Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2012, 17:37   #616
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

it appears to me that passport office in HYD ( going by your location ) is pretty notorious. even a friend of mine is also struggling with his passport for some time now but how come they are not allowing you to meet RPO . here in Delhi , I literally embarrassed the RPO by doing to their office daily , stand in queue for 2 hours and plead for my passport . i kept doing that for 5-6 days and 7th day, she herself came out to see if i was in line. seeing me she handed over the dispatch no and asked me to check with post man , who off course won;t deliver it without a 100 rs bribe.

you don;t need a appointment to meet RPO and be clever there as passport officials are hands in gloves with agents.
Old 4th March 2012, 22:07   #617
BANNED

There will be any issues if one's DOB is different on passport ? other ID has different year like - 89 on passport or 88 on driving licence & other ID proof. (1 year diff) - any problem in travel ?
For changing dob on passport, how much time it takes & what documents required ?
Old 5th March 2012, 10:46   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
There will be any issues if one's DOB is different on passport ? other ID has different year like - 89 on passport or 88 on driving licence & other ID proof. (1 year diff) - any problem in travel ?
For changing dob on passport, how much time it takes & what documents required ?
Hi,

Changing DoB was one of the biggest hassles that my wife faced. How was the wrong entry made in the passport in the first place? Was it due to a clerical error from the Passport office side? If so, and if your passport was issued recently, then perhaps you might escape the lengthy process. However, even if it is a clerical error and you haven't bothered about it for a long time, then this is what happened to my wife (basically she wanted to correct her DoB only at the time of passport renewal - for 10 years she had a wrong DoB printed):

* Try to get as many documents as possible to prove your correct DoB - 10th certificate and birth certificate are absolutely must. If you do not have your birth certificate, apply and get it from your corporation.
* Get an affidavit indicating reason for change of DoB
* If you have an older passport indicating your correct DoB, take it along - perhaps the passport officer will be in a good mood and agree to correct it right away.
* If not, they will send a phyisical letter to your city/town's corporation asking them to verifying your birth certificate - ensure to carry a print out of the "Contact us" page of your corporation's website.
* Check regularly with the passport office as to whether they have sent the letter (the contents of which are top secret btw)
* Once they have sent the letter - check regularly with your corporation office and get them to respond as soon as possible
* Follow up again with the passport office to check whether they got the corporation's reply
* All communication between the passport office and the corporation office is via snail mail sent via India post
* You may be asked to pay a fine for this "mistake" - I think Rs. 1000 or so.

If the reason for change of DoB is not due to a clerical error, then you need to get a "Court order" for change of DoB. If you are from a city which has the TCS manned PSKs, the TCS employees would try to send you back saying that a "court order" is required no matter what, just be polite with them but insist on getting a token and submitting your application. The rest of the follow up should be done in the passport office (not PSK).

Hope this helps. It took around 4-5 months for my wife to get her DoB changed. Plus the fact that we stay in Bangalore and her birth place is in Thanjavur did not help either. Hopefully yours will be a smoother process.
ajayr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 14:04   #619
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
Hi,

Changing DoB was one of the biggest hassles that my wife faced. How was the wrong entry made in the passport in the first place? Was it due to a clerical error from the Passport office side? If so, and if your passport was issued recently, then perhaps you might escape the lengthy process. However, even if it is a clerical error and you haven't bothered about it for a long time, then this is what happened to my wife (basically she wanted to correct her DoB only at the time of passport renewal - for 10 years she had a wrong DoB printed):
Firstly thanks a lot for the in-depth information
In my case it isn't clerical error, my 10th class certificate has wrong DOB on it, I didn't notice, so that certificate was given on applying of passport hence it has wrong DOB, otherwise my pan card/Driving license/birth certificate has different DOB. (diff of 1 year).

If i'll apply for change of dob, they'll ask for 10th certificate ( If i give then it will have wrong dob) won't they accept birth certificate,dl.pancard ?

Process provided by you is a very long/frustrating process, what if i leave it as it's, it will create any problem in travel/immigration ?
Like if i don't correct it then i have to provide passport dob (which is wrong) while applying for visa & buying tickets ?
thanks

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th March 2012 at 23:55. Reason: Please quote selectively when quoting a long post specially when its on same page, thanks
Old 10th March 2012, 12:02   #620
BANNED

I'm thinking to apply for visa with the wrong DOB - will it create any problem in travel ? Onmy other ID -My dob has a difference of year, passport only will be sufficient for ID? please guide.
Old 10th March 2012, 12:18   #621
Senior - BHPian

Guys, how long does it normally take for police verification in Bangalore these days? Are applications from senior citizens given any preference?

Quote:
I'm thinking to apply for visa with the wrong DOB - will it create any problem in travel ? Onmy other ID -My dob has a difference of year, passport only will be sufficient for ID? please guide.
No matter how painful the process, i suggest you get your passport corrected.
Giving wrong information willingly when applying for a visa can create serious problems.
amitoj is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2012, 15:58   #622
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
No matter how painful the process, i suggest you get your passport corrected.
Giving wrong information willingly when applying for a visa can create serious problems.
It's tension free to get it done but main hurdle is dob on my 10th certificate that has wrong DOB on it, In order to get it correct they'll ask for 10th certificate, it's impossible to correct DOB on 10th certificate, Will they accept only Birth certificate to get it correct along with passport copy ?
Old 10th March 2012, 16:31   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
It's tension free to get it done but main hurdle is dob on my 10th certificate that has wrong DOB on it, In order to get it correct they'll ask for 10th certificate, it's impossible to correct DOB on 10th certificate, Will they accept only Birth certificate to get it correct along with passport copy ?
I would think a birth certificate should be a good a proof of your date of birth as any, if not the most appropriate.
Old 12th March 2012, 19:23   #624
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I would think a birth certificate should be a good a proof of your date of birth as any, if not the most appropriate.
I talked with two agents & one said not possible without correct 10th certificate & other said not possible
Old 12th March 2012, 19:55   #625
BHPian

Quote:
I talked with two agents & one said not possible without correct 10th certificate & other said not possible
I am sure it is possible to get a passport without the 10th certificate. In your case you might have to get a few affidavits and possibly a letter from the 10th board claiming the correction.
You can easily live with the wrong DOB as long as none of the Immigration officers make it out, once they find that you then you are in serious trouble, so better get it sorted at the earliest
Old 12th March 2012, 20:33   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Submitted the renewal application at Hyd PSK on Jan/02nd. The relevant person from the PV team came to my house today (Feb/07th)....
My application is still in ("awaiting PV") status on PSK website. Not sure why it is taking more than a month for the PV report to reach PSK systems, may need to check with Cyberabad commisioner's office first.

Is there anybody you know of, who are from Cyberabad jurisdiction and had their passport (re)issued after PV in the recent months?

Last edited by skumare : 12th March 2012 at 20:34.
Old 12th March 2012, 20:35   #627
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by #win View Post
I am sure it is possible to get a passport without the 10th certificate. In your case you might have to get a few affidavits and possibly a letter from the 10th board claiming the correction.
You can easily live with the wrong DOB as long as none of the Immigration officers make it out, once they find that you then you are in serious trouble, so better get it sorted at the earliest
It's impossible to get the 10th board certificate correct, they don't listen, i''m visiting passport office myself to see if any agent there can get it correct if not then I'll live with it, Thanks
Old 13th March 2012, 23:33   #628
Team-BHP Support

Applying passport for minor

I am in the process of applying a passport for my 3 year old daughter. I went through the passport seva portal, and following are the documents mentioned :
  • Proof Of Present Address
  • Proof Of Date Of Birth
  • A Declaration affirming the particulars furnished in the application about the minor as per: Annexure 'H'
  • Attested photocopy of Passport of both or either parent
I plan on furnishing the following in lieu of the above :
  • Proof Of Present Address : My recently issued passport which has my spouse's name endorsed, as well as the current residential address in Bangalore.
  • Proof Of Date Of Birth : Birth certificate of the child.
  • Annexure 'H' : I downloaded the format for this from the site. However, is this to be on stamp paper, or just a plain paper with our respective signatures?
  • Attested photocopy of Passport of both or either parent : I plan on submitting my passport copy for this. However, an attested copy refers to a copy attested by myself, or some other authority?
Also, going through some of the previous posts, i noted that the spouse name addition on the passport is sufficient for one parent. We anyway have the marriage certificate as additional proof.

Also, i suppose ECNR would apply for the child in this case.

Anything i may have missed out?
Old 14th March 2012, 00:10   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
  • Proof Of Present Address : My recently issued passport which has my spouse's name endorsed, as well as the current residential address in Bangalore.
As a safe practice, take some thing else as address proof as well like ration card where kid 's name is mentioned . they might reject your passport as address proof for your kid . Incase you don ;t have ration card , include some thing else on your name as mentioned in docs they accept as address proof
  • Proof Of Date Of Birth : Birth certificate of the child.
that;s OK . Make sure it;s attested by a gazetted officer, Just to be on safe side.
  • Annexure 'H' : I downloaded the format for this from the site. However, is this to be on stamp paper, or just a plain paper with our respective signatures?
Take a Print out on plane paper and Both parents need to sign it.
  • Attested photocopy of Passport of both or either parent : I plan on submitting my passport copy for this. However, an attested copy refers to a copy attested by myself, or some other authority?
It needs to be attested by a Gazetted officer . try to have copies of both your;s and wife;s passport.

Also, i suppose ECNR would apply for the child in this case.
Pls find attached in bold, I did the same while i got passport made for my 4 yrs old son .I got it done in shimla RPO and without tatkal , got it in my hands in 25 days Flat. problem is that rules are not uniform across india and might differ . moreover it all depends on the mood of the officer accepting the application and thumb rule in govt organization is simple " pls ask for as much documentation as possible , to be on safe side"

ENCR is not required these days and is done by default . Also pls have everything attested and make sure that you are carrying all the originals. Kid should be present in passport office while you apply for Her passport .
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 14:49   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29

I am in the process of applying a passport for my 3 year old daughter. I went through the passport seva portal, and following are the documents mentioned :
[*]Proof Of Present Address[*]Proof Of Date Of Birth[*]A Declaration affirming the particulars furnished in the application about the minor as per: Annexure 'H'[*]Attested photocopy of Passport of both or either parentI plan on furnishing the following in lieu of the

Anything i may have missed out?
Annex H on plain paper. No affidavit needed.
No address proof required if address in your passport same as your present address.
Also you might need to write an application on plain paper to RTO officer. If there is any difference in your name as on passport and on the birth certificate of your child it needs to be mentioned there. Also if child name is not there on birth certificate than that also needs to be mentioned in this application.

Preferably book an early morning slot with PSK at Intel. People are fresh in the morning and might be in better moods. Also wait times are less. We got the process done for our daughter in 1 hour! Good luck.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks