Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2015, 18:03   #1846
Team-BHP Support

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
Couple of things that you may want to keep in mind:
- they may want to see the originals of the bank statement as well as telephone bill (not a PDF print out or a web download statement) for verification.
- In the case of phone bill, you need to give 2 bills with the address - of which 1 is a year old. I presume you have taken care of these.
- the requirement is not IT returns, but IT assessment order. Important difference between the two.
- I have a Bank endorsed running statement for 3 years. Sufficient? I don't opt for paper copies for monthly bills/statements anymore (go green!).

- I'm going with IT Assessment (3 years), proof of gas connection (certificate plus two recent refill bills), bank statement (3 years running, endorsed by bank) plus company provided address proof letter. Getting Airtel to endorse anything is a pain. Enough redundancy with 4 proofs I hope.

- I presume you mean the final notification we get from CPC titled "Intimation u/s 143(1)" that has full assessment details? This is what I'll be using.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th May 2015 at 18:05.
Old 4th May 2015, 18:08   #1847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
- I have a Bank endorsed running statement for 3 years. Sufficient? I don't opt for paper copies for monthly bills/statements anymore (go green!).

- I'm going with IT Assessment (3 years), proof of gas connection (certificate plus two recent refill bills), bank statement (3 years running, endorsed by bank) plus company provided address proof letter. Getting Airtel to endorse anything is a pain. Enough redundancy with 4 proofs I hope.

- I presume you mean the final notification we get from CPC titled "Intimation u/s 143(1)" that has full assessment details? This is what I'll be using.
I think you will be fine. You are right on the assessment order.
Old 5th May 2015, 00:20   #1848
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

For my Wife's fresh passport, for address proof, I am planning to use my passport(her name as spouse is added) and Adhaar Card(updated with my home address). This must suffice right?

Her application was rejected in C counter as her only address proof was Spouse Passport. The official wanted another proof, which she didn't have. Hence I updated her Adhaar to my address.
Old 5th May 2015, 07:22   #1849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
For my Wife's fresh passport, for address proof, I am planning to use my passport(her name as spouse is added) and Adhaar Card(updated with my home address). This must suffice right?

Her application was rejected in C counter as her only address proof was Spouse Passport. The official wanted another proof, which she didn't have. Hence I updated her Adhaar to my address.
To be safe, please also take the Original and photocopy of your marriage certificate, and Name change affidavit for wife (if changed post marraige).
Old 5th May 2015, 08:53   #1850
BHPian

Quote:

Karthik, please check of the Aadhar card has been issued more than a year back, as the PO had such a requirement mentioned on their website, a few months back.
Old 5th May 2015, 09:40   #1851
BHPian

Quote:
If she has a nationalized bank account, the passbook for that account with address updated should suffice. Ensure than transactions are updated for more than a year.

As for Aadhar, I think they look at date of issue too.
Old 5th May 2015, 10:16   #1852
BHPian

Can anyone brief the procedure for applying for a passport for a year old kid?
Old 5th May 2015, 12:33   #1853
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordDodo View Post
Can anyone brief the procedure for applying for a passport for a year old kid?
Please refer this thread. You will find whatever info you are looking for!
Old 5th May 2015, 17:19   #1854
Team-BHP Support

The 'pay & schedule appointment' option doesn't seem to work very well. I tried multiple times over different connections, can't get any further than the 'payment type' page. Just times out.

Edit: Never mind. SBI online banking works, and I maintain an account with them just for such purposes

Leaves me with one last query:

Does PSK restrict what I can carry inside? Bags, cellphone, wallet, water bottle? I'll be going solo for my appointment, so better to leave banned stuff at home than struggle there.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th May 2015 at 17:43.
Old 6th May 2015, 15:55   #1855
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried changing place of birth on the passports to correspond with Birth Certificate? My in law had an issue when her place of district was changed in the passport. The officier refused to change without court order. Is that the norm?
Old 6th May 2015, 16:15   #1856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Has anyone tried changing place of birth on the passports to correspond with Birth Certificate? My in law had an issue when her place of district was changed in the passport. The officier refused to change without court order. Is that the norm?
For my wife, we had changed the place of birth to correspond to the one given in birth certificate. They did not ask for any document other than the birth certificate itself. It was endorsed in the passport, which goes like "henceforth, the place of birth shall be read as xxxxx". Now, she has renewed her passport and the endorsement is reflected in the place of birth. The endorsement was done in Kerala and the renewal was done in Bangalore.
Old 6th May 2015, 16:56   #1857
Senior - BHPian

Just got my new passport. One hiccup, while my wife still uses her maiden name, in my passport it reflects as my surname. An error ofcourse.

Unsure of the repercussions. Anyone know about this?
Old 6th May 2015, 16:56   #1858
Team-BHP Support

Done with the appointment today at PSK Lalbagh. The staff tries hard, but the place is too chaotic, esp. the B & C counters area.

The entry process also needs to be managed better, esp. the announcements. The Tatkal queues/counters aren't segregated well, and it's easy to get lost or stand waiting in the wrong queue, only to miss your turn (I almost did).

Anyway, in & out in a little over 3.5 hours and already got a 'printing initiated' notification via SMS.
Old 7th May 2015, 10:06   #1859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post

No repercussions should be anticipated.

Waseem.....
Old 8th May 2015, 12:41   #1860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Just got my new passport. One hiccup, while my wife still uses her maiden name, in my passport it reflects as my surname. An error ofcourse.

You will have problem because your marriage certificate shows x name , your passport shows y name .
Better get it corrected to the name she uses else will be problems in granting dependent visa as well.
Reason I am stating is as I saw this live when I went to psk for some work and the authority was questioning the same to female over the same issue

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks