Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2017, 16:13   #2341
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
How long does the police verification in Bangalore usually take ?

My wife visited the local PS about a week ago and submitted the relevant documents ( gas and electricity bills in my name , along with our marriage certificate ), but the status still shows as pending verification on the passport website.
You can enquire at the police station itself. The chances are the constable may want a small "chai paani" before he turns up. Or it might be lying there because the guy in question went onto sick leave, was deputed for VIP crowd control etc etc.
Old 5th December 2017, 17:34   #2342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
You can enquire at the police station itself. The chances are the constable may want a small "chai paani" before he turns up. Or it might be lying there because the guy in question went onto sick leave, was deputed for VIP crowd control etc etc.
My wife visited the PS with documents( she had called up based on contact details from an SMS she had received and she was asked to pay a visit ) and the constable said that the verification was complete and he would do the needful for the subsequent processing. There was no mention of a visit to our residence , although that's the norm.

This was a week ago , and we were expecting the status of the verification to have changed on the website by now, but it hasn't.
Old 5th December 2017, 17:58   #2343
BHPian

Quote:
..although that's the norm.

This was a week ago , and we were expecting the status of the verification to have changed on the website by now, but it hasn't.
Yes they are supposed to come down to your residence. In my case, I went to the station and spoke to the officer with my passport details, a few days later he came home and took all the documents. After about two days the status changed on the passport portal. Remind the officer again, sometimes they would not have sent it for processing.
Old 5th December 2017, 18:48   #2344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My wife visited the PS with documents( she had called up based on contact details from an SMS she had received and she was asked to pay a visit ) and the constable said that the verification was complete and he would do the needful for the subsequent processing. There was no mention of a visit to our residence , although that's the norm.

In my case the entire police verification took almost 3 weeks. After a week one day suddenly the verification person called me around 4 pm and said he is near my home but I had to request him to come the next day as I could not be at home at that time.

Check for any missed calls from them or if not call the police station and check with them.
Old 5th December 2017, 22:43   #2345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please visit the police station and ask them to send the verification report ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
Yes they are supposed to come down to your residence. In my case, I went to the station and spoke to the officer with my passport details, a few days later he came home and took all the documents. After about two days the status changed on the passport portal. Remind the officer again, sometimes they would not have sent it for processing.
It is not compulsory.I helped 3 people apply for passport last month and all of them went to the PS for verification;Police personnel did not visit their residences at all.

All the 3 applications were in different PS limits.

Waseem.
Old 6th December 2017, 11:19   #2346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Please visit the police station and ask them to send the verification report ASAP.

It is not compulsory.I helped 3 people apply for passport last month and all of them went to the PS for verification;Police personnel did not visit their residences at all.

All the 3 applications were in different PS limits.

Waseem.
Thanks Waseem. My wife called up the PS and was told that they've already sent it across and there's nothing that she needed to do. It may be pending at the Police Commissioner's office and the status is likely to change in a day or two, that's what she was told.
Old 7th December 2017, 08:16   #2347
BHPian

A senior citizen within family has applied for passport exactly a month ago at nearest PSK.

Even now on checking the status on Passport India website, the update is same i.e. The Application with all required documents was submitted on 7/11.

Two questions

1. Is online the only means of checking status of application. I just have file number, not the acknowledgement hence I am not aware of any alternate system to check why is the delay.

2. Is there any need to move the process by shooting mails/sending SOS to PRO.

Speaking of my own experience 3 years ago when PSKs had just come in existence, my daughter's minor passport was approved and printed even before we left the center ( I got SMS while I was still inside the center)

Dont know if the system has degraded thereafter.
Old 7th December 2017, 12:28   #2348
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
2. Is there any need to move the process by shooting mails/sending SOS to PRO.
File an RTI application. You'll be (pleasantly) amazed at how effective it is in getting things done, provided everything else is in order.

My wife's passport renewal was stuck for a month after police verification with the website showing the same status. Filed an RTI, got a message that passport was dispatched the next evening. Could be coincidence, could be not. Worth a try.
Old 7th December 2017, 14:16   #2349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
File an RTI application. You'll be (pleasantly) amazed at how effective it is in getting things done, provided everything else is in order.

My wife's passport renewal was stuck for a month after police verification with the website showing the same status. Filed an RTI, got a message that passport was dispatched the next evening. Could be coincidence, could be not. Worth a try.
Thanks. However the concerned person hasn't even had police enquiry. He was told by pak that when to go for passport police enquiry will also be advised through the site.
Old 8th December 2017, 08:10   #2350
BHPian

Why is it necessary to submit the annexure E and the verification certificate while applying under tatkal, when it is only reissue of passport? One needs another day practically to get this done, so it eats up an extra day, so what is the point of applying under tatkal?
Old 8th December 2017, 09:17   #2351
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
Why is it necessary to submit the annexure E and the verification certificate while applying under tatkal, when it is only reissue of passport? One needs another day practically to get this done, so it eats up an extra day, so what is the point of applying under tatkal?
I think Tatkal is mostly history. It is not required in at least 95% of cases where it was used earlier.
Old 9th December 2017, 00:13   #2352
Senior - BHPian

Extremely pleased with the Ameerpet PSK at Hyderabad. Logged into their portal on December 2nd and applied online for re-issue of my wife's and son's passport. Was lucky to get an appointment slot for December 4th at 1230 to 1245 pm.

Both took a print of the submitted application, along with self-certified photocopies of the 1st two and last two pages, and reached the venue at 1215 pm. Were ushered in at 1230 pm. They had to move to 5 or 6 counters, each for a different purpose like verification of existing passports, application form cross-checking, biometrics, photos, etc. They were out by 130 pm.

This is a fantastic improvement over the past few years. I had to face horrors a decade ago. There was no need for police verification as the address was the same.

What surprised me the most was that the passports reached us by Speed Post today---barely 4 days after the applications were verified!
Old 9th December 2017, 13:44   #2353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Extremely pleased with the Ameerpet PSK at Hyderabad. Logged into their portal on December 2nd and applied online for re-issue of my wife's and son's passport. Was lucky to get an appointment slot for December 4th at 1230 to 1245 pm.

Both took a print of the submitted application, along with self-certified photocopies of the 1st two and last two pages, and reached the venue at 1215 pm. Were ushered in at 1230 pm. They had to move to 5 or 6 counters, each for a different purpose like verification of existing passports, application form cross-checking, biometrics, photos, etc. They were out by 130 pm.

This is a fantastic improvement over the past few years. I had to face horrors a decade ago. There was no need for police verification as the address was the same.

What surprised me the most was that the passports reached us by Speed Post today---barely 4 days after the applications were verified!
Do you know if you are allowed to go with a minor child even if you are not applying?
Old 9th December 2017, 13:51   #2354
BHPian

Quote:
Do you know if you are allowed to go with a minor child even if you are not applying?

Yes. A minor can be accompanied by their father/mother. In fact both my wife and me were allowed inside when I went to apply for my 5 year old in Feb this year
Old 11th December 2017, 12:41   #2355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, you will be allowed. However, I was not allowed to accompany my daughter when she went for re-issue after turning 18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks