Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2012, 18:26   #646

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Finally got an appointment at 6:01PM. Guess this was pure luck.
I promptly selected the noon slot as Seby told

Amit, mine is BSNL broadband at 2mbps.

My father is very thrilled and agreed to treat me finally the ball gets rolling! Hope its a smooth ride ahead.!

Note from Support: Only 2 smilies allowed per post.

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd April 2012 at 12:28. Reason: Note Inline
Old 28th March 2012, 20:41   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunps View Post
Finally got an appointment at 6:01PM. Guess this was pure luck.
I promptly selected the noon slot as Seby told

Amit, mine is BSNL broadband at 2mbps.

My father is very thrilled and agreed to treat me finally the ball gets rolling! Hope its a smooth ride ahead.!
Congrats, you saved 500 bucks. Make sure you father carries Originals of all the documents that need to be submitted.
Old 29th March 2012, 14:57   #648
BHPian

Doesn't the passport office function on fridays ? Or, is it that they give appointments for friday on some other day ? When I logged in and tried for appointment, got the message to try on 31st at 6 PM (this means appointment for next monday). Hence, when do they give appointments for friday ?
Old 29th March 2012, 16:10   #649
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Doesn't the passport office function on fridays ? Or, is it that they give appointments for friday on some other day ? When I logged in and tried for appointment, got the message to try on 31st at 6 PM (this means appointment for next monday). Hence, when do they give appointments for friday ?
I believe appointment slots are released 2 days in advance. So, appointment on Friday can be booked on Wednesday, perhaps.
Old 29th March 2012, 16:32   #650
BHPian

Inspite of reading horror stories about Passport process, I had pleasant experience overall. Although, the process has become cumbersome once you enter Passprt Seva Kendra.

I filled up my daughter's Passport Renewal application on 15/03, and tried for appointment on 19/03 at 19:30. I got the first slot on 21/03. Took almost a day sitting at PSK for completing the formalities for a Tatkal renewal. 3 counter's is sheer waste of process optimization. The Tatkal Tokens on counters 2 & 3 only started rolling at 15:30. For a 15 mins of work on counters 2 & 3, we had to wait for 4 hours after completing counter 1 at 11:30.

I received the passport a while ago, exactly in 5 working days.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ardy : 29th March 2012 at 16:33.
Old 30th March 2012, 16:40   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Hello every body.
I have applied online for re-issue of my passport which will be expiring in June'12.
The online process is very simple. Filled all the necessary details and saved.
Got options with the earliest date on 21st March at 10.00am. Accepted and took a print out of the same. It has the file no. printed all across its six pages.

When I applied for the first time in 2002, I was still a student. Hence ECR is a must I guess at that time. Now, I will be in ECNR category.
I finally got my passport Re- issued with change of address, Spouse name updated.
The post man came at 4.00pm to my residence yesteday. Left a paper with his mobile no. asked my Mother( who was at home) to collect in Person at the Aundh Camp Post office.
Reached there today morning at 11.00am and luckily bumped into the same guy.
Collected it and signed his sheet.

Thanks for all the support. Team-BHP always rocks!

Last edited by GTO : 4th April 2012 at 12:48. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting an entire long message inconveniences our mobile users
Old 2nd April 2012, 20:53   #652
BHPian

for all those who are looking for appointment in bangalore, could see that appointment slots are open till next friday (April 13).
Do check it out in case you need appointment. I am not sure why the slots were opened for this week and whole of next week.

I got an appointment for myself on April 12.
Old 2nd April 2012, 22:43   #653
Team-BHP Support

I was able to get a slot for Wednesday with much difficulty. Despite all my efforts to be prepared, the site just stopped responding. After about 20 minutes of trying, i was able to finally book the slot.

As for why the slots are open for a greater period, its because the PSKs are closed on the following days :
5th and 6th : Public holidays
7th and 8th : Weekend
Old 3rd April 2012, 08:31   #654
BHPian

Surprising that slots are still open till next friday. May be, people are not aware that such bulk slot openings happen. Why don't the RPO publish such information. Most probably, people might be waiting for 6 PM to book their slots.

On a side note, I had query.My daughter's passport is getting expired in June. I have booked an appointment for her. My passport , in an unfortunate incident, got damaged and hence mine too has to be reissued. I have booked appointment for me too on the same date/slot as my daughter.

Now, will this be an issue,especially when I give my forms for my daughter, I have to submit my passport and if it is damaged, do I have to get mine first and then apply for my daughter ?

The damage to my passport is that the last page got cut.I have stuck back the cut pieces but then a damage is a damage .

Any suggestions as to what should be the action plan ?
Old 3rd April 2012, 09:52   #655
Senior - BHPian

Also, online is now NOT the only avenue for getting an appointment at a PSK.
As per following link, you can now go to your RPO and get an appointment at a PSK from there.
http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppO...f/Advisory.pdf

Good move i think. Seems they have heard the desperate cries of people unable to get appointments online.
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:01   #656
BHPian

Is anyone facing problem with the passport website.

Browser does not open up the website since yesterday. (IE and Chrome)
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:16   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_daytona View Post
Is anyone facing problem with the passport website.

Browser does not open up the website since yesterday. (IE and Chrome)
absolutely no issues. I booked appointment for my daughter yesterday at around 8 30 PM (for April 12) and today morning, changed the appointment to April 11.No issues... Even half an hour back, I did a booking for one of my friends and could see slots were still available.
Old 3rd April 2012, 17:23   #658
Team-BHP Support

Alright, I am a little confused about this 6PM business. I checked the slots for two of the PSKs, nothing available until 10th April, but after that there are slots available until 17th.

Can't I click on one of the available dates between 11th to 17th? Why should I wait until 6PM?

Secondly, the document adviser page asked to me provide only two documents. The old passport and address proof. Mine is a renewal due to passport expiry later this year. Why are people submitting age proof, marriage certificate, etc for renewals?

Won't old passport work like age proof?

Edit: I did get an appointment, I didn't wait for 6PM.

Last edited by Samurai : 3rd April 2012 at 17:38.
Old 3rd April 2012, 17:38   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Alright, I am a little confused about this 6PM business. I checked the slots for two of the PSKs, nothing available until 10th April, but after that there are slots available until 17th.

Can't I click on one of the available dates between 11th to 17th? Why should I wait until 6PM?

Secondly, the document adviser page asked to me provide only two documents. The old passport and address proof. Mine is a renewal due to passport expiry later this year. Why are people submitting age proof, marriage certificate, etc for renewals?

Samurai. The RPO will require only your old passport copy and not even the address proff in case there is no change in the address.
Old 3rd April 2012, 17:50   #660
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

Incase your old Passport was issued at by same RPO and there is no change in address , no need to attach address / age proof . Marriage certificates etc are required ,in case you want to include your spouse name in your passport. In case it;s already there, they might ask for it again to know that you both are still married. Although all these rules are pretty stupid but anyone working in public services with GOI has a thumb rule " ask for as much documentation as possible to be on safe side & save your skin" and than rules are not consistent unfortunately. So Just to be on safe side, attach as many documents possible . you won;t like to stand in line for 2 hours and than return Empty handed just because you were missing a silly document.

One more thing is that while re issuing a passport, they do check your old document submitted at the time of earlier passport issue and cross check them . Happened with a friend of mine in HYD and was asked to resubmit all his Docs again as they missed his docs submitted 10 years back .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks