Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2012, 13:42   #796
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Applied for a passport at the Sai Arcade PSK on ORR on tuesday. Took three hours (in at 9, out at 12) but got everything done and got the renewed passport in hand yesterday. Not as painful as it was once upon a time.

All they cared was address proof and the older passport. I even had got an annexure f but that was not even asked for.
Old 28th May 2012, 16:14   #797
Senior - BHPian

Just checked the status and it says this

Passport application has been granted to applicant on 23/05/2012. Your application is under processing. You would receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched.

Does this mean the passport is granted and will be sent by speed post soon? What happened to Police Verification?
Old 28th May 2012, 16:21   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Just checked the status and it says this

Passport application has been granted to applicant on 23/05/2012. Your application is under processing. You would receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched.

Does this mean the passport is granted and will be sent by speed post soon? What happened to Police Verification?
Check your acknowledgement copy, is it pre-PV or post-PV? If it is p.re-PV, the passport will be issued without waiting for PV, but PV will be done eventually.
Old 28th May 2012, 16:28   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Check your acknowledgement copy, is it pre-PV or post-PV? If it is p.re-PV, the passport will be issued without waiting for PV, but PV will be done eventually.
Thanks a ton for pointing it out, The acknowledgement says Police Verification Mode as Post Verification, with two stars on top.

The description below says.

Pre : Police Verification shall be carried out before issuance of passport
Post : Police Verification shall be carried out post issuance of passport
No : No Police Verification shall be carried for issuance of passport

So i.e. in this case PV will be carried out after passport is issued. So will the cops come home? or i need to go and pay them a visit?
Old 28th May 2012, 17:52   #800
BHPian

Quote:
So i.e. in this (post-PV) case, PV will be carried out after passport is issued. So will the cops come home? or i need to go and pay them a visit?
There is no change in the PV process in either case (post or pre). They will come home or otherwise contact you.
Old 28th May 2012, 19:57   #801
Distinguished - BHPian

For Pune users: Effective June 1st, 2012 only tatkaal applications are accepted at the SB Road ofice. For regular passport issue/reissue cases, you need to apply online and submit it at the "nearest" Passport Seva Kendra, which is on Mundhwa Road!!!

Linky.

Discovered this AFTER going to the old site, filling in all the details and getting a date of 1st June for my wife's passport reissue. Now am in the process of filling in ALL the same details (plus some more) on the new site, which requires registration and was designed by some brilliant person who thinks mobile phones need to be updated for every past address!
Old 30th May 2012, 10:53   #802
Senior - BHPian

We received the passport today, the postman had come yesterday as my wife was not there he dropped a slip with his phone number and left. When i called he asked me to come to HAL Post office before 830AM, we were there at 730AM, got the passport in few mins and left.

This is quiet fast as we had applied for on 15 May and within 15 days the passport was delivered.

Now as the Police Verification has not been done, it will be done eventually. Are there some guidelines for this, would a cop come home or i need to go to police station? Whats the norm, does one give dakshina?

Apart from this my daughters passport is expiring in May next year, by when should i be able to apply for another one? For example can i apply in July/Aug?
Old 30th May 2012, 11:32   #803
Senior - BHPian

I had applied for reissue on 16th may , it was delivered yesterday,normal application .
The postman was kind enough to allow to my wife to collect the passport.
PV was not done , no calls nothing .When i checked the status last week, the status was saying police verification report is submitted and passport is granted.Does this mean there will not be any further police verification ?
Old 30th May 2012, 12:31   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Now as the Police Verification has not been done, it will be done eventually. Are there some guidelines for this, would a cop come home or i need to go to police station? Whats the norm, does one give dakshina?
In Kerala, the police came to my home to do the verification, but in Bangalore, when I renewed the passport, I was called to the station for verification. Please carry the proof of address (proving that you are staying in the current address for atleast one year) and a passport size photograph. They will ask you some questions and fill up a form and write a letter that everything is clear . After this, you have to give them some dakshina or otherwise they will start cribbing and make you give something in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
The postman was kind enough to allow to my wife to collect the passport.
Sorry, but this kind act from the postman could cost him his job, if somebody files a complaint against this.
Old 30th May 2012, 15:05   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We received the passport today, the postman had come yesterday as my wife was not there he dropped a slip with his phone number and left. When i called he asked me to come to HAL Post office before 830AM, we were there at 730AM, got the passport in few mins and left.

This is quiet fast as we had applied for on 15 May and within 15 days the passport was delivered.

Apart from this my daughters passport is expiring in May next year, by when should i be able to apply for another one? For example can i apply in July/Aug?
For me, the cop just gave me a call and asked me to come to the police station in the area at a particular time. Went there with 2 photos, address proof copies etc and signed some forms. He then asked for his chai paani - paid it since I didn't wanna create a fuss and left. Everything done in 15 minutes.
Old 30th May 2012, 15:17   #806
BHPian

Quote:
When I got my passport renewed 4 years back, I was called to the police station with a set of documents for verification. I duly reported there with the requisite documents and it was a smooth affair with no money exchange.

For my wife's passport which was renewed almost an year back, it was post police verification, so we received the passport promptly and then completely forgot about it. About 15 days back we got a call from the police station for the verification and the policeman came to our house, filled a set of forms, took some documents and thats about it. Again no exchange of money.

I do not know if they have changed norms or if they visited my home this time since they didn't want to call a lady to the police station. Overall, quite satisfied with these interactions with the HAL police station.
Old 30th May 2012, 17:35   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
For Pune users: Effective June 1st, 2012 only tatkaal applications are accepted at the SB Road ofice. For regular passport issue/reissue cases, you need to apply online and submit it at the "nearest" Passport Seva Kendra, which is on Mundhwa Road!!!

Linky.

Discovered this AFTER going to the old site, filling in all the details and getting a date of 1st June for my wife's passport reissue. Now am in the process of filling in ALL the same details (plus some more) on the new site, which requires registration and was designed by some brilliant person who thinks mobile phones need to be updated for every past address!
I need to get my wifes passport re-issued in Tatkaal (name/address change), and I also need to get a fresh passport for my 3-year-old son in Tatkaal. Here is what I know:

Actually, the (TCS operated) PSK at Mundhwa started functioning from 1st May 2012 itself. I remember seeing a huge half-page advert about the same in the "Sakaal" Marathi daily on 29th or 30th April 2012.

The ad mentioned that the new PSK would only accept "Normal" applications for the first month (entire May 2012), and "Tatkaal" applications were to be submitted at the RPO (at SB Road) only during that time-frame. After one month, i.e. 1st June 2012 onwards, the PSK would also start accepting "Tatkaal" applications.

Considering this, around mid-May, I tried to get a June "Tatkaal" appointment online for the PSK on the new MEA website. But it refused to give the "Tatkaal" option, saying it was not yet available. We called up the toll-free number, but the person wasn't aware of the nitty-gritties regarding the new PSK.

Not wanting to take a risk, we went ahead and filled up the forms on the old website, which gave us the "so-called" appointments for 1st of June (wife) and 4th of June (son) respectively. We had to do this because it is not possible to process 2 applications at the RPO on the same day, given the horrible situation out there.

Sometime last week, I saw a small article in TOI confirming that the PSK at Mundhwa will begin accepting "Tatkaal" applications from 1st of June 2012. Seeing this, we immediately went back to the new MEA website and booked "normal" appointments for 1st June 2012 (both appointments on same day, different slots).

We then called up the toll-free number and asked again, this time a more knowledgeable person confirmed that processing of "Tatkaal" applications at Pune PSK will commence on 1st June 2012. The person also told us that we can take an appointment for "normal" passport and submit documents according to "Tatkaal" requirements; they will then process it as a "Tatkaal" passport. (Mind you, the converse does not work. If you take an appointment for "tatkaal" and are unable to furnish the required documents, you have to re-apply. They do not accept it as a "normal" application.)

So the bottomline is, 1st of June 2012 onwards, Tatkaal applications will be accepted at Pune PSK (Mundhwa) also.

@ noopster: I know you do not want a "Tatkaal" passport, this is general information for all Pune folks reading this. They should not get the impression that "Tatkaal" passports are issued only at the RPO.

Anyday, I will happily visit any PSK in any corner of the city, rather than visit that pathetic and horrible RPO on SB road. I simply hate that place. You have to queue up from 7 AM in the mroning, and after waiting for more than 3 hours for your turn, the people manning the counters there tend to treat tax-paying citizens like garbage. I say this from first-hand experience. Its not that I have any experience with PSKs, but I feel it will be much better, since it is operated by a private sector enterprise.

- Bullitt

Last edited by Bullitt : 30th May 2012 at 17:39.
Old 31st May 2012, 10:47   #808
BHPian

I've two doubts.
Appreciate if someone can clarify this.
Background:
Renewed my passport a month before. Got my new passport and went to police station for verification as well.

1. I had US Business visa stamped in my old passport. Is that visa still valid? if yes then should i also carry old passport?
2. In police station they asked for money and i said i do not bribe. Not sure if they passed or failed the verification. How to know police verification is passed or failed?
Old 31st May 2012, 10:55   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
I've two doubts.
Appreciate if someone can clarify this.
Background:
Renewed my passport a month before. Got my new passport and went to police station for verification as well.

1. I had US Business visa stamped in my old passport. Is that visa still valid? if yes then should i also carry old passport?
2. In police station they asked for money and i said i do not bribe. Not sure if they passed or failed the verification. How to know police verification is passed or failed?
You need to carry the old passport with the VISA stamp on it along with the new one.

Regarding other point, frankly I don't have a clue.
Old 31st May 2012, 12:59   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
How to know police verification is passed or failed?
Go to the commissionerate and quote your Passport file # and they will be able to tell you the result.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks