Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2012, 14:39   #781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Sigh- that time of year again. Each member of my family has a passport expiring in successive years! First it was mine (2010), then my little one (2011) and now the missus (2012). The only good thing is I don't have to go to the damn passport office for another 4 years (kids' passports have 5 year validity).
With an online appointment, I thought the SB road is more convenient. And located nearby too, compared to Mundhwa.

by the way, is there a rule that you have to wait for the passport to expire in the next 6 months before you can renew?
Old 18th May 2012, 14:44   #782
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I think you can renew within a year of impending expiry. However you cannot travel out of the country if your passport is expiring within 6 months. I have heard otherwise from seasoned travelers who say the latter is not practiced strictly.
Old 18th May 2012, 15:15   #783

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
there is more than ample parking available at the PSK @ 20rs for 2 hours
Great. Thanks. PSKs really seem to have got their act together.
Old 18th May 2012, 15:18   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
^^ I think you can renew within a year of impending expiry. However you cannot travel out of the country if your passport is expiring within 6 months. I have heard otherwise from seasoned travelers who say the latter is not practiced strictly.
Ok. maybe more out of oversight for that 6 month rule. better to be safe than ending up spending more renewing your passport abroad.

I just thought it would be more comfortable to apply together. In fact, for me and my wife; our passport expiry dates were within a year of each other. I had grandiose plans of applying together for passport renewal. Till I saw my passport come out of my trouser pockets from a 60 degree fully automatic washload while out of India. So had to apply for another one at the embassy there itself.

Useless information for you noop, but anyone as brilliant as me ending up washing your passport; you know whom to PM!

Last edited by selfdrive : 18th May 2012 at 15:20.
Old 20th May 2012, 19:02   #785

Hi
I am trying to help my parents renew their passports online. I was unable to get a tatkal passport even after logging in at 6 pm with two computers. However the message said "try the normal appointment".
I did manage to get a normal appointment for both of them using the tatkal uploaded documents for two weeks later.
However my concern is if this is permitted. Can one apply for a tatkal online but book a normal appointment? Could someone clarify this. I have managed to do this online but am not sure if there will be problems . Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 12:50   #786
BHPian

Phew! Got my daughter's passport applied successfully and the experience was unbelievable!

Based on past experiences, I had told my wife to be prepared to spend atleast 4 hours at PSK (Sai Arcade, Bangalore). We had packed everything which me might have needed to pacify my daughter in case she got cranky (food, chocolates, fruits, water etc.). I had even applied for a day's leave at office.

But, the experience was completely different and pleasantly surprising! The whole of the process got completed in mere 45 minutes! I was at PSK sharp 9.30 am and out of the building by 10.15 am! Kudos to PSK Sai Arcade!
Old 22nd May 2012, 13:09   #787
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Police Verification (PV) has been initiated and a PV request has been sent to SP Office, District Udupi. Your passport will be dispatched after Clear Police Verification Report is received at Regional Passport Office. You would receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched.
This has been the status since April 12, when I submitted the application. Even my police verification got done on May 12. Wonder how long it will take.
Old 22nd May 2012, 13:18   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
This has been the status since April 12, when I submitted the application. Even my police verification got done on May 12. Wonder how long it will take.
me too in the same boat. Applied on April 11th, Had police verification done on May 2(that too I went to the PS to have it done).
Status still shows that file hasn't come back from the police station. Called up the passport kendra in Commissioner's office and got the same status as file is still with the PS.

Btb, did you check this website to see whether your file has come back from the PS ? http://www.bcp.gov.in/english/passpo...ort-index.html

for most part of the day, this site is down and hence you need to keep checking regularly as to when the site limps back to life

Last edited by joecherian : 22nd May 2012 at 13:24.
Old 22nd May 2012, 14:26   #789
BHPian

Hi,

Could anyone clarify if Annexure I is a must for tatkal application. The "document advisor" for Tatkal does not mention this annexure but the following link has it
https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in...online/tatkaal

It also lists out additional document required. Which is correct?
Old 22nd May 2012, 14:54   #790
BHPian

Had a query regarding delivery of passport.
In case the applicant has shifted from the house where in he was residing (at the time of passport application), what is the procedure to be followed for getting the passport ?
Will the postman return the passport to RPO ? In my case, I will be moving out of Bangalore next week and I don't expect my passport to come anytime before that. I have rented out my house to some one who will occupy my house in June.
Should I inform the post office regarding this so that they will redirect the passport or can I come and collect the same, once I hear from the tenant that postman had come to deliver the passport ?
Old 22nd May 2012, 16:28   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Should I inform the post office regarding this so that they will redirect the passport or can I come and collect the same, once I hear from the tenant that postman had come to deliver the passport ?
Give a authorization letter to your tenant to collect the passport from postman.
Old 22nd May 2012, 17:39   #792
BHPian

I am applying for passport for my minor son (5 months old). I have uploaded mine as well as my wife's passport copy (both have spouse's name mentioned), sons birth certificate and annexure 'H'.
Is there anything else that I need to carry in original other than the ones I uploaded? I uploaded these as suggested by document advisor on the website.
Also how is police verification done? Do I have to apply for it separately?
My appt is on 25th.
Old 23rd May 2012, 09:11   #793
BHPian

@ Inder : Was wondering if you missed the address proof. Probably its the same in your passports, so no worries. And you might want to back up the data with a marriage certificate.

No police verification for children, as far as my understanding goes. Carry multiple copies of docs with you.
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:28   #794
BHPian

I had a Tatkal appointment today at Lalbagh PSK. It was a smooth affair and staff were courteous and helpful. Just a few points that may be helpful to others.

1. No need of Covering letter for the 1 year Bank statement if it is a original copy.
2. Non nationalised Bank's statement are also accepted(Mine was HDFC)
3. No need of annexure I for Tatkal application.
4. No Need of paper advt for a minor modification of name. Just a request letter addressed to RPO and annexure E will suffice.
Old 23rd May 2012, 13:58   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I am applying for passport for my minor son (5 months old). I have uploaded mine as well as my wife's passport copy (both have spouse's name mentioned), sons birth certificate and annexure 'H'.
Is there anything else that I need to carry in original other than the ones I uploaded? I uploaded these as suggested by document advisor on the website.
Also how is police verification done? Do I have to apply for it separately?
My appt is on 25th.
Yesterday I saw a billboard in the PSK asking people to carry 1 passport sized photograph of the baby. Though I had carried the photographs of my daughter, they did not ask for it. Suggest you to carry the photographs to be on the safer side.

Most Viewed