Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 10:17   #256
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)
Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

i was told the same by the call centre. but I chose not to cancel my existing appointment by normal mode in favour of tatkaal.
tatkaal is very hit or miss at the moment and even for a normal appointment one has to wait for 50 odd days for a slot to be available. since 26th is only a week away, it is worth waiting and going the normal route instead of trying tatkaal at this late stage.
remember you cannot book tatkaal without cancelling the normal appointment - with tatkaal being so vague, if I were you I wouldnt want to lose my normal slot on the extreme off chance of getting the tatkaal one.
cheerio

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
Guys,

I have booked an appointment at Bangalore PSK under 'Normal mode' for 26th May.

But, I may have to leave for France next month and need to apply for business visa.

So -
1) Can / how do I change my current application or appointment to Tatkal mode?
2) 'Call center person' told me to cancel the current appointment & schedule new for tatkal (I dont want to cancel the existing one)
3) On 26th May (My current appointment), can I request them to consider it for tatkal (if I take all required documents as well)?
Old 19th May 2011, 11:26   #257
BHPian

Well I am done with the passport work today
It was quite smooth and I went at 8:30 AM in the morning and was out at 9:50 AM
For minors the documents which I mentioned in earlier post is sufficient. Take originals with you along with photostat copy. In case you miss any photocopy you can get the same xeroxed in the premises itself.
It was quite clean with 100% AC with tea/coffee/water facility available inside along with baby care room
Folks any question please ask me
Old 19th May 2011, 11:48   #258
Team-BHP Support

@Aka_iitd : Thanks for the update. I assume that in your case, your wife already had her name endorsed in your passport.

If this has not already been done, can i get my wife's name endorsed on my passport along with change in address particulars and apply a passport for my daughter in the same application?
Old 19th May 2011, 12:13   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Well I am done with the passport work today
It was quite smooth and I went at 8:30 AM in the morning and was out at 9:50 AM
You were quite lucky..!! On 16th May'11, I was there at PSK, outerring road for my passport renewal and Kid's fresh Passport. I went in by 11:30am and came out by 5:15pm without lunch even for my 4yr and 2yr kids.!!

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 19th May 2011, 12:38   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@Aka_iitd : Thanks for the update. I assume that in your case, your wife already had her name endorsed in your passport.
If this has not already been done, can i get my wife's name endorsed on my passport along with change in address particulars and apply a passport for my daughter in the same application?
Ben as per my understanding goes better apply for spouse name endrosed for both yourself and wife. This may take around 30 to 45 days to get new passport for both of you as it requires police verification etc. Once this is done getting passport for minor is very easy in terms of documentation/time/process as I got the passport for my elder kid in 10 days. As you are getting the address changed so for minor you just need to gibe DOB certificate and passport copy of yours and your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
You were quite lucky..!! On 16th May'11, I was there at PSK, outerring road for my passport renewal and Kid's fresh Passport. I went in by 11:30am and came out by 5:15pm without lunch even for my 4yr and 2yr kids.!!
Thanks
Rajesh
May be. Thanks to HIM and my kid STARS In my opinion better to take appointment in the morning hrs best is 9:00 AM slot as no back logs are there to clear. Reach passport office by 8:20 AM so that you can go inside ASAP 11:30 means 5 slots were already there before you so that it created a backlog !!
Old 19th May 2011, 13:44   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
tatkaal is very hit or miss at the moment and even for a normal appointment one has to wait for 50 odd days for a slot to be available. since 26th is only a week away, it is worth waiting and going the normal route instead of trying tatkaal at this late stage.
remember you cannot book tatkaal without cancelling the normal appointment - with tatkaal being so vague, if I were you I wouldnt want to lose my normal slot on the extreme off chance of getting the tatkaal one.
cheerio
Slots are available every day for the next day. You need to login at 8 am to get it. It gets over by 15-20 mins.

Second, upload one more application(xml format) and you will be able to take one more appointment and once you get that, you can cancel the first appointment.

FYI,
Today, my friend booked two slots for tomorrow, one for his wife's passport and other for his kid.

Last edited by rk_sans : 19th May 2011 at 13:46.
Old 19th May 2011, 13:45   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
neo
i will probably meet you as my wifes and my appointment is also on 26th may. at the outer ring road PSK at 0930.
Shankar, see you there for sure.
I am not cancelling my appointment.

@ rk sans: I exactly did the same thing, filled one more form online for tatkal, but I don't want to cancel my current appointment and try booking for tatkal (as people have experienced - its difficult to get one).

What I will try is 'to request & use same appointment for tatkal'.
Lets see, will update you guys.
Old 19th May 2011, 13:49   #263
BHPian

@ rk sans:

I tried this option, (even with different Login's).
System automatically detects 'same passport number & same name' (atleast for renewal) and hence does not allow you to book any other appointment.

You have to cancel one and then apply for another.

Last edited by neo45007 : 19th May 2011 at 13:51.
Old 19th May 2011, 18:48   #264
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

ive done all that you've suggested even to the extent of logging on from 2 different computers so as not to miss the availability.
fact is that for me it did not work in practice so I ve decided to go the normal route - like neo i will also try and request for tatkaal when i reach the counter as per my scheduled normal appointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Slots are available every day for the next day. You need to login at 8 am to get it. It gets over by 15-20 mins.

Second, upload one more application(xml format) and you will be able to take one more appointment and once you get that, you can cancel the first appointment.

FYI,
Today, my friend booked two slots for tomorrow, one for his wife's passport and other for his kid.
Old 20th May 2011, 12:56   #265
BHPian

For tatkal :-

Option 1 : Get Anex I & Anex F done (Affidavits)
Option 2 : Only Get Anex I and any of 3 docs from 14 listed on website.

Which one is preferred ?

Getting Anex F done is difficult for me, any suggestions ?
Does 'option 2' work fine at Bangalore PSK ?

Last edited by neo45007 : 20th May 2011 at 13:01.
Old 20th May 2011, 14:09   #266
BHPian

I was trying to apply today for passport renewal for my wife and I discovered there are no slots available for next two months
Did anyone checked this or faced the issue. I called them us they said keep trying :(
Old 20th May 2011, 14:22   #267
Senior - BHPian

how is the condition in delhi now a days, my passport expired last month, I need to get it renewed urgently as I might be traveling in June.

But I do not see any option of Tatkal in online form?
Old 20th May 2011, 14:33   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I was trying to apply today for passport renewal for my wife and I discovered there are no slots available for next two months
Did anyone checked this or faced the issue. I called them us they said keep trying :(
I did post about the process to get the appointment few posts before. Check it.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2357712
Old 20th May 2011, 14:38   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
I did post about the process to get the appointment few posts before. Check it.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2357712
Thanks rk i guess these are for tatkal slots. I want to take normal slots and there are no slots. Do you mean I should try tomorrow morning to check the slots
Old 20th May 2011, 14:42   #270
BHPian

Does anyone know the time taken in Bangalore for passport dispatch (Normal application) after police verification is done?

My appointment was on 25-Apr-2011 and my police verification report reached them around approx 6-May-2011 and since then the status says:

"You would receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched."

Most Viewed