Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2011, 16:02   #241
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
Thanks a lot!

I did the renewal yesterday, and as you rightly said, they didn't bother about my last name initial not expanded in my documents.

The officer also edited my address, to reflect more or less the full one, without truncating anything.
That's great buddy. Happy to help.
Old 3rd May 2011, 16:07   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkanchan View Post
On the website, a list of personnel is given, from whom the verification certificate can be signed. Are you sure the passport office will accept the verification certificate signed by notary?
If you look at this link Tatkaal Scheme, there are 2 options for Tatkaal scheme. I went for plan B with a letter from the notary. It worked for me. I renewed my passport last month in this way.
999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2011, 09:35   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
If you look at this link Tatkaal Scheme, there are 2 options for Tatkaal scheme. I went for plan B with a letter from the notary. It worked for me. I renewed my passport last month in this way.
thanks a lots, I had misread the Plan B, thanks for bringing it to my notice
Old 4th May 2011, 11:48   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkanchan View Post
thanks a lots, I had misread the Plan B, thanks for bringing it to my notice
No worries mate, always happy help a Bhpian.
Old 12th May 2011, 17:15   #245
BHPian

Guys,

I have booked an appointment at Bangalore PSK under 'Normal mode' for 26th May.

But, I may have to leave for France next month and need to apply for business visa.

So -
1) Can / how do I change my current application or appointment to Tatkal mode?
2) 'Call center person' told me to cancel the current appointment & schedule new for tatkal (I dont want to cancel the existing one)
3) On 26th May (My current appointment), can I request them to consider it for tatkal (if I take all required documents as well)?
Old 13th May 2011, 17:27   #246
BHPian

I have applied the passport for my son who is 11 months old
I have taken the date and it is 19th May 2011
I have filled all the information in the online applicaiton
Folks i have a question

Do I still need to fill the normal applicaiton form or now it is not needed as I filled online
Please help

Documents which i am carrying are
1. Photo of the minor
2. Address proof of mine
3. DOB certificate
4. Parents passport with spouse name endorsed
5. Annexure H
Am i missing any documents
Old 16th May 2011, 09:28   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Believe you covered it all. Photos as per the prescribed dimensions and color, Address proof of yours latest as well as the same for the last year, Birth certificate of minor. If both parents have passports, copies of the same [ not sure why they want of both parents ], Annexure H.

Confirm if all the photocopies needs to be ratified by both the parents. One of my friend did it that way.

Be prepared to spend atleast 1-2 hours at PSK, depending on the load. Sometimes, even if we take photographs, they do take the snaps of minors in PSK.
Old 16th May 2011, 11:23   #248
BHPian

Hi Need guidance on the following.

A friend of mine has recently moved to mumbai from delhi. He now needs to renew his wifes passport(issued in delhi) from the mumbai passport offfice. currently they stand in a rented acco and the wife does not have any address/identity proof for mumbai. He has a joint bank a/c for some time and has recently opened a single a/c in her name also. What would be the best way to initiate the process of passport renewal.
Old 16th May 2011, 16:51   #249
Team-BHP Support

I am in a similar dilemma as that of the previous posts.

In order to apply for a passport for my 2 year old kid, i need to get both my wife's as well as my addresses in sync. From the list of documents mentioned on the site, i am looking at information on two among them :

1.) Letter from company on their letter head. Site mentions this can be done only by public limited companies. Mine is pvt limited. However, call center says even pvt limited can use this as address proof.
2.) Telephone bill : I have a landline connection at this address since last August, but it's an Airtel connection. Site doesnt mention this needs to be BSNL, but call center says it should be BSNL or MTNL connection. Any idea?

Can anyone who has gone through this ordeal please help?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 18th May 2011, 20:28   #250
BHPian

Guys, need some help here..

My passport has a typo error in my father's middle name. Actually, the letters a and o has been interchanged i.e in place of the letter a, the letter o has been printed and in-place of o, the letter a has been printed. I wanted to ask you guys is it really necessary for me to get this rectified? I don't want to face any problems in the future.

Any help is much appreciated!
Regards

Last edited by vaibzi : 18th May 2011 at 20:30.
Old 18th May 2011, 21:50   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I have applied the passport for my son who is 11 months old
I have taken the date and it is 19th May 2011
I have filled all the information in the online applicaiton
Folks i have a question

Do I still need to fill the normal applicaiton form or now it is not needed as I filled online
Please help

Documents which i am carrying are
1. Photo of the minor
2. Address proof of mine
3. DOB certificate
4. Parents passport with spouse name endorsed
5. Annexure H
I prefer you to carry 2 different proof for address, and if there is any change in address remember to carry the proof for one year stay.

The PSK guys unnecessery trouble you by asking both parents PP copy. Actually either of the parent is sufficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
In order to apply for a passport for my 2 year old kid, i need to get both my wife's as well as my addresses in sync. From the list of documents mentioned on the site, i am looking at information on two among them :

1.) Letter from company on their letter head. Site mentions this can be done only by public limited companies. Mine is pvt limited. However, call center says even pvt limited can use this as address proof.
2.) Telephone bill : I have a landline connection at this address since last August, but it's an Airtel connection. Site doesnt mention this needs to be BSNL, but call center says it should be BSNL or MTNL connection. Any idea?

Can anyone who has gone through this ordeal please help?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Ben..
1. The site says that letter from reputed private company are enough.
2. From my experience at PSK, outer ring road, last day, they are accepting land line bills, but it should be in their letter head. Email printouts are not accepted as original. You can also get the bank statement, but remember to get the bank seal on the statement.

Thanks
Rajesh
RajeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 22:42   #252
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Ben..
1. The site says that letter from reputed private company are enough.
2. From my experience at PSK, outer ring road, last day, they are accepting land line bills, but it should be in their letter head. Email printouts are not accepted as original. You can also get the bank statement, but remember to get the bank seal on the statement.
Rajesh, please could you provide me the link on the site where it is mentioned address proof from a private company is accepted? Based on my search, this is the link i could find, and here is mentions that only public limited companies can issue such an address proof!

Attachment Advisor

Regarding the landline bill, i suppose we can demand for a bill from the telephone company for a particular month? However, in the case of an emailed bill from Airtel for my landline, it also comes with the company's letter head. Shouldn't that be fine?

As we were staying on rent at our earlier apartment, the bank statement was always posted to my company address. So there is no way i can use that as proof for a year. :(

Thanks in advance for your replies, and am really grateful.
Old 19th May 2011, 06:23   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Rajesh, please could you provide me the link on the site where it is mentioned address proof from a private company is accepted? Based on my search, this is the link i could find, and here is mentions that only public limited companies can issue such an address proof!

Attachment Advisor
Ben, hope these links will give you the information -> RPO : Address Change
Check list

Quote:
Regarding the landline bill, i suppose we can demand for a bill from the telephone company for a particular month? However, in the case of an emailed bill from Airtel for my landline, it also comes with the company's letter head. Shouldn't that be fine?

As we were staying on rent at our earlier apartment, the bank statement was always posted to my company address. So there is no way i can use that as proof for a year. :(

Thanks in advance for your replies, and am really grateful.
The site says that, Landline or Postpaid Mobile bill be enough. However at the PSK counter, if you carry only the email bill printout, they will treat it as a photocopy only. For them original is the hardcopy sent from the Service Provider. I hope we can get this from any Service Providers.

Thanks
Rajesh
RajeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 06:29   #254
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

neo
i will probably meet you as my wifes and my appointment is also on 26th may. at the outer ring road PSK at 0930.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
Guys,

I have booked an appointment at Bangalore PSK under 'Normal mode' for 26th May.

But, I may have to leave for France next month and need to apply for business visa.

So -
2) 'Call center person' told me to cancel the current appointment & schedule new for tatkal (I dont want to cancel the existing one)
3) On 26th May (My current appointment), can I request them to consider it for tatkal (if I take all required documents as well)?
Old 19th May 2011, 07:36   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
Guys,
So -
Saw nobody answered your questions and i went thru the similiar orderal few days ago.
First, do not cancel your appointment, upload one more application as tatkal and take appointment. Once you get that, cancel the current appointment.

Quote:
In order to apply for a passport for my 2 year old kid, i need to get both my wife's as well as my addresses in sync.
When i got my kids passport done, all they asked for one of the parents passport with current address. My wife passport had a different address that time. But her name was endorsed in my passport(this is important).

Last edited by rk_sans : 19th May 2011 at 07:43.
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks