Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 10:16   #541
Team-BHP Support

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Unfortunately, its still paper. So, the whole bottle-neck of this otherwise excellent system is this path.
I am not so sure of this, since when i went to the police station to check on the status of my application, there was a pdf file which was being referred to. After this, a physical printout was made and the verification details entered in front of me.
Old 11th January 2012, 10:17   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Its Mahadevpura. I think you are filling the form offline. Right?

I remember seeing a drop down box that showed the post codes (pin codes) that falls in Mahadevpura police station. It includes Kundanahalli and Marathahalli too.

I don't think it will be an issue. The police commissioner office will know which station it has to be dispatched depending on the house address.
Thanks mjothi! Actually I filled the form online and applied for the passport on 3rd Jan. I received the passport on 7th Jan as my application was processed for post-verification! Got the doubt about the police station a bit late .

By the way, your blog on this was really useful for me and I referred to it multiple times to get my questions answered!
Old 11th January 2012, 11:06   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Yeah. God knows what I went through for this one! Lesson learned: Never try to change the address in your passport!!

Try: https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in

Good luck!
Thanks, this link works for me.

Had one question on Address proof. I have shifted to a new address (own house) from August 1st, 2011. I have bank statements from August 1st at the new address, property registration documents (again dated August 2011) Electricity bill (only one month on my name). What address proof can I use. No landline bill, no ration card, no gas connection, voter's card has old address. I work for a private MNC. Is a bank statement from August sufficient?
Passport Renewal Procedure-address.jpg
Old 11th January 2012, 11:58   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_daytona View Post
one question on Address proof. I have shifted to a new address (own house)
You would need to provide address proof of both old and new residential addresses since your have lived for less than an year in new address.

For that, 12 months statement up to August + Letter from HR would suffice.
Old 11th January 2012, 13:16   #545
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I work for a private MNC. Is a bank statement from August sufficient?
With some banks, when you update with the new address, and request a statement for the whole year, it is issued for the year, bearing the new address on it (old address was the office address). This is what i had used as address proof, which was accepted by the passport authorities. I also had old landline bills upto a year old, as backup though.
Old 11th January 2012, 15:11   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
With some banks, when you update with the new address, and request a statement for the whole year, it is issued for the year, bearing the new address on it (old address was the office address). This is what i had used as address proof, which was accepted by the passport authorities. I also had old landline bills upto a year old, as backup though.
Thanks. Will try ordering a 1 year statement. If that works great. I do have the Airtel landline bills from the old address though.
Old 11th January 2012, 15:30   #547
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks. Will try ordering a 1 year statement. If that works great. I do have the Airtel landline bills from the old address though.
For Airtel landline bills, are they hard copy, or printouts from a softcopy? If the latter, go to the Airtel office, and ask them to stamp the printout with their seal, thereby making it official. Without this, the printout will not be accepted as official. Just tell the Airtel guys this is to be used as an address proof for passport application.
Old 17th January 2012, 11:55   #548
BHPian

Had few more questions. Planning to try and get an appointment today at 6pm.

My case will be reissue of passport due to validity expiring in a month's time.
Address change: I have 1 year bank statement with seal from the bank.
Spouse name inclusion due to marriage: Have marriage registration certificate

1) Do I need to provide any proof for the ECNR stamp? Degree certificate?
2) Do i need to carry any proof for Date of birth?
Is the old passport sufficient for above two?
3) There are changes in my hair style, moustache and the amount of weight I have put on(54kgs to 78kgs, which shows on the face) from the old passport photo.
Should I also include change in appearance in the form or is it that they anyway take a new photo?
Old 17th January 2012, 12:05   #549
BHPian

Quote:
3) There are changes in my hair style, moustache and the amount of weight I have put on(54kgs to 78kgs, which shows on the face) from the old passport photo.
Should I also include change in appearance in the form or is it that they anyway take a new photo?
(1) not required if ECNR is stamped in your old passport
(2) not required
(3) they will take a new photo - no need to indicate change in appearance.

It doesn't hurt to carry your School certificate etc, you never know when/what you will be asked to show/submit.

Last edited by skumare : 17th January 2012 at 12:07. Reason: typo
Old 17th January 2012, 12:10   #550
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Need an urgent help. I have a passport issued from Kolkata RPO and so does my wife. I am presently staying at bangalore for the past 1 year and wish to apply for a passport for my infant daughter. I have my wife's name endorsed on my passport. Now the question:
Can I apply for my daughter's passport from Bangalore? If yes, how?
Old 17th January 2012, 12:54   #551
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Had few more questions. Planning to try and get an appointment today at 6pm.

My case will be reissue of passport due to validity expiring in a month's time.
Address change: I have 1 year bank statement with seal from the bank.
Spouse name inclusion due to marriage: Have marriage registration certificate

Answers to your queries:
1.) If your previous passport was issued when you were below 18 years, as was the case with me, then you will need to carry your degree certificate to get the ECNR. In my case, i was not aware of such a requirement, and so had to rush back home to get this document, along with a copy.
2.) For DOB, old passport will suffice, but carrying additional proof is safer.
3.) Dont mark change in appearance. It shows up some error when processing the application at the passport office. Such things are understandable, and a new pic will anyway be clicked onsite for the new passport.

Hope that helps.
Old 17th January 2012, 12:55   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Hi Folks,

Need an urgent help. I have a passport issued from Kolkata RPO and so does my wife. I am presently staying at bangalore for the past 1 year and wish to apply for a passport for my infant daughter. I have my wife's name endorsed on my passport. Now the question:
Standard process through ppseva portal - apply for Minor
You will need
annexure-H and
use a local proof of address for you/your wife and
a Date of Birth cert for your kid.

Your daughter will get pp with bangalore address.
adzegeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 12:59   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Hi Folks,

Change the address in your passport. Include spouse names in each parent passport. Submit both passport as evidence, and you can get your baby passport. Good luck.
kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 16:30   #554
Senior - BHPian

Since my passport is due to expire in Mar 2013, I am planning to get it renewed as soon as possible. 2 questions:

1. I am based in Bangalore now. But still live in a rented house here. My original passport is with my permanent address in my native town in TN. Can I only renew this passport here in Bangalore only? I heard some friends having trouble getting it renewed in their native places - the authorities have told them that they need to get it renewed only in the place of their current residence.
2. I checked on the Passport site and am not sure if I understand it correctly. Can I renew my passport though it will expire only in 14 months? Is the procedure simple to renew it?
Old 18th January 2012, 02:46   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
1. I am based in Bangalore now. But still live in a rented house here. My original passport is with my permanent address in my native town in TN. Can I only renew this passport here in Bangalore only? I heard some friends having trouble getting it renewed in their native places - the authorities have told them that they need to get it renewed only in the place of their current residence.
2. I checked on the Passport site and am not sure if I understand it correctly. Can I renew my passport though it will expire only in 14 months? Is the procedure simple to renew it?
1. If you are renewing your passport with the same address (in the expiring one), you may get it without police verification. However, if they initiate PV for whatever reason, it may become a hassle if you are living else where.
2. You could renew one year in advance, need to wait for 2 more months before you could renew.
skumare is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks