Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2016, 17:58   #1996
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

The police visited us at home last wednesday, but the status at the www.passport.gov.in is still saying:
"Pending for physical police verification ....". Has this happened to anyone recently? I have read where instances of this has happened before the policy of 21 day turn around was initiated. But mostly people are getting it really quickly after the police visits them. Should I go to the police station or the Commisioner's office to follow up on the status?? Thanks.
Old 5th April 2016, 09:12   #1997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkuruvil View Post
The police visited us at home last wednesday, but the status at the www.passport.gov.in is still saying:
"Pending for physical police verification ....". Has this happened to anyone recently? I have read where instances of this has happened before the policy of 21 day turn around was initiated. But mostly people are getting it really quickly after the police visits them. Should I go to the police station or the Commisioner's office to follow up on the status?? Thanks.
After the Police verification, my mother's passport status on website did show "Pending for..." for a 2-3 days IIRC. Nothing to worry about. Do call the helpline number, they will be able to guide you. If the status does not change for a few more days, follow up might be required.
Old 5th April 2016, 15:17   #1998
BANNED

I have a quick question pls.

I have applied for Tatkal Re-issuance of passport as passport booklet have exhausted. There are zero changes in my passport and have applied under tatkal.

Now to my surprise, passport office has approved my Tatkal application subject to police verification. (Generally it is PV is not done in case of No changes - Reissuance)

Now my query is, since this is tatkal case

1. Will passport Delivery will be on HOLD till police verification happens? Few people told me that in case of tatkal , passport gets delivered and i need to go to police station at given date and time with relevent documents. Pls share your experience, especially in pune.
2. How exactly police verification happens now? My past experience is they call you to police station with relevent documents and charge some 300/- (No receipt)

I have also received SMS that passport has gone for printing.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Just read following on http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...ceVerification

There are two methods of PV

1. Pre PV - Passport is issued only after PV
2. Post PV - Passport is issued ahead of PV and PV is done at its own course.

Now this adds to onther query.

If Passport is issued and Post PV is still pending , Can i travel using this passport?

Last edited by idea : 5th April 2016 at 15:25.
Old 5th April 2016, 15:23   #1999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
1. Will passport Delivery will be on HOLD till police verification happens? Few people told me that in case of tatkal , passport gets delivered and i need to go to police station at given date and time with relevent documents. Pls share your experience, especially in pune.
2. How exactly police verification happens now? My past experience is they call you to police station with relevent documents and charge some 300/- (No receipt)

I have also received SMS that passport has gone for printing.

Thanks in advance.
1. What you've been told is correct; since you've got an SMS that PP has gone for printing, then it will be dispatched without waiting for completion of Police verification. However, PV will have to be done as part of the procedure, even if you've received the PP by then.

2. It's the same even now; you will get a call/SMS from the police station with date & time of visit and list of required documents.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 5th April 2016, 15:35   #2000
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
2. It's the same even now; you will get a call/SMS from the police station with date & time of visit and list of required documents.

Cheers,
Vikram
Appreciate your revert.

If Passport is issued and Post PV is still pending , Can i travel using this newly issued passport? Will this passport be valid?
Old 5th April 2016, 15:56   #2001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If Passport is issued and Post PV is still pending , Can i travel using this newly issued passport? Will this passport be valid?
That I don't know. However, what you can do is log a query using the link given below:

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...uestHomeAction

I had used this page when I had some questions related to my kid's and wife's PP application, and had got a call from the PP office within half an hour of submitting my query.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 5th April 2016 at 16:00.
Old 6th April 2016, 23:21   #2002
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone acquired a new passport after moving to a different state.? This information is required for an article. Please ping me with your contact details.

Waseem
Old 18th April 2016, 18:09   #2003
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for a bulk quote gents but need some first hand data points urgently. For my almost five year old son we applied for a renewal today (same address, no changes) in Gurgaon, and after cancellation of the old passport, we were informed that the passport can take upto ONE month for renewal / issue.

We are planning to head out in the first week of June, and this will be a significant spanner in the works, because other work deadlines have been shifted per our request. Now if I can't even apply for a visa till 18th May, leaving little time for processing, it may be a touch and go.

What has your experience been off late? If the process indeed takes so long, is there anyway we can go to the RPO (not PSK) and request for fast-tracking it by a week or two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Based
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Sorry for asking so many questions, thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
In continuation of my experiences posted from the Minors thread.
Quote:
I am looking for some help for passport renewal of my 6 year old Kid staying in pune.
Thanks for your help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I did the renewals recently (1.5 years back) for my daughter and a fresh passport for my son.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
I am applying for fresh passport for my daughter (11+ yrs old) and reissue passport for my wife (which has pre marriage name and address).
Old 19th April 2016, 07:28   #2004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

What has your experience been off late? If the process indeed takes so long, is there anyway we can go to the RPO (not PSK) and request for fast-tracking it by a week or two?

Phamilyman,

I missed the first appointment at PSK due to family emergency. I have no clue about one month block out.
Old 19th April 2016, 09:31   #2005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for a bulk quote gents but need some first hand data points urgently.
For a minor, police verification is not needed if either parent hold valid passport with spouse name endorsed in it. Also, there is no address change in this case. So, it should not take that long irrespective of whether it's a renewal or re-issue. I am assuming your son's case is a re-issue as you've written "after cancellation of old passport". Wait for 2-3 days; that is enough for the application status to change to "PP sent for printing". If it doesn't happen, then visit the RPO to speed things up.

You can also submit a query here: http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...uestHomeAction

At least I got a call after I used the above page, and the PSK representative answered all my queries satisfactorily.

EDIT: This is another thread on the specific topic: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...s-here-11.html

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 19th April 2016 at 09:38.
Old 19th April 2016, 11:59   #2006
BANNED

Quote:
Sorry for a bulk quote gents but need some first hand data points urgently. For my almost five year old son we applied for a renewal today (same address, no changes) in Gurgaon, and after cancellation of the old passport, we were informed that the passport can take upto ONE month for renewal / issue.
No it should not. As per my experience for my kid, police verification is not required for minor and as per your case there is not change in address
(I believe address in your passport is same as well).

Please check if there is a shortage in 'Blue Book', if that is the case, then leave everything on God, even PSK / RPO can not control the printing.

To beat the time, you can try out TATKAL route. Now a days, they are bit strict, but not so in case of a minor. For peace of mind, you can get one recommendation letter from any IAS or IPS officer from your state, if you can arrange one. Under TATKAL scheme, you should get it in 1 week, if not, then not more that 2.

Quote:
For me, I did my son's 1st passport from B'lore PSK through 'TATKAL'. Though they were rejecting the tatkal application from regular citizens who did not have the recommendation from any IAS /IPS officers, they have gladly accepted my son' application (Kid effect ). Passport sent for printing the same evening and I got that delivered in 1 week flat.

As 'comfortablynumb' suggested, please check with RPO, only after applying through PSK.

And yeah, don't forget to opt for the SMS service, it helps.
Old 19th April 2016, 12:21   #2007
BANNED

Quote:
Yes. Your passport is valid. You can travel with that passport.

Only issue would be, if the PV gets initiated while you are traveling. In that case, police will return the PV incomplete certificate back to RPO. After you are back, you can reapply to RPO to re initiate the PV. Just keep a note on the status.
Old 20th April 2016, 10:27   #2008
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Yes. Your passport is valid. You can travel with that passport.

Only issue would be, if the PV gets initiated while you are traveling. In that case, police will return the PV incomplete certificate back to RPO. After you are back, you can reapply to RPO to re initiate the PV. Just keep a note on the status.
Thanks for your input. You are right. I can travel and had to do same due to business requirement. However, could not find any references confirming the same anywhere on web. So till the time i could clear india immigration, i was bit tense.

Going forther, there will be reference for rest of members atleast. (Till PRO changes process)

However, before leaving country, i have taken care of my documentation and submitted same to local police station and also got my physical verification done to avoid any hassles in future. But remark is still not with PRO as per my last update. Seems process takes sometime.
Old 20th April 2016, 14:36   #2009
BHPian

After applying for the renewal, is police verification done even if the address is the same as the existing one? How long will it take to get the passport after the process of visiting the PSK is completed?

I have checked the document advisory and asked to carry "two self attested photocopies of old passport" when I visit PSK. Are there any other documents that I may have to carry?
Old 20th April 2016, 17:28   #2010
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
After applying for the renewal, is police verification done even if the address is the same as the existing one?
Yes and no. It depends on the person at the 'C' counter. If he feels, he can initiate police verification, even if it is said as not required in website.

So be nice to him.

Quote:
How long will it take to get the passport after the process of visiting the PSK is completed?
Once PSK work is done, your passport will go for printing. Once printing is done, it will take a week to reach you.
Now printing generally takes a day or two, provided the blank passport booklet is available with the RPO. Sometime it is out of stock, which will delay your passport delivery, especially if your RPO gets a lots of PP request. Demand and supply, known story.

Quote:
I have checked the document advisory and asked to carry "two self attested photocopies of old passport" when I visit PSK. Are there any other documents that I may have to carry?

Keep another address proof handy for in case. If you have a AADHAAR card, please take it along.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks