Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2011, 16:16   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Thanks rk i guess these are for tatkal slots. I want to take normal slots and there are no slots. Do you mean I should try tomorrow morning to check the slots
yes, please try tomorrow morning. Slots open for both normal and tatkal.
Old 24th May 2011, 10:10   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS-II View Post
Guys,

I have successfully submitted all the documents required for passport reissue. I managed to get an appointment for today at 10.30am at the Lalbagh office here in bangalore after a good lot "struggle" with the passport portal, managed to get this appointment in Tatkal.

I submitted the follwing documents for re-issue
  1. Old passport - copies of first two and last two pages
  2. Proof of address - bank statement; covering letter from the manager providing the address and an year's statement
  3. Affidavit(Annex D) in lieu of marriage certificate.
  4. Non-ECR proof - Degree certificate
  5. 10th marks card - photo copy
Didnt you need the annexure I & F/three adress proofs?
Old 24th May 2011, 10:56   #273
Senior - BHPian

Folks,
Here is an update on my passport re-issue that I had applied for on April 23rd. I got a call on Saturday evening (May 21st) from a cop saying that he'd be visiting the following day, and that I needed to give him the following:-
  1. Xerox of all pages of the current passport, with my signature on all pages of the photostat.
  2. 2 photos
  3. Address proof.
I wonder what happened to the copies I'd given earlier with the application.

He came the follwing day and collected all that he'd wanted, and also took signatures of 2 of my neighbours.

As he was looking expectantly at me before leaving, I gave him a small 'gift' to make up for his fuel charges and for roaming around in the sweltering weather. I was aware that maximum delays occur for want of police clearance, so I had to depart from my ethical stand in self-interest. .
At least I am happy that the cop came within a month of my application, but let me see how long it takes to get the renewed passport. The Times of India, Hyderabad has daily horror stories to report from passport applicants.
Old 24th May 2011, 11:15   #274
BHPian

Guys,
I would like to apply for a passport for my minor son. My passport has my wifes name endorsed, but thats issued from Cochin, and I now stay in Bangalore.
My wifes passport has the address of her aunt's house (Where she used to stay earlier) in Bangalore
Now what all documents would I need for applying for a passport?
Can we show our address as the one on my wifes passport?
Do we need to show any other proof of address?
And is that a requirement that all the documents need to be attested by a Govt. official?
Old 24th May 2011, 12:13   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljai View Post
Guys,
I would like to apply for a passport for my minor son. My passport has my wifes name endorsed, but thats issued from Cochin, and I now stay in Bangalore.
My wifes passport has the address of her aunt's house (Where she used to stay earlier) in Bangalore
Now what all documents would I need for applying for a passport?
Can we show our address as the one on my wifes passport?
Do we need to show any other proof of address?
And is that a requirement that all the documents need to be attested by a Govt. official?
You cannot show your wife's passport as address proof. You shall need an address proof document showing you that you stayed at your current place for last 1 year. In my case, BSNL bills helped me.

Self attestation by parents is enough in minor's case.

Highlighted portion makes it very easy.

Parents passport copies, 2 nos copies
Address proof : 2 nos copies
Receipt of online appointment time
Birth certificate of minor : 2 copies
Copies of previous passport of minor if any.

Finger prints will be taken at PSK

Last edited by lambuhere1 : 24th May 2011 at 12:16. Reason: More information added
Old 24th May 2011, 12:19   #276
Senior - BHPian

When applying for Minor passport, both the parents passport should be produced [if both hold a passport]

So, I would advise you to first get the address change for both your passport. I am sure you can apply all the 3 [2 address changes + your minors passport] together.

Now-a-days, a self attested xerox is more than enough. Gone are the days where we get the gazetted officers signs.
Old 24th May 2011, 15:42   #277
BHPian

Forgot to add : Annexure H : Signed by both the parents !

My mistake though ~!!!
Old 24th May 2011, 18:02   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
You cannot show your wife's passport as address proof. You shall need an address proof document showing you that you stayed at your current place for last 1 year. In my case, BSNL bills helped me.

Self attestation by parents is enough in minor's case.

Highlighted portion makes it very easy.

Parents passport copies, 2 nos copies
Address proof : 2 nos copies
Receipt of online appointment time
Birth certificate of minor : 2 copies
Copies of previous passport of minor if any.

Finger prints will be taken at PSK
Address proof : 2 nos copies --> If there is a change in address from your passport, get proof for 1year continous stay at the current location.

Finger print will be taken only if the minor is more that 4years old.

For all proof, one copy is enough

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 25th May 2011, 09:45   #279
BHPian

Quick question,can we apply for passport renewal before it is expiring,say 2-3 months before? Or do we have to wait till it expires?
Old 25th May 2011, 09:58   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Quick question,can we apply for passport renewal before it is expiring,say 2-3 months before? Or do we have to wait till it expires?
You can apply for renewal any time (usually one year before and upto five years after expiry). The only problem is that the moment you apply for renewal, your old passport gets canceled, and you are left without a passport till the new one arrives. As normally the renewal process takes any where between one and two months, you select a period when you will not need it for three months and give it for renewal, else if you are in a hurry you go for Tatkal.

Please note that some countries can refuse Visa if the passport has less than six months of validity left.
Old 25th May 2011, 11:16   #281
BHPian

Thanks Aroy for the information
Old 25th May 2011, 11:39   #282
BHPian

My passport is due to expire in Jan 2012. It was issued in Delhi and its been only 2 months since I moved to Mysore from Delhi. Mysore doesn't have a passport office so one needs to go to either Bangalore, Hubli or managalore to submit their passport application form. I spoke to an agent here and he told me you can't apply for a passport here as you have not been residing in your present address for more than an year and if you want to make your passport in Mysore (from either of the three cities mentioned earlier) then you have to forge your docs to show that you are living here for more than one year. The problem is I don't want to take illegal route as it can lead to unnecessary complications later on.

Pls. suggest me whether I am eligible to apply for a re-issue of passport here if I provide all original information along with my Delhi address that I suppose my verification will go to before dispatching the passport. I don't want to waste my time and money in going to another city and coming back without any positive outcome. Call centre is useless as what they say differs from what is written on the website and also from each other (executive to executive). I will be taking normal route as I don't know anybody in Mysore who can vouch for me (provide annexures and all).
Old 25th May 2011, 11:50   #283
Team-BHP Support

Without any proof of address of having been in Mysore for a year, it would not be possible for you to apply for a reissue from here.
It would make better sense if you would apply from your Delhi address.
Old 25th May 2011, 16:36   #284
BHPian

My passport is getting expired in Dec 2011. I need to take B1 visa before 6 months of expiry (before end of June) or apply for passport renewal and apply visa on the new passport.

My question is that if I apply for B1 now, will they give a minimum 2 years of B1 visa for multiple visit, or will it be till the current passport expires.

Which would be the best option, as I need to travel very soon.
Old 25th May 2011, 17:20   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
Does anyone know the time taken in Bangalore for passport dispatch (Normal application) after police verification is done?

My appointment was on 25-Apr-2011 and my police verification report reached them around approx 6-May-2011 and since then the status says:

"You would receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched."
Got my passport today! Exactly one month after my appointment date and approximately 20 days after my status changed to:

"You would receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched."

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks