Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2012, 07:43   #706
Team-BHP Support

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

I finally got the passport issued for my 3 year old daughter yesterday, exactly 20 days after i had applied at the PSK in Bangalore. This application was made in the Normal mode, and had no police verification involved.

Thanks a lot to the PSKs for providing a highly efficient service. With this, it marks the end of my tryst with the PSKs for the time being atleast.
Old 26th April 2012, 08:39   #707
BHPian

Hi All, got my passport reissued from Chandigarh PSK in December last year, as my pages were exhausted and passport was about to expire in 6 months.

Do your homework and take all the documents mentioned on the PSK portal. The TCS team will make sure you have all the docs in place will create a file for your case. Then just wait for your number and follow the directions.

The experience was more than satisfactory. At the moment , Chandigarh PSK doesn't require you to take an appointment. I applied for Tatkal due to upcoming H1 visa stamping and chose the 60 pages booklet. Total damage done was Rs 3000 i guess.

The most unexpected thing i experienced was that as soon i stepped out of the PSK center, i got an SMS stating that my passport has been dispatched and was provided with a speed post tracking number. Talk about express service !!!
Old 26th April 2012, 12:25   #708
Senior - BHPian

Guys with issues with passport go to this site :: Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government ::

and lodge your grievance, looks like it works. My passport status is "should be dispatched on 16/04/2012" even today, I lodged a grievance. I will keep you guys posted.
Old 26th April 2012, 15:58   #709
Senior - BHPian

I've applied for my passport renewal here in Bangalore and have got a slot for the 2nd early morning. My original passport was taken in my native place in TN.

So, going by the documents required, I will be taking the following documents (though AFAIK, only one is required):

1. Citibank 1 year bank statement - no covering letter
2. ICICI 1 year bank statement - no covering letter
3. Airtel mobile bills - 1 from last year and 1 of last month
4. Tax statement
5. Letter from company HR stating that the purpose is for Passport renewal

I am taking along all these just cause I don't want them to dismiss any document for any reason. Hopefully these are fine. Do let me know if any change is required.

Also, when going to the PSK, do I need to just carry these documents and also my existing passport only? Am I allowed a bag or anything? Or just a clear plastic file will do?

Do advise.
Old 26th April 2012, 16:02   #710
Senior - BHPian

naveenroy

With company HR letter, your company ID photocopy will also be asked. So keep that ready as well.

Also your existing passport will be needed. It will be canceled.

Yes you can carry a file with all the docs inside. I think they dont allow bags (only exception is infants )
Old 26th April 2012, 17:16   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
naveenroy

With company HR letter, your company ID photocopy will also be asked. So keep that ready as well.

Also your existing passport will be needed. It will be canceled.

Yes you can carry a file with all the docs inside. I think they dont allow bags (only exception is infants )
Thanks for the update about company photo ID.

Hopefully, there will be no hassle also with the police verification.
Old 26th April 2012, 18:32   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I finally got the passport issued for my 3 year old daughter yesterday, exactly 20 days after i had applied at the PSK in Bangalore. This application was made in the Normal mode, and had no police verification involved.

Thanks a lot to the PSKs for providing a highly efficient service. With this, it marks the end of my tryst with the PSKs for the time being atleast.
Do we have to take the child too? My daughter is 10 month old and I am going to apply for her passport at Pune RPO, since Pune is not a PSK I wonder do we need to take the minor child too for getting the passport.
Old 26th April 2012, 19:09   #713
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
So, going by the documents required, I will be taking the following documents (though AFAIK, only one is required):

I hope this is the hard copy which was posted to your address by the bank.

Quote:
I am not sure if they accept mobile bills, since they mentioned landline bills, but either way if these are printouts, they need to have a seal from Airtel.

Quote:
Also, when going to the PSK, do I need to just carry these documents and also my existing passport only? Am I allowed a bag or anything? Or just a clear plastic file will do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
At the PSK in Bangalore, i carried along my laptop bag (without the laptop) with the documents within it, in paper files. This was the case when i had gone for my passport re-issue. As long as you are not carrying any electronic equipment such as camera or laptop, you should have no issues.

Quote:
Hopefully, there will be no hassle also with the police verification.
Once the status on the passport portal shows as sent for police verification, wait for few days, and then directly go to the relevant police station along with your file number as well as address proof documents and 2 passport size photos in color. They will fish out the file for you, and you can get the police verification done at the spot. This is what i had done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Do we have to take the child too? My daughter is 10 month old and I am going to apply for her passport at Pune RPO, since Pune is not a PSK I wonder do we need to take the minor child too for getting the passport.
I believe you do need to take the child along, but they do require a passport photo of the child taken beforehand. Actually, i am not very sure how it works out in the case of an infant, as in your case. Had it been a PSK, the whole process is rather comfortable, and you also have a PSK office with a baby care room, plus A/C.
Old 26th April 2012, 19:16   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope this is the hard copy which was posted to your address by the bank.
My bad - should have mentioned that these bank statements are printouts that I have got from the banks itself with the bank stamp and signature of the teller.

Quote:
I am not sure if they accept mobile bills, since they mentioned landline bills, but either way if these are printouts, they need to have a seal from Airtel.
These are also the original bills from Airtel.

Quote:
Once the status on the passport portal shows as sent for police verification, wait for few days, and then directly go to the relevant police station along with your file number as well as address proof documents and 2 passport size photos in color. They will fish out the file for you, and you can get the police verification done at the spot. This is what i had done.
Thanks for that! Looks like I will do this only as unfortunately, I am having to shift house urgently and will not be even in this address in a few days.
Old 26th April 2012, 19:26   #715
BHPian

Quote:
4. Tax statement
Carry one photocopy of all these documents and sign on the them before you go there. Also, photocopy of 1st, last and ECNR page of your last passport are also required, to be signed by the applicant.

Quote:
Do we have to take the child too? My daughter is 10 month old and I am going to apply for her passport at Pune RPO.
You need to take a few passport photos of your daughter, eyes wide open and mouth not wide open on a (preferably) white background. This is the case for infants even at a PSK.
Old 27th April 2012, 02:22   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookey View Post
Hi friends,

I had submitted my application for a fresh passport (regular /non tatkal) on 16 jan 2012 at worli RPO. On 08 feb i was called to local police chowkie for verification and submitted all the documents required.
But as of today even after more than a month Passport status site shows " Police report has not been received" .
Any idea how long does it take to get a fresh passport in mumbai under normal ( non tatkal) procedure ? It's almost been 2 mnths since i applied.
Status finally changed to "police report is incomplete and the case is being examined" yesterday . Maybe i should have given my DNA sample to the police as well..
Old 27th April 2012, 08:01   #717
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookey View Post
I had submitted my application for a fresh passport (regular /non tatkal) on 16 jan 2012 at worli RPO. On 08 feb i was called to local police chowkie for verification and submitted all the documents required.
What documents you submitted to Police? Didn't PSK check all the documents?

I am still waiting for police to call me. Wonder how many months it will take.
Old 27th April 2012, 09:20   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
You need to take a few passport photos of your daughter, eyes wide open and mouth not wide open on a (preferably) white background. This is the case for infants even at a PSK.
Got recently a passport for our kid @21 days old, applied at Mangalore PSK (which incidentally comes under Bangalore PO). We did not have any photos with us, so they took a photo with a point & shoot digital camera. Used a few white A4 sheets to provide the required white background. They did enquire whether we had any photos with us, so you might want to take along a few. Plz make sure that both the ears are visible apart from the points skumare stated.

We received the passport within 3 working days. Though found that the PO officials were more accommodating than the TCS front desk. Had to fight to make the front desk agree to the documents we produced and had to answer some ridiculous questions. E.g.: where was the baby for the past 1 year and whats the document proof to support the same!?!!

Last edited by vinjosep : 27th April 2012 at 09:24.
Old 27th April 2012, 09:44   #719
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

4. Tax statement

I am taking along all these just cause I don't want them to dismiss any document for any reason. Hopefully these are fine. Do let me know if any change is required.
I just showed my wife's passport as address proof. The TCS guy at counter A wanted more, but I said this should be enough. Then he checked with the guy in the next cubicle and agreed for just one proof. In this case wife's passport should have your name.
Old 27th April 2012, 10:59   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I just showed my wife's passport as address proof. The TCS guy at counter A wanted more, but I said this should be enough. Then he checked with the guy in the next cubicle and agreed for just one proof. In this case wife's passport should have your name.
Thanks Samurai. But no wife, so this option is out

I am just hoping they don't reject all 5 address proofs that I give.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks