Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2012, 15:09   #601
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Thanks for clarification. Just got it checked. My wife earlier passport was from Bangalore only. So that might be the reason for : No verification.

In my case my original passport was from other state, so for me its Post verification.
Police verification will be done later. In my case I got my passport renewed in October (passport was dispatched in a week). Police verification happened only by end Jan.

Got a call from the local police station, went there with an address proof, copy of the old passport, 3 photographs and the verification process was one in 15 minutes. Everything was professionally handled and no "tea money" exchanged hands! Unbelievable experience.
Old 6th February 2012, 23:55   #602
A.R
BHPian

I got my passport reissued about 10 days ago. Applied for tatkal and got with a post issuance Police Verification. Till now, haven't received any notification from our local police station.

Will police verification mandatorily happen or should I go to the station and check?

I need to travel in March and don't want any unexpected issues. Please suggest.
Old 7th February 2012, 01:38   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Tips:
1. Take as many address proofs as you can.
I went with two for me, and two for my wife. (Two bank statements for me, Private bank, with covering letter and all of the docs stamped and signed by bank guys. For wife one bank statement, again private bank, covering letter, all stamped and signed, and a Gas connection proof).
I opted for tatkaal and for that they somehow want 2 address proofs.
I thought for Tatkal, you need 3 address proofs. What are the other proofs they accept apart from the normal ones? Will company letter work?
Old 7th February 2012, 09:57   #604
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I'm looking forward to get the following things done.

1> Renew my existing passport (expires on Feb 12 - this was issued in Ahmedabad and now I want to renew at Bangalore).
2> Get my wife's name endorsed on my passport (she doesnt have one)
3> Get a new passport for my wife and get my name added to it

Based on the list of documents, I have some primary details, I would like to ask about the marriage certificate here. I dont have one and got my invitation card and marriage pic to either get an affidavit or if possible, get the marriage certificate done itself before I go with the above steps. Can someone tell me which one will be better, an affidavit or the marriage certificate itself and how long it may take!

Last edited by Ketan : 7th February 2012 at 09:59.
Old 7th February 2012, 10:19   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I thought for Tatkal, you need 3 address proofs. What are the other proofs they accept apart from the normal ones? Will company letter work?
Company has to be a govt one. They mention it explicitly. However in Bangalore they accepted the address proof on Nokia letter head. So I guess it depends on mood of those guys. Better not to take chances.

I will still say Bank account statements are best way out.

Or else if you have postpaid mobile bills, but one from this year and another from last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Can someone tell me which one will be better, an affidavit or the marriage certificate itself and how long it may take!
You should try to get the marriage certificate. Not only for passport but in a general sense too.

Remember for passport purposes the copy of Marriage Certificate needs to be attested (Not self attested).

@A.R: Its better you go to Police Station and ask about it. Keep your file number handy.

Last edited by download2live : 7th February 2012 at 10:25.
Old 7th February 2012, 15:08   #606
BHPian

Submitted the renewal application at Hyd PSK on Jan/02nd. The relevant person from the PV team came to my house today and I gave him copies of the required documents, managed to get witness signatures from the neighbours too. Copies of the following were submitted today as part of PV process:
a) Old passport copy - first and last pages
b) Visa+Indian Immigration stamp of the latest abroad visit
c) Address proof - mobile bills - one from 2011 and one from 2010
d) School certificate
and then 1 passport photograph.
Old 10th February 2012, 20:41   #607
Senior - BHPian

Guys

My current passport is issued by Vizag RPO which is due to expire in June 2012. I need to apply for renewal from Pune RPO where I have been living since 2007. I am applying through tatkal.

I have the following as address proofs for my residence in Pune for continuously 3 yeas :

1) DL
2) Gas connection.
3) bank statements
4) mobile bills

Can I apply to tatkaal with these? Or should I get annexure f? IF i need to get Annexure F, from whom?
Old 10th February 2012, 21:01   #608
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

^^you need to have a verification letter as well from a officer of the rank of IAS or those listed on website . make sure that that you have his photo Id card xerox with you as well. pls have atleast 2 copies of verification letter from him signed in original . if possible get the verification letter from SHO of your police station .

Also Pls carry Along your all original documents .

between in certain RPO;s , TCS has finally taken over the process from Govt officials and they are issuing passports now applied via Normal route. for Tatkal application, one still need to go to govt officials.

check the below website . one can apply online as well.

Passport Seva Portal

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 10th February 2012 at 21:08.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 15:24   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R View Post
I got my passport reissued about 10 days ago. Applied for tatkal and got with a post issuance Police Verification. Till now, haven't received any notification from our local police station.

Will police verification mandatorily happen or should I go to the station and check?

I too am in the same boat! Got my passport in January first week, but still no call for verification! Which police station do you come under?
Old 15th February 2012, 17:55   #610
BHPian

Quote:

Should be OK I guess. I traveled twice with the renewed passport before the PV was done.
Old 15th February 2012, 17:57   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I too am in the same boat! Got my passport in January first week, but still no call for verification! Which police station do you come under?
First please check whether the "Police verification" column is mentioned as "Post" in your acknowledgement slip. It it is mentioned as "No", then there won't be any police verification for you.

If police verification is required for you, then please enquire with your local police station. This will avoid unpleasant surprises especially when you are about to fly abroad.
Old 16th February 2012, 10:38   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
First please check whether the "Police verification" column is mentioned as "Post" in your acknowledgement slip. It it is mentioned as "No", then there won't be any police verification for you.

If police verification is required for you, then please enquire with your local police station. This will avoid unpleasant surprises especially when you are about to fly abroad.
It is post verification. I plan to wait till end of February and then start visiting the police station!
Old 21st February 2012, 11:24   #613
Senior - BHPian

I could not submit my reissue application via Tatkaal, the guy at the front office seem to be determined not to accept any tatkaals. Nevertheless, submitted my application through normal procedure at Pune RPO on 17th.

However, the online status page keeps giving me a message that "The file name is wrong or information is NOT available" is this expected? How long to wait before the status is updated once we submit the application?
Old 21st February 2012, 12:01   #614
BHPian

Quote:

I went to the police station last Friday. The person present there asked me about the address, including drawing a small map to show the location of the apartment. At first, he mentioned that my file had not come from the passport office and that his police station was not the right one. After insisting that all the applications from my apartment came to this police station only, he reluctantly printed out my application. He then checked a ledger they maintain for all passport verification's that they need to do and to my surprise, my details were entered there on 5th January itself (2 days after applying for the renewed passport). He then verified all the documents, asked for a latest bill for the documents submitted by me. I only had the latest phone bill which I took along and gave it. I also gave 3 photographs and signed the required documents along with a letter addressed to the inspector of the police station requesting for completing police verification while stating my current and permanent address, the date from which I was staying at my current address and that I had good character !

After submission, gave some "tea-money" and was told that they will visit my home within 2 days. No one has come till now though! My guess is that they will never come to visit and that my verification is over.
Old 28th February 2012, 17:30   #615
BHPian

HI Friends,

I had applied for Tatkal passport on 12 Sept 2011, My police verification was showing as pending, when i went to enquire at passport office, they told me to submit a PPF, post which my verification completed on Jan 12th, still their website is not updated and my passport is not dispatched, I need your help friends, Any of you have contacts of really reliable agents who can help me here, i tried everything nothing is working out, they dont allow me to meet the PRO, i dunno why, Please help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks