Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2012, 15:03   #961
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Another update:
Second attempt made today. The message was: Try on 16 December.
All Mumbai PSK's are full with appointments it seems.
Old 20th December 2012, 15:07   #962
BHPian

Hi Guys, I need a clarification. If I have applied for passport renewal (to be expired in another 6 months), is it possible to travel abroad with the existing passport now? Might sound stupid, just wanted to confirm.
Old 20th December 2012, 15:12   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Hi Guys, I need a clarification. If I have applied for passport renewal (to be expired in another 6 months), is it possible to travel abroad with the existing passport now? Might sound stupid, just wanted to confirm.
When you say applied, do you mean you have uploaded the XML on the website and waiting for your appointment or you are done with the visit to PSK? If you are done with your visit to PSK, they would have already stamped your passport as Cancelled. If you have still not visited the PSK yet, I think it depends on the country you are visiting. Some dont allow Visa for passport with less than 6 months validity.

Regards,
Old 21st December 2012, 12:50   #964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Another update:
Second attempt made today. The message was: Try on 16 December.
All Mumbai PSK's are full with appointments it seems.
Forgot to update.
I tried the third time on the 16th of December. Lower Parel PSK was selected and I was asked to check on the next day if slots are available. :(

I quickly changed the PSK to Andheri and tried. I got a slot for 31 Dec and 10 AM. Selected it.

Bottom line is you have to be ready with everything before 3 PM (for Mumbai PSK). Everything is 'sold out' in the first 30 seconds itself. This is the ultimate test of s.p.e.e.d. I wonder how less technology savvy people are going to ever manage an appointment at this rate.

Have got affidavit of marriage certificate (cost Rs. 120 for stamp paper and Rs. 150 for advocate charges).

Now waiting for the day of appointment.
Old 21st December 2012, 15:14   #965
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday my wife got a call from HSR police station for the passport verification, she told the cop that she already has the passport and does not know what other verification is needed. So he mentioned that for re-issued passports the verifications happens at a later stage post issuance of passport.

She was asked to come today, but being tied up she would probably go there tomorrow. What shall we expect? I was told they always point out some problem and would require the chanda?
Old 21st December 2012, 15:51   #966
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Yesterday my wife got a call from HSR police station for the passport verification, she told the cop that she already has the passport and does not know what other verification is needed. So he mentioned that for re-issued passports the verifications happens at a later stage post issuance of passport.

She was asked to come today, but being tied up she would probably go there tomorrow. What shall we expect? I was told they always point out some problem and would require the chanda?
Was this a tatkal application? If so, then this is true. The passport arrives first in this case and only after that the police verification happens. In case of normal applications, the verification happens first and then the passport arrives.

Now that she already has the passport, why doesn't she tell the cops to come to your home instead of she going to the police station. Ask her to make something up, like she's ultra busy and does not have time to visit the police station. If the cops are serious about their 'chanda', they will show up at your place.

And they can only point to 'problems' which may deny you the passport. Your wife already has it, so nothing to worry at all.

Last edited by Oxy : 21st December 2012 at 15:55.
Old 21st December 2012, 16:32   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post

I suggest go there with the new passport/2 photographs/address proof (latest and atleast one year old)/Old passport photostat and some M. If you want more details on M PM me. This is what required for the passport which are renewed and have address change.
Old 21st December 2012, 16:59   #968
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ It's not just about "chanda". I got a similar summons from the local police station to validate my permanent address (of all things) 3 months after I got my passport. The officer was pretty insistent I should come down and visit him, which I did, but I never offered to pay since I had already got my passport (what am I paying for then?!!) Eventually he realised he wasn't going to get anything from me and let me go!
Old 21st December 2012, 16:59   #969
Distinguished - BHPian

People
For name change in passport, do we need to put an ad in two local newspaper? The name change is primarily for blank surname to be re-done. If someone who has undergone this process, please share the steps you undertook.

This will be for Pune passport office.
Old 21st December 2012, 17:08   #970
Senior - BHPian

Just a quick question. My passport expired on August 2012. And my address remains the same. For re-issue, according to the page 'List of Documents Required - Reissue of Passport' at http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppO...eReissueAction, it tells me to only submit the old original passport.

Passport Renewal Procedure-pp1.png

No other documents (address proof/date of birth). However, I contacted an agent who helped in applying my parents passports 2 years back. And he is insisting that for re-issue, the passport office will definitely ask for 'two' (2) proof of address documents. The problem is, this is my parent house, and the only proof I have is the SBI bank statement. Other bills are on my brother's name.

Just wanted to know if you had been asked for proof of address when applying for a re-issue passport (when the address has not changed)
Old 21st December 2012, 17:18   #971
Senior - BHPian

@iTNerd: I have an appointment on 31 Dec. So you will get an answer to this after that.
I have re-issue + adding wife's name. No address change.
Old 21st December 2012, 17:23   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
People
For name change in passport, do we need to put an ad in two local newspaper? The name change is primarily for blank surname to be re-done. If someone who has undergone this process, please share the steps you undertook.

This will be for Pune passport office.
Yes you need to publish the same in two new paper. One I guess is local and other is all over India. Also you should wait for a month/3 months (not sure) before proceeding as to give time to other to appeal if they have some concerns of your name change
Old 21st December 2012, 17:28   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Just a quick question. My passport expired on August 2012. And my address remains the same. For re-issue, according to the page 'List of Documents Required - Reissue of Passport' at http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppO...eReissueAction, it tells me to only submit the old original passport.

Attachment 1029604

No other documents (address proof/date of birth). However, I contacted an agent who helped in applying my parents passports 2 years back. And he is insisting that for re-issue, the passport office will definitely ask for 'two' (2) proof of address documents. The problem is, this is my parent house, and the only proof I have is the SBI bank statement. Other bills are on my brother's name.

Just wanted to know if you had been asked for proof of address when applying for a re-issue passport (when the address has not changed)
iTNerd if possibel arrange for address proof from the company which will state that you are working with them and as per the records address is XXXX. If possible and best to have a SBI pass book with your address printed on it with Bank Managers signature and bank seal (most important). Hope this account is more than a year old. This will solve and cover all address related proofs
Quote:
@iTNerd: I have an appointment on 31 Dec. So you will get an answer to this after that.
I have re-issue + adding wife's name. No address change.
SUN I request you to carry address proof latest one for the same apart from other documents required for adding wife name (Marriage certificate etc). You will be issued new passport.

Last edited by aka_iitd : 21st December 2012 at 17:29.
Old 27th December 2012, 22:41   #974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
SUN I request you to carry address proof latest one for the same apart from other documents required for adding wife name (Marriage certificate etc). You will be issued new passport.
The document advisor has given me only two documents:
1. Photocopy of passport - first two and last two pages
2. Marriage affidavit - I assume I have to submit this in original.

I will also carry:
1. Original passport
2. Photographs
3. Photocopy of wife's passport
4. Photocopy of dad's passport
5. Original marriage certificate (not in English though) + Photocopy
6. Ration card photocopy which has my name in it.

I don't have any other address proof. Perhaps ration card may work?
House is in my dad's name.

In addition, I will carry my passport "online application receipt" which is a single page printout.

Do I have to also print the passport application/ form?

I had select e-form submission during the process. Now, I don't have any link to retrieve the application and print it.
Old 28th December 2012, 09:58   #975
BHPian

Quote:
The document advisor has given me only two documents:
1. Photocopy of passport - first two and last two pages
You need not to carry passport appication form but do carry online application receipt
Regarding
5. Original marriage certificate (not in English though) + Photocopy
>>I assume marriage affidavit do refer marriage certificate ie more of english translation of marriage certificate
I believe these are more than enough (photographs, marriage card etc are more required in dependent VISA but no harm in carrying them)
>> Take a Photostat of it for your records. This will not be required once name is added in passport.

Most Viewed