Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2015, 10:34   #1771
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurminder_81 View Post
I doubt whether you will be able to go directly to Counter C. The reason for that is whatever new document proof you are going to submit, you will have to get it scanned and uploaded with your online application: which is done at counter A. Then, you might have to go again to counter B to get your newly attached document verified with originals.

I visited the same PSK yesterday, and while at counter B, the govt official asked me to produce originals of the postpaid mobile phone bill: which I obviously did not had, because being a good citizen, I tried to save trees/papers and opted for eBill only so, my address proof was rejected though I had carried last 12 months of bills. Fortunately, I was also carrying the gas receipt bills with me, and the person at counter B redirected me again to go to counter A, get the new proof scanned and uploaded in the system and come back again to him. I was back to him in 20 mins time and I was moved to counter C, where the application was accepted successfully without any questions being asked.

Please make sure that you are carrying the original postpaid mobile bills as well, and if you do not have them, please get the photocopied bills stamped from your service provider. For me it was Airtel.

Also, if someone is carrying the rental agreement as address proof, make sure that it is duly signed by a notary/magistrate, otherwise that might also get rejected. My colleague faced the same issue at Sai Arcade PSK in B'lore.

Good Luck!!
Thanks man for the tip !!
I remember the officer at Counter C asking for company seal on e-bill.
My landline provider is Airtel too. I had visited their office a week back and they asked me to bring all the ebills printed and they would put their stamp/seal and signature.

The gas connection is in my wife's name. I have provided marriage certificate. Will the gas bill then hold good as an address proof for me also ?
Old 30th January 2015, 10:52   #1772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
The gas connection is in my wife's name. I have provided marriage certificate. Will the gas bill then hold good as an address proof for me also ?
No, it will not. My wife's passport application was put on hold yesterday for the same reason. I, too, had provided the marriage certificate and the gas bills (on my name) and the mobile postpaid bills(on my name). The officer said, these cannot be considered for your wife's passport.

I will be providing a joint bank account statement and my own passport copy as proof of address for my wife's passport. that will suffice.

It is better that you make a call to 1800-258-1800 (Toll Free) and ask the guys about exact document set needed. When I spoke to them about my wife's address proof, they had already warned me that PSK may not accept documents(on my name) for my wife's address proof.
Old 3rd February 2015, 15:08   #1773
BANNED

I got my passport in 1999, with a validity of 20 years. This is a hand written PP and not machine readable. All non-machine readable PP's have to be replaced before 24th November 2015 based on some international convention order. So, with this in mind, i went online, submitted my application and also got an appointment for 24th of this month. The questions I have are,

1. Will my old passport be taken and issued along with the new one? The old one has my Visa and I have a travel in March. If it will not be handed over to me immediately, how long will it take? Can I make a special request?
2. Will a police verification be done for this? I am adding my wife's name, address is changed but within the same city
3. Do I have to carry any photographs?
4. I am keeping my wife's original name as is, and not changing it post marriage. This is how it is in the marriage certificate too. She will not be applying for a passport anytime soon either.
5. What documents do I have to carry? Marriage certificate, 10th Marks card, BSNL telephone bill (One bill of Feb/March 2014 and one current month bill), PAN CARD.
Anything else I missed?

Last edited by ILTDrive : 3rd February 2015 at 15:11.
Old 3rd February 2015, 15:39   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
I got my passport in 1999, with a validity of 20 years. This is a hand written PP and not machine readable. All non-machine readable PP's have to be replaced before 24th November 2015 based on some international convention order. So, with this in mind, i went online, submitted my application and also got an appointment for 24th of this month. The questions I have are,

1. Will my old passport be taken and issued along with the new one? The old one has my Visa and I have a travel in March. If it will not be handed over to me immediately, how long will it take? Can I make a special request?
2. Will a police verification be done for this? I am adding my wife's name, address is changed but within the same city
4. I am keeping my wife's original name as is, and not changing it post marriage. This is how it is in the marriage certificate too. She will not be applying for a passport anytime soon either.
5. What documents do I have to carry? Marriage certificate, 10th Marks card, BSNL telephone bill (One bill of Feb/March 2014 and one current month bill), PAN CARD.
Anything else I missed?
1. Your passport will not be taken, they will stamp it validity expired and return it at the counter itself (and retain a photocopy). Tell them that you have valid visa in the old passport.
2. Not predictable. If you have sufficient proof, they may not do it. But it is sometimes up to the officer at the counter.
3. Not necessary, photograph is taken at venue with a webcam.
4. That's fine.
5. PLEASE go through the document advisor on the passport website. It will tell you whatever you need. If you have Aadhar card more than 1 year old, you can take that (take the full communication including the top part of the communication from the UIDAI).

All the best.
Old 3rd February 2015, 16:29   #1775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Anything else I missed?
1, Your old PP will be cancelled and will be returned at PSK.Your visa will still be valid.When you travel in March, please carry both your PP as your new PP will have details of your old pp in the last page.

2, Photographs are not required

3, For addition of spouse name, marriage certificate is enough.

4, For address proof, you can carry any two of these docs Aadhar (issued one year before the date of application,Employers certificate,BSNL Bill,bank statements of last one year+pass book with pic.

5,Pan card &10th marks card is not required.(I hope you have ECNR status already in your pp)

Waseem.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 3rd February 2015 at 16:31.
Old 3rd February 2015, 16:40   #1776
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
1, Your old PP will be cancelled and will be returned at PSK.Your visa will still be valid.When you travel in March, please carry both your PP as your new PP will have details of your old pp in the last page.

2, Photographs are not required

3, For addition of spouse name, marriage certificate is enough.

4, For address proof, you can carry any two of these docs Aadhar (issued one year before the date of application,Employers certificate,BSNL Bill,bank statements of last one year+pass book with pic.

5,Pan card &10th marks card is not required.(I hope you have ECNR status already in your pp)

Waseem.
Thanks Waseem.

I do have a ECNR status on the old one, however I intend to carry it just in case they ask for it again.

If the old passport is cancelled, then I will not be able to travel unless I get the new passport before my travel. How do I ensure that I get the new one early?
Old 3rd February 2015, 16:57   #1777
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

If the old passport is cancelled, then I will not be able to travel unless I get the new passport before my travel. How do I ensure that I get the new one early?
Which PSK is your appointment at? In any case, at least in the recent past in Bangalore the process is quite fast, Last October, for my wife, we got the passport 6th day after the appointment day after police verification.

If you have applied via Tatkal, you should get it in 2-3 days as the Police Verification will be post issuance. If in normal quota, there is no way to speed up the process.
Old 3rd February 2015, 20:30   #1778
BHPian

Quote:

Anything else I missed?

Even I have the same case and I am flying in May . If your travel in March abroad is long term then i will recommend do it from there .
The process is simple and your new passport will be reddy within 7-10 days
Old 4th February 2015, 19:43   #1779
BHPian

My passport appointment was today.
PSK Tolichowki, Hyderabad
Duration: 4 hrs
Issues:

I had omitted the house number from address in my passport application. So, in counter B, the gentleman compared my Aadhar card with passport application address and said it is not the same. I explained that the house number was not needed because we generally use flat number which I had mentioned in the application anyway.
He concurred; but in counter C when I gave the same explanation, the guy was less impressed. He made me go to counter A again, to edit details and sign a new copy of application. Had to go through B and C again.

Anyway, it was not that bad; my token number was bumped up over the waiting ones because I was returning from A. There were actually many who were sent back to A. There was one guy who was sent back because his photo was not clear

All in all, a tiring day.
Old 5th February 2015, 07:37   #1780
BHPian

I have finally fixed an appointment for next monday for my re-issue. What are all the docs which we need to take with us.
1. Address proof - Aadhar card original and 2 self attested xerox copies
2. Adding spouse name - Marriage certificate original and 2 self attested xerox copies
3. Appointment receipt
4. Application form
5. Old passport original with xerox copies of front, back, ECNR and observation page

Am I missing something?
Old 5th February 2015, 10:08   #1781
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I have finally fixed an appointment for next monday for my re-issue. What are all the docs which we need to take with us.
1. Address proof - Aadhar card original and 2 self attested xerox copies
2. Adding spouse name - Marriage certificate original and 2 self attested xerox copies
3. Appointment receipt
4. Application form
5. Old passport original with xerox copies of front, back, ECNR and observation page

Am I missing something?
Any address change involved? Dont forget to carry address proof as per the documents mentioned in the list on the website.

Also, dont forget your 10th std certificate for ECNR purposes. Trust me, they can be highly irrational at times.
Old 5th February 2015, 10:23   #1782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncNest View Post
My passport appointment was today.
PSK Tolichowki, Hyderabad
Duration: 4 hrs
He concurred; but in counter C when I gave the same explanation, the guy was less impressed. He made me go to counter A again, to edit details and sign a new copy of application. Had to go through B and C again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Trust me, they can be highly irrational at times.
It is exactly this thing that bothers me. Why should any process be person dependent ie dependent on the person in charge ? One guy says its ok and another says not ok for the same issue.

Anyway, that aside, the passport procedure has indeed become very smooth, thanks to the online application and management by TCS. Spanky and clean interiors and (generally) well mannered officials on the desks and quick processing means that obtaining a passport is generally a good experience.
Old 5th February 2015, 21:51   #1783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Any address change involved? Dont forget to carry address proof as per the documents mentioned in the list on the website.

Also, dont forget your 10th std certificate for ECNR purposes. Trust me, they can be highly irrational at times.
Yes. This is a Chennai passport, so address change is required. I am carrying the Aadhar as proof. Thanks on the 10th std certificate, i will carry them.

I am not sure who designed the online application form. The address field doesnt accept more characters and i had to shorten so as to satisfy validations. I am sure the officials would create a ruckus on this. Any one faced this problem?
Old 5th February 2015, 22:21   #1784
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
Even I have the same case and I am flying in May . If your travel in March abroad is long term then i will recommend do it from there .
The process is simple and your new passport will be reddy within 7-10 days
Mine will be a short term business travel for 2 weeks at the max.
Old 5th February 2015, 23:05   #1785
BHPian

I had submitted my documents at the PSK successfully on Saturday and received a message that my application has been sent to the Police Station for verification. I have not received any communication from the Police regarding this.

I would like to know if I could walk into the Police station and ask them to verify my details.

Most Viewed