Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2012, 16:11   #931
Oxy
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Applied for a fresh passport for my eight month old kid yesterday. The entire process was over in one hour flat.

Documents needed:

1. One passport size photo of the kid (or minor).

2. Original passports of the parents and it's copies.

3. Annexure-H duly filled and signed by the parents (Available here: http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin.../AnnexureH.pdf).

4. Birth certificate of the kid (both original and a copy).

5. Rs. 1000 in cash (for Normal application).

NOTE: The minor has to be present at the PSK since his/her thumb impression needs to be taken.

Police verification will not be done. Passport will be valid for 5 years.
Old 5th December 2012, 18:23   #932
BHPian

Guys I dont know how you guys are getting the slot for appointment. I have been trying for the last one week to book, and at 6 PM sharp but with no success.

I hear that there are agents outside who can book a slot for a time and date of your wish for some money. Is this true?

I am getting frantic now.
Old 5th December 2012, 19:16   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Guys I dont know how you guys are getting the slot for appointment. I have been trying for the last one week to book, and at 6 PM sharp but with no success.

I hear that there are agents outside who can book a slot for a time and date of your wish for some money. Is this true?

Seriously? when I was looking for the booking slot, I had a choice of time slots and dates. I took 2 whole minutes to decide which slot will be good for me

If you dont mind sharing your portal credentials, I can try booking a slot for you.

Regards,
Old 5th December 2012, 19:17   #934
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
My passport expires in January 2013 and now it is time for a re-issue.
The current passport has my Mumbai permanent address and was issued by Mumbai RPO.

I can always go to Mumbai for the re-issue, but I see a possibility of applying for the re-issue from Pune PSK at Mundhwa.
Note: I do not wish to change my permanent Mumbai address. I can submit rent agreement copy and BSNL bill copy for my temporary Pune address.

So, the question is can I get a reissue from Pune? Or do I have to go to Mumbai RPO/ PSK?
I think it can be done. Why not call the customer care and ask?

My earlier passport was issued in Delhi and I recently got it renewed in Bangalore. I did apply for a change of address though from my earlier Delhi address to my current Bangalore one.
Old 5th December 2012, 19:23   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Seriously? when I was looking for the booking slot, I had a choice of time slots and dates. I took 2 whole minutes to decide which slot will be good for me

If you dont mind sharing your portal credentials, I can try booking a slot for you.

Regards,
Hi amohit, when was this? I just checked it with my other friends in office, they have faced this problem too. For more than a month in a case!
Old 5th December 2012, 19:25   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Hi amohit, when was this? I just checked it with my other friends in office, they have faced this problem too. For more than a month in a case!

I took the appointment on 6th Nov...for 8th Nov@ ORR PSK.

Regards,
Old 5th December 2012, 19:26   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I think it can be done. Why not call the customer care and ask?

My earlier passport was issued in Delhi and I recently got it renewed in Bangalore. I did apply for a change of address though from my earlier Delhi address to my current Bangalore one.
I tried. But the call center appears to have taken off all the options that lead to any person who with I can speak. I found all replies from IVR.
May be I will give a try again. I had called at 630 PM, wonder if the call center was still open.
Old 5th December 2012, 19:28   #938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
I took the appointment on 6th Nov...for 8th Nov@ ORR PSK.

Regards,
You are definitely giving me hope! Thanks for offering the help, let me try it for another few days then I will seek your help if it is still unsuccessful.
Old 5th December 2012, 20:00   #939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan

Here is what i did and i am twice successful. Open the website and go till last step. Fill the captcha but don't click the button yet. Make sure you do this by 5:55

Once clock hits 6 within next min window opens. Make sure you don't delay and book your slot.

Window opens two days in advance. Do plan in advance

Do let me know if you get lucky this way
Old 5th December 2012, 20:04   #940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Best bet would be to try on a Sunday evening, 5:55pm.

I am sure you will come back with a good news!!!
Old 6th December 2012, 09:04   #941
BHPian

While renewing my passport had applied for wife + 2 kids .after all document verification , payment of fees etc the final sanctioning person referred my daughter's file to Center head ,The center head withheld by daughter's application quoting that both minors cannot be granted passport on single parents passport and we have to comeback when my wife + other kid gets their passport.

We received our passports after 2 months since then have been trying to get my daughters application processed .The people at Seva kendra are not allowing entry citing that i have to take fresh appointment.I even met the Regional Passport officer , he says only the concerned seva kendra can process the file . How do i proceed further . Can i file a complaint . any suggestion please.
Old 8th December 2012, 18:04   #942
BHPian

Guys, How to find out the police station for your locality? I stay in Kasavanahalli/Sarjapur road that comes under Carmelaram PO. Should I mention Bangalore rural as district and Varthur as Police station? Where to find the list of police stations in Bangalore?

Appreciate any help. Thanks.
Old 11th December 2012, 16:30   #943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post
Guys, How to find out the police station for your locality? I stay in Kasavanahalli/Sarjapur road that comes under Carmelaram PO. Should I mention Bangalore rural as district and Varthur as Police station? Where to find the list of police stations in Bangalore?

The answer:

http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppO...ePoliceStation

I myself will apply for re-issue from Mumbai this month.
When does the appointment slot open? Is it at 6 PM?
Also, it seems document upload is optional. Should I waste time uploading something?
Old 11th December 2012, 18:47   #944
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
The answer:

http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppO...ePoliceStation

I myself will apply for re-issue from Mumbai this month.
When does the appointment slot open? Is it at 6 PM?
Also, it seems document upload is optional. Should I waste time uploading something?
Unfortunately in this case, that link would not really help the person who asked the query. The area where he stays does not feature in the list that the link shows.

No need to upload anything on the passport site.

To know when the appointment slots open, just try to book an appointment now, and the error message will show you the date and time when it will be available next.

Last edited by Oxy : 11th December 2012 at 18:49.
Old 11th December 2012, 19:26   #945
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post

I applied for passport renewal from the same locality. The police station is HSR layout police station. And yes, this area is classified under Bangalore Rural.

Between, where in Kasavanahalli?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks