Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 17:28   #526
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
1. ......2. Normally, both passports should be of same address. But it all depends on the APO/RPO in seat.
Thank you mjothi. I need to renew my kid's passport when I'm back in India for a few weeks and no, my kid never travelled with me else cud have used the local idian embassy to renew the passport. And neither of us parents have the current Indian address in our passports. So how is this going to play out? any tips/ pointers?

Also the passports can't be collected in person from the Passport Office, can it? I guess they will be send to the address given?

OT/ rant: this is why i hate international assignments, such a pain & worth nothing.....!
Old 9th January 2012, 19:19   #527
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
After a wait for 4.5 months, filing innumerable grievances, paying some bribe and lot of pulling strings, my passport has arrived in Saturday the 7th Jan 2012!!

Now, I have to get my daughter's PP done. . .hopefully it will be smooth and fast.
Congrats! About time it happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Also the passports can't be collected in person from the Passport Office, can it? I guess they will be send to the address given?

OT/ rant: this is why i hate international assignments, such a pain & worth nothing.....!
The passport is always sent to the address mentioned as the address when applying. Why dont you try from our home town? It appears to me that you hail from Kerala, so in that case, the Cochin passport office is quite efficient, as someone had mentioned earlier on this thread.

OFFTOPIC : With regards to the latter part of your post, as they say the grass is always greener on the other side.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 04:14   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
The passport is always sent to the address mentioned as the address when applying. Why dont you try from our home town? It appears to me that you hail from Kerala, so in that case, the Cochin passport office is quite efficient, as someone had mentioned earlier on this thread.OFFTOPIC : With regards to the latter part of your post, as they say the grass is always greener on the other side.
Thank you.

You guessed partially right, my current base is in Bangalore. So kerala is out [long story short - I have graduated from national roaming to intnl ].

The problem remains that for renewal of the PP of a minor, the address proof has to be the PP of one of the parents (?). If this is true then either of us should change our passports to reflect an address which is valid only till we travel. And btw, all of us hold valid visas for our host country and our kid's PP (& visa) will expire before our anticipated travel date - which as of now is within the next 4 months. As per the earlier planned date we should have been out of india with about 8 months to spare before the renewal came up.

OT 1: Man proposes, God disposes....and we are happy with the result except for the PP blues

OT 2: "grass is...." its so true. And when its not the case my boss(es) somehow manages to make sure am back on the not-so-green side!

Last edited by vinjosep : 10th January 2012 at 04:17.
Old 10th January 2012, 07:20   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The problem remains that for renewal of the PP of a minor, the address proof has to be the PP of one of the parents (?).
Well that is not mandatory i think. you can use any other document for address proof like your gas connection, electicity bill in your name for past one year, bank statement for one year, telephone bill for one year etc.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 07:47   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Well that is not mandatory i think. you can use any other document for address proof like your gas connection, electicity bill in your name for past one year, bank statement for one year, telephone bill for one year etc.
Well well, 1 year is it? why is it that i have a feeling that all rules are made as if to keep me on tenderhooks?!!

Anyways, thanks amigos! A trip to the local A1/ RPO is on the anvil. Another "challenge" in the making...
Old 10th January 2012, 09:46   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you mjothi. I need to renew my kid's passport when I'm back in India for a few weeks and no, my kid never travelled with me else cud have used the local idian embassy to renew the passport. And neither of us parents have the current Indian address in our passports. So how is this going to play out? any tips/ pointers?
Not sure of this, but I would guess that you can use your parents as guardian to kid??

Where is your daughter currently staying and with whom? You can have them as guardian and provide the address proofs.

But copy of your passport is ofcourse must. May be you can explain them that you stay outside India, and will be taking your kid too once she gets the new one.

Good luck.

Quote:
Well well, 1 year is it? why is it that i have a feeling that all rules are made as if to keep me on tenderhooks?!!.
No, it can be less than 1 year too. Technically, if its less, then you need to provide the previous residential address proof also

Last edited by mjothi : 10th January 2012 at 09:48.
Old 10th January 2012, 10:45   #532
BHPian

I am getting this message for last couple of days, when I try to get into the passport website.

Tried on IE and Chrome browsers. Can anyone please confirm the website for taking an appointment and check if its working.

Passport Renewal Procedure-passport.jpg
Old 10th January 2012, 11:09   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_daytona View Post
I am getting this message for last couple of days, when I try to get into the passport website.

Tried on IE and Chrome browsers. Can anyone please confirm the website for taking an appointment and check if its working.

Attachment 868982
I read that they block some ip address from which many applications are submitted or something related to that. They do this to avoid the agent booking the appointment.

Try to either change your IP address or a different machine!
Old 10th January 2012, 11:30   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I read that they block some ip address from which many applications are submitted or something related to that. They do this to avoid the agent booking the appointment.

Try to either change your IP address or a different machine!
I have tried it from my office (both desktop and a laptop) and my home.

I have been getting the same response.
Old 10th January 2012, 16:25   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Congrats! About time it happened.
Yeah. God knows what I went through for this one! Lesson learned: Never try to change the address in your passport!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_daytona View Post
I have tried it from my office (both desktop and a laptop) and my home.

I have been getting the same response.
Try: https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in

Good luck!

Last edited by whitesquall : 10th January 2012 at 16:26.
whitesquall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 16:36   #536
BHPian

Does anybody know how much time it takes to have the PV file/details sent from Hyd-RPO to Hyd/Cyberabad commisionerates? I applied for renewal on Jan/02nd and not sure if the local PS will have my details by now. Thanks.
Old 10th January 2012, 21:11   #537
BHPian

Does anyone know the police station under whose limits the area at Kundalahalli Gate falls under? I knew that AEC Layout came under Mahadevpura police station limits and put that in the passport application as my home is in the lane adjacent to AECS Layout near Kundalahalli Gate.

What happens if the police station name mentioned in the passport application is wrong and the passport has been dispatched (post-verification)?
Old 10th January 2012, 22:52   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
What happens if the police station name mentioned in the passport application is wrong and the passport has been dispatched (post-verification)?
AFAIK, RPOs send the files to the SP/District HQ offices or the Commissioner's office (major cities) and then the files get picked up by the local police stations. This may be a paperless affair now. You may want to check with the ACP/DCP office under whose jurisdiction your address lies within.
Old 11th January 2012, 05:37   #539
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Does anybody know how much time it takes to have the PV file/details sent from Hyd-RPO to Hyd/Cyberabad commisionerates? I applied for renewal on Jan/02nd and not sure if the local PS will have my details by now. Thanks.
You can check the online status of your application, and if it mentions it has been dispatched to the commissioner's office, give it a week or 10 days time and then approach the police station to check for your file. This is the process i had followed.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 09:07   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Does anyone know the police station under whose limits the area at Kundalahalli Gate falls under? I knew that AEC Layout came under Mahadevpura police station limits and put that in the passport application as my home is in the lane adjacent to AECS Layout near Kundalahalli Gate.

Its Mahadevpura. I think you are filling the form offline. Right?

I remember seeing a drop down box that showed the post codes (pin codes) that falls in Mahadevpura police station. It includes Kundanahalli and Marathahalli too.

I don't think it will be an issue. The police commissioner office will know which station it has to be dispatched depending on the house address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
AFAIK, RPOs send the files to the SP/District HQ offices or the Commissioner's office (major cities) and then the files get picked up by the local police stations. This may be a paperless affair now. You may want to check with the ACP/DCP office under whose jurisdiction your address lies within.
Unfortunately, its still paper. So, the whole bottle-neck of this otherwise excellent system is this path.

Last edited by mjothi : 11th January 2012 at 09:09.
mjothi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed