Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2018, 17:42   #2386
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by get2bid View Post
It is the same as applying for renewal of passport. If the address information or marital status has not changed, then normally there is no police verification. This should make it quicker for you to get the passport.
Thanks, get2bid.

All other information is going to remain same except the need for pages.
Old 17th January 2018, 17:57   #2387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feluda86 View Post
Few clarifications:
1. Was yours a Tatkaal application?
2. Any update on police verification? This is the tricky step in Pune is what I am lead to believe.
1. No. It was a normal application.
2. I hope I don't have to go through police verification. Last year my wife renewed the passport and she got it within 6 days without facing any verification.
Old 23rd January 2018, 12:14   #2388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Tripper View Post
Ok. I was trying to understand whether the ON HOLD status is actually the reason for any worry or not. Till now, I tend to think it is, but now that you're saying that inspite of the same status your wife got hers in 3-4 days, then there must be something else. I need to travel soon and hence require the passport badly! Not sure what to do now than just wait and watch.
Please allow me to quote myself to keep everyone abreast with my current status.

"Police Verification has been initiated on Post PV basis to SP Office, District South East Delhi and action for passport printing is initiated, to be followed by lamination, signing, quality check and dispatch."

This is the update I see as status since 18th Jan. When I first got this message, I was happy to assume that now I would receive my passport within the next 3-4 days. I was wrong. The status remains unchanged as I write this.

Is this timespan normal?
Old 23rd January 2018, 13:58   #2389
BHPian

You should receive the passport by end of this week or early next week if everything goes well.
Just make sure you cross your fingers and toes and a cat does not cross your path.
Old 25th January 2018, 19:30   #2390
BHPian

Just want to share my experience at Thane Passport office. The reason to visit passport office was change in address. I had my appointment scheduled at 9.45 AM with reporting time as 9.30 AM. From entering inside to getting out with acknowledgment slip with all A>B>C counters done was in just 30 mins.
The officer at C counter said No Police verification required and I will get the passport in 4-5 days.
Got the SMS at 1.15 PM that passoprt is ready for printing and next morning got SMS your passport is dispatched with tracking number of Speed post.
Simply amazing to get the passport renewed in just 1 day
Old 25th January 2018, 21:17   #2391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToDrive View Post
Just want to share my experience at Thane Passport office. The reason to visit passport office was change in address. I had my appointment scheduled at 9.45 AM with reporting time as 9.30 AM. From entering inside to getting out with acknowledgment slip with all A>B>C counters done was in just 30 mins.
The officer at C counter said No Police verification required and I will get the passport in 4-5 days.
Got the SMS at 1.15 PM that passoprt is ready for printing and next morning got SMS your passport is dispatched with tracking number of Speed post.
Simply amazing to get the passport renewed in just 1 day
Change in address and no police verification? That is a surprise to me. In my case renewal + change in address lead to verification. And at the passport office I was told a routine renewal (sans address change) doesnt warrant any police verification.
Old 29th January 2018, 11:53   #2392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queryanalyzer View Post
Change in address and no police verification? That is a surprise to me. In my case renewal + change in address lead to verification. And at the passport office I was told a routine renewal (sans address change) doesnt warrant any police verification.
3 Years ago when I had my passoprt renewed + Address change, it went through the process of police verifcation. I was too surprized to hear from the officer that No Police verification is required. Does Aadhar Card play any role in this?
By the way I received my passport on Saturday (within 2 days)
Old 29th January 2018, 14:47   #2393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToDrive View Post
3 Years ago when I had my passoprt renewed + Address change, it went through the process of police verifcation. I was too surprized to hear from the officer that No Police verification is required. Does Aadhar Card play any role in this?
By the way I received my passport on Saturday (within 2 days)
It depends on the officer.
Last year, me, my brother and my mom, all three had gone to get address on our passports changed. All of us passed through the same officers. The last officer was the Passport Centre Incharge himself. He issued all 3 passports but he chose no police verification for my mom and post - verification for me and my brother. All 3 of us were carrying Aadhar Cards and he knew that we were related. All 3 passports were delivered in a week but me and my brother had to get police verification done afterwards.
Old 29th January 2018, 20:53   #2394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
It depends on the officer....he chose no police verification for my mom and post - verification for me and my brother.
I suppose age too plays a role. Me and my mom went for renewal last week. For both of us, the address has changed but police verification is required only for me. I had given voter Id as address proof while mom gave just gas connection and bsnl telephone bill.
Old 29th January 2018, 21:03   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I suppose age too plays a role. Me and my mom went for renewal last week. For both of us, the address has changed but police verification is required only for me. I had given voter Id as address proof while mom gave just gas connection and bsnl telephone bill.
Yes, I felt that too that the reason for his partiality was the age factor.
Old 29th January 2018, 21:47   #2396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I suppose age too plays a role..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Yes, I felt that too that the reason for his partiality was the age factor.
I do not think that is the case. I believe it depends on the officer sitting at Counter C.
Case in point being, last year my mother, sister and me applied for renewal. All 3 addresses changed. All provided Aadhar as address proof. Sister and mother had Police verification required to be done. I did not require Police verification to be done. I received the passport in 3 days flat. Mom received a week after Police verification while it took about 30 days for my sister to get her passport.

Only the date of appointment was a week apart for each of us.
Old 30th January 2018, 19:27   #2397
BHPian

Renewed my 17 year old daughters passport today in Chennai, Aminjikarai. It had expired last October. I had applied for a 10 year passport for her and she is finishing school this summer. The document advisor was pretty useless in her case. I was only suggested to take annexure D, parent address proof and old passport copies. After reaching there was asked to produce an address proof in her name because I had asked for 10 year validity. They also asked her 10th standard marksheet for ECNR. I had her eaadhar print out in our current address but they refused that as the digital signed pdf did not have the green tick mark in the print out. Also had taken the school bona-fide certificate and her school ID card but it did not have our home address on it. I had attached a bsnl land line bill in my name and my wife was asked for an address proof in her name too. So got her bank statement and gave.
Counter B junior staff said she will not be granted the passport and if granted it will be valid only till she turns 18 (Six months). Counter B was suggesting I go home and come back when she turns 18 to avoid the shirt validity passport that she will get. I persisted and he then said counter C will decide and progressed us there. However counter C senior staff accepted my bsnl bill and wife's bank statement as valid proof of address for my daughter though she had a long hard think about it.
Sharing experience for others especially on the eaadhar digital signature and the gamut of additional documents that were asked for over the document advisor list.
I stayed at home because I knew this would happen, arranged all the extra stuff and then went and joined my wife and daughter. She had earlier walked in at 3:55PM and we walked out at 5:00pm.
I also had another issue, the 10th class marksheet had my wife's name with my family name as her surname while her passport had her maiden family name on it. Counter B and Counter A staff said this would not suffice for ECNR. Again counter C accepted it but will have to wait and see for ECNR.

Got an immediate sms that file number has been granted on pre-police verification basis. Did not understand what this means

Last edited by diyguy : 30th January 2018 at 19:33.
Old 30th January 2018, 19:44   #2398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Got an immediate sms that file number has been granted on pre-police verification basis. Did not understand what this means
Pre police verification means that the Police verification needs to be completed before the passport can be issued. Once the police verification is completed, the passport would be issued.

Additional details can be found on clicking here
Old 3rd February 2018, 07:57   #2399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Tripper View Post
I probably have understood the core issue after days of slogging here and there.

Counter A is managed by TCS employees, Counter B by government clerks who just check whether your documents are in order, and the real desk is Counter C, which is managed by APO level government employees, who actually take a decision.

Now the trick. Due to heavy workload (so called), most of the Counter C executives are not inclined to take a look at the 'Normal' applications on the same day, and hence, majority of the applicants get 'On Hold' status and sent back saying that your work is done. These files go into their repository and they open them one by one, when they get 'time'! This is not true for 'Tatkal' applications wherein they must have to complete their work within the specified timeframe.

So in essence, my file is stuck somewhere now, with no one at the PSK or RPO telling me when should it get open and processing would start!
Just to quote myself, I have received my passport two days back and police verification happened yesterday. The entire renewal process took me ~26 days, in Delhi.
Old 3rd February 2018, 17:33   #2400
Senior - BHPian

I had a query. Is the address as per aadhaar to be 100% matched with the address we mention on the passport form? I.e. including Landmarks, near etc if mentioned in in aadhaar, will it also come on the Passport? My aadhaar shows two names of roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks