Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2011, 18:12   #496
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

In Hyderabad, the option to show 3 ID proofs for Tatkal has been done away with since August. You need a Verification Certificate from an IAS/IPS level officer.

My question is, even after you provide the verification certificate, and assuming a change in address from your previous passport, is the Police verification still done for a passport renewal?

I got my passport a month ago, and the passport status website also says PP delivered, but I'm still waiting for Police Verification to happen. Will it happen or not?
Old 20th December 2011, 19:00   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
My question is, even after you provide the verification certificate, and assuming a change in address from your previous passport, is the Police verification still done for a passport renewal?
Is yours tatkal or normal reissue? You may have fallen into PV post-passport issuance, refer the link Passport Seva Portal (what has changed).

BTW, I have an appointment on Dec/22 to get my passport reissued on tatkal basis, it would be great if you could send me your phone #, I have a few queries. I am a noob and can't send PM.

Mods - please merge with my earlier post in this thread. Thanks.

I have an appointment at Hyd PSK on Dec/22 to get my passport reissued under tatkal, the current address is different from the one in the expiring passport. A few queries:
a) The portal listed out photo-copies of a few pages from my current passport and proof of address as the only documents required. (Tatkal-reissue-change in address case)
b) Do I need to get the letter from the designated officers or the 3 (out of 15) proofs?
c) Do I need to submit the affidivat (Annexure1)?

Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th December 2011 at 20:17.
Old 20th December 2011, 19:04   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Kavu, all i can say is you guys were fortunate. Both mjothi and myself are going through the same agonizing wait for the PV report. Both our passports had address changes involved.
Oh buddy you should have taken the legalised bribe option (aka Tatkaal route)!

The lady at Counter A in the PSK here at Sai Arcade asked me if I was interested in converting my application to Tatkaal!!! (I had mentioned Normal in the application). Very gleefully I said yes and got the re-issued passport delivered in 5 days! PV happened only after 6 months!!!

This is far cry from my first experience with Tatkal passport back in 2000. I had gotten an interview offer with Philips (cleared their HR round here in India) and they wanted me to come to Netherlands for formal technical interviews (I was in my final year B.Tech then). As I had no passport at that time, I wanted to apply for tatkal. Arranged for all the documents (even a guarantee certificate from an IAS officer) but I got lost in the never-ending queues at the Delhi RPO. You'll go there, stand in queues all day long at various counters and come back in the evening, all dejected. I was sent to one counter, from there to another and from there to another and from there back to first counter, without anyone bothering to look at my application!!! Finally I said to Philips I cannot come as I had no passport!!! Thankfully they allowed me to come at a later date when I received my Passport thru normal channels rahter than Tatkaal (after about 2 months from the date of application).
Old 20th December 2011, 19:44   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare
Is yours tatkal or normal reissue? You may have fallen into PV post-passport issuance, refer the link Passport Seva Portal (what has changed).

BTW, I have an appointment on Dec/22 to get my passport reissued on tatkal basis, it would be great if you could send me your phone #, I have a few queries. I am a noob and can't send PM.
Skumare, i tried to pm you but apparently you've chosen not to receive any PMs. Do change your setting so i can send you my contact number.

I got my passport renewed in November on Tatkal basis. I had to go there thrice because each time they were not happy with something or the other, so i can give you loads of do's and don'ts. I got my new passport within 2weeks by courier.
Old 20th December 2011, 19:51   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Skumare, i tried to pm you but apparently you've chosen not to receive any PMs. Do change your setting so i can send you my contact number.
I do not have an option of receiving/sending PMs till I cross 25 posts, you could send me an email. I have turned on the email option. Thanks.
Old 20th December 2011, 20:48   #501
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Oh buddy you should have taken the legalised bribe option (aka Tatkaal route)!

The lady at Counter A in the PSK here at Sai Arcade asked me if I was interested in converting my application to Tatkaal!!! (I had mentioned Normal in the application). Very gleefully I said yes and got the re-issued passport delivered in 5 days! PV happened only after 6 months!!!
I was also provided that option, but didnt take it as i thought the officials inside would ask for the Annexure, which i didnt have. Also, the website clearly mentioned that for the change in particulars as in my case, a Tatkaal mode of applkication was not possible. Was i wrong in my understanding?
Old 21st December 2011, 13:37   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Also, the website clearly mentioned that for the change in particulars as in my case, a Tatkaal mode of applkication was not possible. Was i wrong in my understanding?
That's correct. If you have changes in particulars like name, appearance etc. you cannot opt for Tatkal.
Old 21st December 2011, 23:31   #503
BHPian

I did not have any change in the details. Name, address, nothing, still I had to undergo police verification during passport renewal. Only difference, renewed passport came before the verification
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:05   #504
Team-BHP Support

Finally, an update for my application, as follows:

Quote:
Passport application has been granted and Police Verification Report has been submitted. You would receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched.
I proactively went to the police station and got the verification done.
Old 22nd December 2011, 21:08   #505
BHPian

Thanks Joslicx,

Your guidnace is very useful. I will try to get a slot in the coming week.
Old 23rd December 2011, 09:29   #506
Senior - BHPian

What can be done to reissue a passport the earlier one is missing which incidently has also expired?
Old 23rd December 2011, 09:56   #507
Team-BHP Support

Motomaverick, there are some selection criteria on the passport seva site, which you can use to arrive at the documents and procedure you would need to follow in this case. This is the link to the site :

PassportSeva
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:03   #508
BHPian

Was there at PSK (Hyd) yesterday, mine was a reissue with the expiring passport issued in NewYork and an address change in India too. Booked a Tatkal slot and was told that I need a PV/VC to go for tatkal because the previous one was not issued at Hyd and they didn't accept the other (3 out 15 proofs) option for tatkal. Will be submitting in normal mode once I get the next appointment.

In hind sight, I should have attended the Hadippa meet rather than getting the above gyan at PSK.
Old 23rd December 2011, 10:05   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally, an update for my application, as follows:

I proactively went to the police station and got the verification done.
Good.

I got an SMS yesterday around 10pm saying the passport is dispatched

Seems like the wait is over!
Old 23rd December 2011, 11:34   #510
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Good.

I got an SMS yesterday around 10pm saying the passport is dispatched

Seems like the wait is over!
Congrats. After the update yesterday, the latest update on mine is as follows:

Quote:
Police has completed verification process on 22/12/2011. Your passport will be dispatched after 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at Regional Passport Office. You would receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched.

Most Viewed