Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2012, 16:10   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

^^^ After a lot of search i still have not been able to find any BSNL bills from last 1+ years. BSNL recently started sending email Bills in PDF format, earlier it used to be text which i do not think will be acceptable at the Passport office.

Is Airtel bill acceptable? I am sure i have PDF bills form the time i took the connection ~7 years back, and bills show this address for the last 3+ years?
Old 11th April 2012, 19:57   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Is Airtel bill acceptable? I am sure i have PDF bills form the time i took the connection ~7 years back, and bills show this address for the last 3+ years?
Airtel bills are accepted, just ensure that you are getting the printed bills (from PDFs) stamped at the nearby Airtel office before visiting the PSK.

Last edited by skumare : 11th April 2012 at 19:58.
Old 12th April 2012, 10:48   #678
BHPian

my passport got damaged in an unfortunate incident and hence had to reapply. Also, my daughter's passport is getting expired in June and hence thought will do both at the same time.

Big mistake.

For renewing daughter's passport, I should have mine first. Even though both mine as well as my daughter's appointment was for same time slot,I had to give my form first, go through A-B-C counters, get the passport granted acknowledgement and then do the same cycle for my daughter.

For both me as well as my daughter,the police verification is "pre verification"
I was under the impression that renewal of passport with no change of any data doesn't have any police verification. But then I am not sure why there is a police verification in my daughter's case. My passport too have pre verification even though there is no change in any data.

Is it because my passport was a damaged passport ? The damage was that the last page (which had address got cut in a paper shredder (my mistake when i emptied the travel bag contents without checking what is in it)

Does anyone has any past experiences of getting police verification done from Mahadevapura police station in Bangalore. After how many days of submission should I go and visit the PS (in case I don't get a call from PS) ?

Last edited by joecherian : 12th April 2012 at 10:54.
Old 12th April 2012, 12:22   #679
Team-BHP Support

I had 11am appointment today at Mangalore PSK. Joined the outside queue at 10:20am, entered the building at 10:30am. Breezed through counters 1, 2, A, B, C, exit & feedback. Was outside by 11:50am.

Still stunned by the efficiency at an Indian passport center. The B & C counters spent 60 seconds and 10 seconds respectively with me.

I suppose the police verification will more than compensate by dragging it. Oh well...

Now my current passport is cancelled. How long before police give me a call?
Old 12th April 2012, 12:26   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I had 11am appointment today at Mangalore PSK. Joined the outside queue at 10:20am, entered the building at 10:30am. Breezed through counters 1, 2, A, B, C, exit & feedback. Was outside by 11:50am.

Still stunned by the efficiency at an Indian passport center. The B & C counters spent 60 seconds and 10 seconds respectively with me.

I suppose the police verification will more than compensate by dragging it. Oh well...

Now my current passport is cancelled. How long before police give me a call?
Did you change your address in your renewal passport? My understanding is that there will be police verification only if you change your address in the passport during renewal.
Old 12th April 2012, 16:54   #681
Senior - BHPian

I have a passport from my native place taken in 2003 and have decided to get it renewed here in Bangalore. From the passport seva site, I see that I will only need to provide one of the documents required - for which I can provide the 1 years statement from my ICICI bank account. Would that be enough or do they ask for secondary documentation to back it up?

I understand that there will be police verification in this case.
Old 12th April 2012, 17:04   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
....for which I can provide the 1 years statement from my ICICI bank account. Would that be enough or do they ask for secondary documentation to back it up?

Yes, bank account statement for the last 1yr will do. If you have any other documents, keep them handy. There will be PV if there is an address change.
Old 12th April 2012, 17:16   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
I was under the impression that renewal of passport with no change of any data doesn't have any police verification. But then I am not sure why there is a police verification in my daughter's case. My passport too have pre verification even though there is no change in any data.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Did you change your address in your renewal passport? My understanding is that there will be police verification only if you change your address in the passport during renewal.
Its not always. Most of the times, they do post-verification for such cases. But then it again depends on the APO who decides.
Old 12th April 2012, 20:05   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Yes, bank account statement for the last 1yr will do. If you have any other documents, keep them handy. There will be PV if there is an address change.
Thanks for the clarification, skumare!

Another question - all those "non-mandatory" fields - do we have to fill them or are they also "mandatory"? Especially fields like Mother's name etc?
Old 13th April 2012, 09:43   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Another question - all those "non-mandatory" fields - do we have to fill them or are they also "mandatory"? Especially fields like Mother's name etc?
One of the 3 (Father/Mother/Legal-guardian) is mandatory. You can leave out the optional fields while filling in the form and the form will be validated during submission for any missing details and also Pincode errors etc. You will able to submit only after clearing all validation errors.
Old 13th April 2012, 10:57   #686
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Yes, there is pre-verification by police before the passport can be issued as my address has changed.

Although I carried voter id, pan card and ration card, I decided not to use it unless somebody insists on it. The guy at the initial counter asked for ration card, when I showed it and mentioned it has meaningless address, he lost interest in it.

I only used wife's passport for address proof and marriage certificate to add wife's name to my passport. The TCS guy at counter A wanted more forms of address proof like bank statement or phone bill. I said their website says wife's passport is enough. Then he conferred with his colleague in the next counter, and agreed that wife's passport is good enough as sole address proof.
Old 13th April 2012, 17:02   #687
Senior - BHPian

Guys, since I will be needing the Police verification to be done here in Bangalore, do I need to fill in any other form? I see that there is a PassportApplicationForm_PCC_English_V1.0 on the Passport seva site. Does that need to be filled by any chance? Maybe I am being too cautious but better to ask than get caught out later on
Old 13th April 2012, 17:28   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a passport from my native place taken in 2003 and have decided to get it renewed here in Bangalore. From the passport seva site, I see that I will only need to provide one of the documents required - for which I can provide the 1 years statement from my ICICI bank account. Would that be enough or do they ask for secondary documentation to back it up?

If you are planning on a tatkal passport then take at least two bank statements.
In fact to be on safe side take as many address proof documents you can.

Keep few xerox copies too. Helps in police verification.

Also make sure that the statements are signed and have bank seal on them.
Ask for a covering letter too. Tell the bankers that you are going to use this as address proof for passport purpose.
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:32   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, since I will be needing the Police verification to be done here in Bangalore, do I need to fill in any other form? I see that there is a PassportApplicationForm_PCC_English_V1.0 on the Passport seva site. Does that need to be filled by any chance? Maybe I am being too cautious but better to ask than get caught out later on
Even I am in a situation like this . My old passport is from kerala and now I need a passport which is to be renewed in Bangalore . I would also like that to be done through Tatkal . Does this need a police verification certificate ?
If that need to be done , how would that be processed ? I do not have any contacts directly here and hence any help shall be appreciated .

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
If you are planning on a tatkal passport then take at least two bank statements.
In fact to be on safe side take as many address proof documents you can.

Keep few xerox copies too. Helps in police verification.

Also make sure that the statements are signed and have bank seal on them.
Ask for a covering letter too. Tell the bankers that you are going to use this as address proof for passport purpose.
If you can give some information on the above mentioned concerns , that will be great
Old 23rd April 2012, 17:46   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Even I am in a situation like this . My old passport is from kerala and now I need a passport which is to be renewed in Bangalore . I would also like that to be done through Tatkal . Does this need a police verification certificate ?
If that need to be done , how would that be processed ? I do not have any contacts directly here and hence any help shall be appreciated .
No you do not need any certificate from Police at the time of renewal (even for Tatkaal). Police Verification will happen afterwards (in my case police guy came after 1.5 years of renewal!!!) You will just need 3 Address Proof documents (not necessarily current address) with Photo ID and at least 1 of them your current address (gas connection, landline bill, bank statement etc will do). I used my UP issued Voter ID, LPG bill and Airtel bill for this.
You will also need Annex I affidavit (you can get it at town hall and get it notarized there. I got it thru our office Concierge services) It is mentioned on the passport site so I had it though they did not ask for it at the PSK desk! Also I got my wife's name added so gave a copy of marriage certificate for taht.

Hope it helps. Applying in Tatkaal is easy and hassle-free. Dont be too apprehensive. I got mine and my daughter's done thru Tatkaal only. I think at the PSK they encourage you to apply in Tatkaal (My own renewal I had not applied under Tatkaal but at Counter A at the PSK the lady herself offered to convert my application to Tatkaal!) Thats why I consider Tatkaal to be the legalized bribe option and you very well know that how bribes run India!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks