Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2011, 11:58   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistwrist View Post
Thanks Joslicx,

Your guidnace is very useful. I will try to get a slot in the coming week.
Glad to be able to help.

By the way we got our daughter's passport delivered today morning! Applied on Tuesday and delivered on Friday! That is amazing really.

I dont understand why there are different rules at different passport offices regarding Tatkaal. I was able to apply under tatkaal for my passport renewal and also for the issuance of my daughter's passport (both times no extra documents were required!). But in Hyd as people here say, they are asking for a letter from an IAS. AFAIK earlier this was a requirement as the tatkaal paasport was issued only with one year validity and there was no PV. But that is not the case now (PV is done post issuance). Also are passport offices state govt office for this kind of rules? I thought they came under External Affairs ministry. Then why are the rules so different!!!

Last edited by joslicx : 23rd December 2011 at 12:00.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2011, 13:17   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
+1. I am also in the same boat since August!
Here is the update from my side. I had to finally do what I am very much against. Had to pull few strings at the commissioners office to find out the root cause of the delay. They had sent PV request to the old address police station only and had forgotten to send the PV request to the new address police station! Made them to send the file to the new address police station and promptly got a call from the police station yesterday. Today, I went to the PS and got the file cleared (albeit I had to pay Rs.400 as bribe against my wish). . .

Hopefully I will get my passport soon and end this agony! I have decided NEVER to change the address in future though the address is temporary.

The police guys at the station were laughing at my story. They were amused why I was changing from one temporary address to the other. I was never able to answer.

PS: BTW, the grievance mechanisms (both passport portal and the one mentioned by GTO http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...me-you-do.html) did not work in my case.
Old 25th December 2011, 14:52   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I dont understand why there are different rules at different passport offices regarding Tatkaal. I was able to apply under tatkaal for my passport renewal and also for the issuance of my daughter's passport (both times no extra documents were required!). But in Hyd as people here say, they are asking for a letter from an IAS. AFAIK earlier this was a requirement as the tatkaal paasport was issued only with one year validity and there was no PV. But that is not the case now (PV is done post issuance). Also are passport offices state govt office for this kind of rules? I thought they came under External Affairs ministry. Then why are the rules so different!!!
I guess the RPOs are empowered to set "extra" criteria as they deem fit. If they implement SLAs for police verification too, I guess 80% of the tatkal requests will anyways be submitted in normal mode.
Old 3rd January 2012, 13:11   #514
Team-BHP Support

I finally got my new passport last week. Not bad, IMO considering that this was applied under the normal quota towards the last week of November.
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:29   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I finally got my new passport last week. Not bad, IMO considering that this was applied under the normal quota towards the last week of November.
Congratulations @benbsb!! Pretty decent turn-around time considering you applied in the last week of November. I am still struggling with mine
Old 4th January 2012, 00:48   #516
BHPian

I am applying for a reissue of my passport due to a change in address. I have got the documents ready, but when I am filling out the form online, I run into issues with the address.

There is a character limit for the address field and an abbreviated form of my address only fits, where as my address proof has the full address. I would like to know if this will be an issue, when I go for my appointment.
Old 4th January 2012, 12:28   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
I am applying for a reissue of my passport due to a change in address. I have got the documents ready, but when I am filling out the form online, I run into issues with the address.

There is a character limit for the address field and an abbreviated form of my address only fits, where as my address proof has the full address. I would like to know if this will be an issue, when I go for my appointment.
Don't worry too much about it. When you go to the PSK, those guys will allow you to make the changes you need in your address.
Old 4th January 2012, 15:06   #518
BHPian

Quote:
By the way we got our daughter's passport delivered today morning! Applied on Tuesday and delivered on Friday! That is amazing really.
This is as per their SLA where PV is not required - i.e passport to be dispatched on 3rd working day excluding the day of submission. Obviously, they beat their SLA in your daughter's case.

Last edited by skumare : 4th January 2012 at 15:07. Reason: typo
Old 5th January 2012, 19:20   #519
BHPian

I am finding it real difficult to book a slot. Every single day I see "Maximum number of appointments exceeded for the day".
This is for a reissue. Is there preferred; get lucky time slot? 6pm the entire site crawls; and it refuses to even move to the next page.

Trying through the normal model (non tatkaal)

Any tips plz?

Last edited by Spinnerr : 5th January 2012 at 19:20. Reason: Spelling
Old 5th January 2012, 20:31   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
I am finding it real difficult to book a slot. Every single day I see "Maximum number of appointments exceeded for the day".
This is for a reissue. Is there preferred; get lucky time slot? 6pm the entire site crawls; and it refuses to even move to the next page.

Trying through the normal model (non tatkaal)

Any tips plz?
Try on a Sunday evening after 6pm. You will get a slot for coming tuesday. I got for my daughter just three weeks back. Tuesdays are bit less crowded also (superstitions maybe!!!) Try for Sai Arcade PSK. Its very nicely managed there. We were out in 1h15min flat in the morning when we went for our daughters application.

Also if you have sufficient documents, go for Tatkaal. You will get the passport same week! Let the PV take its own sweet time.

By the way I got call from Police Station today for the PV ( passport renewal case, got the call from police after 1 year and 4 months!!!). The surprising part was he asked me a suitable time for his visit!!! I offered to visit the Police Station but he insisted on home visit. got an appointment for that tomorrow evening!!! Its amazing really!
joslicx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 14:59   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Try on a Sunday evening after 6pm. You will get a slot for coming tuesday. I got for my daughter just three weeks back. Tuesdays are bit less crowded also (superstitions maybe!!!) Try for Sai Arcade PSK. Its very nicely managed there. We were out in 1h15min flat in the morning when we went for our daughters application.

Also if you have sufficient documents, go for Tatkaal. You will get the passport same week! Let the PV take its own sweet time.

By the way I got call from Police Station today for the PV ( passport renewal case, got the call from police after 1 year and 4 months!!!). The surprising part was he asked me a suitable time for his visit!!! I offered to visit the Police Station but he insisted on home visit. got an appointment for that tomorrow evening!!! Its amazing really!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Good.

I got an SMS yesterday around 10pm saying the passport is dispatched

Seems like the wait is over!
Passport seva is really fast once you get an appointment. As mentioned by Joslicx and Mjothi logging in at 6 pm works for getting the appointment.Thanks Joslicx and Mjothi. I got the appointment fixed for Tuesday and Saturday Passport was delivered under normal quota. The service at Sai Arcade is really fast within in an hour all verification work was complete.Hats off to TCS people in PSK providing excellent service. This thread really helps one to get passport reissued without any hassle.
Old 8th January 2012, 22:51   #522
BHPian

Quote:
By the way I got call from Police Station today for the PV ( passport renewal case, got the call from police after 1 year and 4 months!!!)
Hi Joslicx, which police station was this? I recently got my passport renewed and have got the passport but the verification is pending. I was wondering if it was the Mahadevpura police station.
Old 8th January 2012, 23:00   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Hi Joslicx, which police station was this? I recently got my passport renewed and have got the passport but the verification is pending. I was wondering if it was the Mahadevpura police station.
HAL Police Station.

The guy came yesterday morning. When the paperwork was over,he very sheepishly (almost apologetically) asked for "the fee". I asked how much. 500 it was! 500 it became!

In my case PV happened after almost 1.5 years!!! You have some time on your side
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 23:04   #524
BHPian

Quote:
In my case PV happened after almost 1.5 years!!! You have some time on your side
Thanks! I think I need to be proactive on my part and get this done ASAP ! I know that I will be shifting from this house in the first week of April!
Old 9th January 2012, 14:57   #525
BHPian

After a wait for 4.5 months, filing innumerable grievances, paying some bribe and lot of pulling strings, my passport has arrived in Saturday the 7th Jan 2012!!

Now, I have to get my daughter's PP done. . .hopefully it will be smooth and fast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks