Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2012, 19:38   #661
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post

One more thing is that while re issuing a passport, they do check your old document submitted at the time of earlier passport issue and cross check them . Happened with a friend of mine in HYD and was asked to resubmit all his Docs again as they missed his docs submitted 10 years back .
(Slightly OT) Not only at the time of reissue but I was also asked questions about my engineering degree at the immigration counter before boarding a flight. The only way they could have access to that information is through the documents submitted for getting my passport.
Old 3rd April 2012, 19:50   #662
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by #win View Post
Samurai. The RPO will require only your old passport copy and not even the address proff in case there is no change in the address.
No, there is a change of address. I do need to give address proof.

Quote:
Incase your old Passport was issued at by same RPO and there is no change in address , no need to attach address / age proof .

One more thing is that while re issuing a passport, they do check your old document submitted at the time of earlier passport issue and cross check them . Happened with a friend of mine in HYD and was asked to resubmit all his Docs again as they missed his docs submitted 10 years back .
My last passport was issued in New York. So, I don't know how they can check those documents. Renewal in NY was a breeze. There was no appointment. I just applied as walk-in at 11AM in the morning, collected my new passport at 4PM same day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
(Slightly OT) Not only at the time of reissue but I was also asked questions about my engineering degree at the immigration counter before boarding a flight. The only way they could have access to that information is through the documents submitted for getting my passport.
Hmm, things have changed a lot in 10 years.
Old 3rd April 2012, 19:57   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
My last passport was issued in New York. So, I don't know how they can check those documents. Renewal in NY was a breeze. There was no appointment. I just applied as walk-in at 11AM in the morning, collected my new passport at 4PM same day.
By advice would be to treat it as if you are applying for a Fresh Passport & carry along all documents. As for Old documents goes, don 't under estimate them .IMO after taking over TCS has Digitized everything, So don;t be surprised if they are able to dig out your Old docs .

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 3rd April 2012 at 20:00.
Old 3rd April 2012, 20:09   #664
BHPian

Quote:
By advice would be to treat it as if you are applying for a Fresh Passport & carry along all documents. As for Old documents goes, don 't under estimate them .IMO after taking over TCS has Digitized everything, So don;t be surprised if they are able to dig out your Old docs .
Sushil, PSK are digitized most of the Passport services, however the Issues are only at counter's "B" and "C", where we have the Govt officials scrutinizing the application. End of the day these are typical Govt officials just waiting to make fuss of whatever small thing possible. Clearing counter "A" manned by TCS staff is breeze.
Old 3rd April 2012, 20:54   #665
BHPian

Not sure since i got my passport made some 1 year back but from what i know from news paper reports, Only TATKAL applications are being handled by govt officials. rest all is done by TCS Staff . Again i am talking about News papers published in Delhi .

PS : - govt staff is efficient as well but in patches though. For eg in Shimla RPO , i got wife's & son;s passport made in flat 20 days without any Tatkal & official there even advised me not go for tatkal since they were sure of Sending a new passport in 20-25 days. I heard, the officials usually create ruckus for children;s passport but in case, it was breeze. Where as I has to run from pillar to post in delhi for 2 months for a simple renewal .

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 3rd April 2012 at 20:55.
Old 3rd April 2012, 22:00   #666
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by #win View Post
Sushil, PSK are digitized most of the Passport services, however the Issues are only at counter's "B" and "C", where we have the Govt officials scrutinizing the application. End of the day these are typical Govt officials just waiting to make fuss of whatever small thing possible. Clearing counter "A" manned by TCS staff is breeze.
I agree with the above, based on my previous experience with the PSK in Bangalore for my passport reissue. However, it wasnt all that bad even at Counters B and C.

I am going there once again tomorrow for my daughter's passport application.
Old 4th April 2012, 23:56   #667
Team-BHP Support

Is there police verification in case of renewals if the address is changed? Please mention recent first hand experience.
Old 4th April 2012, 23:58   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Is there police verification in case of renewals if the address is changed? Please mention recent first hand experience.
Yes , there is a police Verification if there is a change in address . Happened with me as my original passport was issued in Bangalore and reissue happened in Delhi .
Old 5th April 2012, 00:43   #669
Senior - BHPian

There will be Police verification in case the original passport was issued in one city and the new passport is getting issued in another city.
Be prepared for "verification charges".
Old 5th April 2012, 10:43   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
There will be Police verification in case the original passport was issued in one city and the new passport is getting issued in another city.
Be prepared for "verification charges".
If address is not exactly same as in old passport, even within same city/area police verififcation will happen again.
Old 5th April 2012, 11:47   #671
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, there is police verification involved if there is an address change. In my case, this was as recent as last December when i had my passport renewed and address as well as spouse name was updated. I had applied under the normal mode. As the police were taking there own sweet time with the verification, i took the verification to them, as i had updated earlier on this thread.

That aside, i had been to the PSK yesterday to apply a passport for my daughter. The experience was quite good, except for the wait outside the PSK before you enter. Since this is an application for a minor, there is no police verification involved, and i look forward to receiving it soon.
Old 5th April 2012, 12:30   #672
Senior - BHPian

Just noticed my wife's passport has expired in February 2012. Went to (http://www.passportindia.gov.in) to check what all needs to be done. It asks for the following documents for submission
  1. Old Passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages
  2. Address proof
  3. Photographs
They accept BSNL bill as address proof? if yes the connection will this work (My passport has her name and her passport has my name)?

Another question, on the web site it says i can choose to apply online and apply in person. Which is better, if i apply in person it does not ask me to take an appointment (I see on previous pages folks have taken appointment)?

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 5th April 2012 at 12:33.
Old 5th April 2012, 12:43   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Just noticed my wife's passport has expired in February 2012. Went to (http://www.passportindia.gov.in) to check what all needs to be done. It asks for the following documents for submission
  1. Old Passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages
  2. Address proof
  3. Photographs
They accept BSNL bill as address proof? if yes the connection will this work (My passport has her name and her passport has my name)?

Another question, on the web site it says i can choose to apply online and apply in person. Which is better, if i apply in person it does not ask me to take an appointment (I see on previous pages folks have taken appointment)?
You can call their Toll Free customer care to know about the accepted documents. It is also operated by TCS and they respond well.

Even if you apply online, you need to visit in Person to submit the documents and to pay the fees. In any case, you will have to get the appointment. In my experience, booking an appointment with Passport Seva is a herculian task.
Old 5th April 2012, 13:14   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
  2. Address proof
  3. Photographs

Yes BSNL bill is accepted provided it is Landline. Also Your LPG connection bill is accepted as well. In my case they accepted my Airtel Landline bill as address proof.

I would advise you to apply online. The process has been simplified greatly. As you are in Bangalore, you can go to a PSK for renewal. Just take the appointment online. My experience was it was easy to get it on Saturday or Sunday evening (for coming Monday or Tuesday). Always try for the morning slots. You can be out of the PSK in an hour if all docs are in order! No need to miss office as well.
Old 11th April 2012, 10:27   #675
BHPian

Does the affidavit under annerxure L needs to be notarized for a tatkaal passport.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks