Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2012, 15:12   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Guys, how long does it normally take for police verification in Bangalore these days? Are applications from senior citizens given any preference?
If you are willing to run around a bit then not much. I was granted a tatkal passport in January with police verification to be done later. But till now there was not call from police. When i went to area police station they looked for my file and did not find it. Today I went to the office of Police Commissioner on infantry road and inquired about the same. They had not yet dispatched the file.

They asked me under which police station my residence comes under and dispatched the same online in front of me. I was told I could go and check for the file in the police station tommorow at around 2 PM.

BTW any docs to be carried to the police station if I want to finish the whole business there itself?
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 16:06   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
If you are willing to run around a bit then not much. I was granted a tatkal passport in January with police verification to be done later. But till now there was not call from police. When i went to area police station they looked for my file and did not find it. Today I went to the office of Police Commissioner on infantry road and inquired about the same. They had not yet dispatched the file.

They asked me under which police station my residence comes under and dispatched the same online in front of me. I was told I could go and check for the file in the police station tommorow at around 2 PM.

BTW any docs to be carried to the police station if I want to finish the whole business there itself?
just carry,

identity proof
residence proof
and atleast 2 passport size photographs

Rest any other document you wish.
Old 14th March 2012, 16:30   #633
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Annex H on plain paper. No affidavit needed.
No address proof required if address in your passport same as your present address.
Also you might need to write an application on plain paper to RTO officer. If there is any difference in your name as on passport and on the birth certificate of your child it needs to be mentioned there. Also if child name is not there on birth certificate than that also needs to be mentioned in this application.
My child's name is the same as on the birth certificate, so no issues there. In that case, i guess the application would not be necessary.

Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
A passport size photo of yours, address proof copies which were submitted at the PSK, as well as the file number details receipt from the Passport office would be required.
Old 14th March 2012, 16:52   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks!

How long did you wait before going to the Police Commissioner's office?

I think you need to take two of your neighbors along. I dont recall having to carry any other documentation. But it wont be a bad idea to carry the same proof of residence that you submitted with your passport application.
Old 15th March 2012, 16:10   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
How long did you wait before going to the Police Commissioner's office?
Mine was tatkal and I waited for around 1 and half month.

Today I got the call from area police station that my file has arrived and that I can come to station itself.

Docs:
1. Old and new passport xerox.(Since mine was a renewal)
2. Address proof. I gave the xerox of the bank statement I had given initially at PSK.
3. Passport sized photo.
4. DOB proof.
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 17:10   #636
BHPian

Hi friends,

I had submitted my application for a fresh passport (regular /non tatkal) on 16 jan 2012 at worli RPO. On 08 feb i was called to local police chowkie for verification and submitted all the documents required.
But as of today even after more than a month Passport status site shows " Police report has not been received" .
Any idea how long does it take to get a fresh passport in mumbai under normal ( non tatkal) procedure ? It's almost been 2 mnths since i applied.
Old 15th March 2012, 18:14   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookey View Post
I had submitted my application for a fresh passport (regular /non tatkal) on 16 jan 2012 at worli RPO. On 08 feb i was called to local police chowkie for verification and submitted all the documents required. But as of today even after more than a month Passport status site shows " Police report has not been received" .
Typically, the delay happens at the SP/Commissioner's offices in issuing the file to the corresponding police station or otherwise updating the PV information back to RPO. You should check with the SP/ACP's office.
Old 15th March 2012, 18:43   #638
BHPian

Hello every body.
I have applied online for re-issue of my passport which will be expiring in June'12.
The online process is very simple. Filled all the necessary details and saved.
Got options with the earliest date on 21st March at 10.00am. Accepted and took a print out of the same. It has the file no. printed all across its six pages.

When I applied for the first time in 2002, I was still a student. Hence ECR is a must I guess at that time. Now, I will be in ECNR category.

The support documents I plan to carry are,
1. Age proof document is my 10th certificate.
2. Address proof is a letter from my Employer and also last six months bank statements and Last year's credit card statements as I changed my residential address.
3. Copy of my Marriage certificate as I need to include my Spouse's name too.

Hope these will be sufficient.
Pls share your recent experiences at Pune, If any.

Regards,
Maverick79.
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:47   #639
BHPian

Here is my update at Pune PP office!

Filled my online application on 15h through normal process and got a slot on 21st at 10.00am.
The documents I carried

1. Old Passport - Original.
2. First and Last 4 pages xerox and self attested in 3 sets.
3. Address proof - A letter from the employer in Original and three copies of the same. Self Attested
4. Also, Bank statements for the last one year as I am only 9 months old in my current residence. Self Attested.
5. Marriage Certificate. Self Attested.

Reached by 7.25 am on 21st. Though Noopster suggested to be still early.
Found one agent sort of guy at the gate asking me ' Bahut lamba queue hai. No. Lagi hai.."
Just ignored and went inside. Found a single queue in one length. Quickly parked my vehicle and started counting. I am 45th on that day.
Very soon, I think by 8.00am there were two more such lines joined to me. It grew much bigger.
Connected my mobile and found a shocker mail.

I got an offer asking to re locate ASAP. Latest by 15th April. The New employer has responded now after 4 months of my interview and negotiations. If I apply in the normal way, I would get my passport only after 6 weeks.

Then immediately surfed and found the info required for Tatkal format on the mobile. Rushed to ATM first for additional 1.5K.
Meanwhile, called F150 and got anilsanil as he was the latest who updated about his Tatkal experience. Disturbed him too, in the morning at 9.15am and seeked his guidance, after a discussion of about 15 mins, I decided to go ahead and ask the Officer itself.

I need an additional affidavit for applying through Tatkal scheme along with my current document sets. Don't know the format at that time.

Meanwhile in the queue, overheard few guys experiences of the officer asking for Company I card xerox too, along with the address proof certificate from it. Looked around and found already two Xerox shops opened and got my I card photocopied and self Attested, silently.

By 9.45am, the security became active and started shouting - Line me raho... Bag Allowed nahi hai. Single line me raho.. etc.
Sharp at 10.am, people were allowed in batches. My turn came after some 1hr 15 mins.
Went to the officer and I was really lucky, He had patience and time to hear my case. He simply asked me to get Annexure 'I' from the nearest Notary guy. Rushed out immediately and found the xerox tapri had a full fledged extension just a few yards away at the back of the PP office. Required format was ready and got it back in 15 mins. They charged 350 bucks for the same. Got it photocopied too and rushed back to the officer directly.
Immediately, the people in the queue started calling me and luckily the officer waved a hand to them and said, he only sent me back.
I felt I was the luckiest under sun at that movement.
He started scrutinizing all the documents very swiftly and asked me to pay the fees of Rs. 2500.
Got two receipts of Rs.1000 and Rs.1500 separately for Re - Issue and Tatkal fees.
All it took was 2 mins for the first time and 7 mins second time at the counter
Was out by 11.45am to my ride.

I would completely back Noopsters below recomendations.

1. Come as early as possible if you want to leave early. 6.00am would be Ideal time. You can easily finish by 11.00am max.
2. Carry water. Though I found a medium sized canteen on the left after entering the main gate, it Opened only by 9.00am though.
3. Get all your belongings in a plastic / polythene carry bag. Bags/ Back packs strictly not allowed. A mother with an 8 month old baby need to explain for two minutes to allow her bag inside. She was even asked to change all the belongings in the bag to a polythene cover and get it at one point of time, by the security.
  • News papers will be available after 8.30am. only.
  • Last minute photocopies can be done after 8.00am. There are two small ones open. They include 1 min photos also. Didn't try though.
Finally, a normal application can be converted to a Tatkal on the spot, (If you are lucky enough to face a good tempered officer in C.No.6 - For Reissue) by getting an affidavit as per Annexure 'I', just inside the compound. This would be possible only if the Passport is issued at same centre earlier.

The officer infact was patient enough to segregate and make three sets for a senior person. Further, he answered few queries when I asked him (hesitantly fearing a red face from him) about my tentative date of receipt and also about the tentative date of police verification. His name was no where visible in the vicinity.

The process is really easy if you are informed and prepared. Good bye to Brokers/ Agents!
Old 27th March 2012, 08:46   #640

Guys,
Anyone facing problems for getting an appointment at PSK recently?
I have been trying to get an appointment for my father (Passport renewal) in PSK located at Bangalore since 2 weeks, but was never successful.

The message that I get is "Currently no appointment slots are available for the selected Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). Please try scheduling an appointment from 27/03/2012, 6:00 PM onwards."

I guess the appointment window opens at 6PM every working day. But at that time the website is virtually blocked/clogged and by 6:03PM all appointment windows are exhausted.

Am getting very frustrated with this. Request you to give some tips/tricks to get through this.

Are the alternate channels like Bangalore One still available to get the passport renewed?

-Varun
Old 27th March 2012, 12:25   #641

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunps View Post
Guys,
Anyone facing problems for getting an appointment at PSK recently?
I have been trying to get an appointment for my father (Passport renewal) in PSK located at Bangalore since 2 weeks, but was never successful.

-Varun
You need to try at exactly 6 PM as by 6:05 all the appointments will be taken. Another thing to note is to aim for the noon slots (12 to 2 PM) as they are the ones which are less sought after. I have tried this approach and got the appointment for my wife.

Better chances are if you try on the Saturday evening which is when the slots for Monday get opened.

Even if you get the appointment at 12, plan for the entire afternoon.
Old 27th March 2012, 13:59   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seby_v View Post
You need to try at exactly 6 PM as by 6:05 all the appointments will be taken. Another thing to note is to aim for the noon slots (12 to 2 PM) as they are the ones which are less sought after. I have tried this approach and got the appointment for my wife.

Better chances are if you try on the Saturday evening which is when the slots for Monday get opened.

Even if you get the appointment at 12, plan for the entire afternoon.
+1. @ Varnups the other option is to get hold of an agent who can get you an appointment for the next day, I was charged about 500 bucks for that. PM me if you need a contact.
Old 27th March 2012, 17:49   #643

Thanks Seby and Ashwin!

@ Ashwin, will contact you for the Agents number after giving it another shot!
Old 27th March 2012, 18:25   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #win View Post
+1. @ Varnups the other option is to get hold of an agent who can get you an appointment for the next day, I was charged about 500 bucks for that. PM me if you need a contact.
Quote:
Thanks Seby and Ashwin!

@ Ashwin, will contact you for the Agents number after giving it another shot!
It's so frustrating. Sigh.

#win,
Since I can't send you a PM, I sent you an email. Can you please give PM me the agent's name and number? Thank you in advance.
Old 28th March 2012, 11:49   #645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Am getting very frustrated with this. Request you to give some tips/tricks to get through this.
Varun, what is your internet connection speed? One of my colleagues also faced similar problem. He was able to book an appointment once he moved to a broadband connection. I think he was on BSNL earlier.

I was able to book an appointment for my dad at 6:02 PM, using Airtel broadband, around 3 weeks back.

By the way, surprisingly, his passport arrived in less than two weeks. And last Monday, he went to the local police station and even got the police verification done!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks