420 View Post

Thanks a lot for your tip. This helped me last Friday to book an appointment for today.

My reporting time was 9:30 AM. I reached the Sai Arcade passport Seva Kendra ( Marthahalli - BLR) by around 9:25 AM and was able to complete the all the formalities by 11:30 AM.

I had gone there for a renewal with a change of address and the only originals I provided was the passport and my bank pass book (for the address proof). I was asked to provide a single copy of the the photostats of the original documents. Please note that you have to take the photostat of all the pages of the bank passbook, if you are planning to us it as an address proof.

All the formalities at Counter A was completed in five minutes by around 9:50 AM. I had to wait for half an hour before my token came up for Counter B and then had to wait for one hour for Counter C.

All in all it was a good experience. At the end I was asked to fill up a feedback forum, which incidentally asks you only about the services that TCS is providing with no questions about the service provided by GOI personell of the Seva Kendra!

-- Wind
Old 19th November 2012, 23:00   #924
Senior - BHPian

My passport expires in January 2013 and now it is time for a re-issue.
The current passport has my Mumbai permanent address and was issued by Mumbai RPO.

I can always go to Mumbai for the re-issue, but I see a possibility of applying for the re-issue from Pune PSK at Mundhwa.
Note: I do not wish to change my permanent Mumbai address. I can submit rent agreement copy and BSNL bill copy for my temporary Pune address.

So, the question is can I get a reissue from Pune? Or do I have to go to Mumbai RPO/ PSK?
Old 20th November 2012, 07:04   #925
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Note: I do not wish to change my permanent Mumbai address. I can submit rent agreement copy and BSNL bill copy for my temporary Pune address.

So, the question is can I get a reissue from Pune? Or do I have to go to Mumbai RPO/ PSK?
The rules are very clear: you must apply for a passport from the address you are currently residing. By the way, rental agreement is NOT a valid address proof from RPO perspective. Please carry the BSNL bill copy only if it is in your own name.

Best bet is a bank statement for the past 12 months signed and sealed by the branch manager that has your current address.
Old 20th November 2012, 08:43   #926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
The rules are very clear: you must apply for a passport from the address you are currently residing. By the way, rental agreement is NOT a valid address proof from RPO perspective. Please carry the BSNL bill copy only if it is in your own name.

Best bet is a bank statement for the past 12 months signed and sealed by the branch manager that has your current address.
I recently renewed passport. Didn't show anything about my current address, but just applied using my permanent address.

I had bsnl bills of past two years but didn't want to go through extra headache so..
Old 20th November 2012, 13:16   #927
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
My passport expires in January 2013 and now it is time for a re-issue.
The current passport has my Mumbai permanent address and was issued by Mumbai RPO.

I can always go to Mumbai for the re-issue, but I see a possibility of applying for the re-issue from Pune PSK at Mundhwa.

Any change in the address would mean a Police Verification would need to be initiated. If you are fine with this, and have the required documents (as accepted by the passport office) to prove your current address, you may apply from the new address. Please note this would be your new address in the passport.

IMHO, its not worth the hassle, and i would suggest you go with the old address if you do not wish to change it.
Old 20th November 2012, 14:39   #928
BHPian

Hi Friends

I moved to Mumbai from Delhi about a year back. My passport has been issued from Delhi Office. Now my wife's passport needs to be renewed. I stay in my own accomodation in mumbai. i do not have any telephone connections in the name of my wife.

I am taking the following documents
Bank Statement Of Joint Ac showing the mumbai address.
Photocopies of the title agreement. The flat is in a joint name.
My own passport showing my address in Delhi

Will the above be sufficient. Any other suggestions
Old 20th November 2012, 14:45   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc
Hi Friends

I moved to Mumbai from Delhi about a year back. My passport has been issued from Delhi Office. Now my wife's passport needs to be renewed. I stay in my own accomodation in mumbai. i do not have any telephone connections in the name of my wife.

I am taking the following documents
Bank Statement Of Joint Ac showing the mumbai address.
Photocopies of the title agreement. The flat is in a joint name.
My own passport showing my address in Delhi

Will the above be sufficient. Any other suggestions
Try and take proof of marriage such as marriage certificate or affadavit stating that you are married and staying together, your combined photograph should be pasted on that. It will help putting your name in the spouse's column in her passport.

Normally all these affadavit makers have the required format for passport formalities.
Further please also go through the official passport site. They have a feature called document advisor.
Old 20th November 2012, 15:58   #930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
The rules are very clear: you must apply for a passport from the address you are currently residing.
I am unable to locate that rule.

Quote:
By the way, rental agreement is NOT a valid address proof from RPO perspective. Please carry the BSNL bill copy only if it is in your own name.

I do have a BSNL bill (and passport site also gives me an option for mobile bill (post paid).

But now my situation is complicated with the fact that I am shifting my residence within the same society. I will get my new rent agreement tomorrow and then will have to get the phone transferred to the new address and wait for a bill to come in next month. But since I need to have one year old bill as well, this option will not work in my case.

The other option for me is to give a copy of my gas connection booklet (after I change the address on that one).

In any case, I do not wish to change the Mumbai address printed in the passport. All current addresses are temporary for a year or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Any change in the address would mean a Police Verification would need to be initiated. If you are fine with this, and have the required documents (as accepted by the passport office) to prove your current address, you may apply from the new address. Please note this would be your new address in the passport.
I don't want to change the permanent address/ or the address printed on the passport in any case.
From what you have written it appears that I cannot apply from Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I recently renewed passport. Didn't show anything about my current address, but just applied using my permanent address.
Did you apply from the same location - meaning your permanent address?

BTW: Here is the list of documents for change of address from the passport site:
You are required to submit atleast 1 of the documents listed below.
1 Water Bill
2 Telephone (landline or post paid mobile bill)
3 Electricity bill
4 One year statement (with transactions)/ Passbook of running bank account (Scheduled Commercial bank excluding Regional Rural banks and local area banks)
5 Income Tax Assessment Order
6 Election Commission Photo ID card
7 Proof of Gas Connection
8 Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head
9 Spouse's passport copy (First and last page including family details), (provided the applicant's present address matches the address mentioned in the spouses passport)
10 Applicant's current and valid ration card
11 Parent's passport copy, in case of minors(First and last page)
Note (For Document No. 1, 2, and 3) : Atleast 2 bills are required - One bill should of be of last year and the other bill of current year.
Note (For Document No. 8) : Only public limited companies can give address proof on company letter head along with seal. Computerised print-outs shall not be entertained.
Note (For Document No. 10) : If any applicant submits only ration card as proof of address, it should be accompanied by one more proof of address out of the given categories.

Last edited by S_U_N : 20th November 2012 at 16:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks