Old 7th June 2018, 13:52   #2476
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
This is very strange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Is the address on your Aadhar card different than the re-issued passport? If not, then this is really strange.
I find it surprising as well. There was no change in address or any other changes that needed to be made. Just a simple renewal. The police made it seem as if I was applying for a new passport.
My daughter's passport renewal which I got done 2 years ago was quick though. I got her renewed passport in a week and there was no police verification done as well.
Old 30th June 2018, 11:24   #2477
BHPian

Passport re-issue

My passport expired in January this year. I'm applying for a re-issue. I have an address change and I am in a rented house now.

The address mentioned in the rental agreement has more characters than the "address box" in the application can accommodate. Flat no, Building no., Apartment name, cross road, locality.

I'm in a dilemma what I must omit from the address and without facing issues at the PSK. My earlier residence address was pretty simple.

Anybody else encountered this? Appreciate any suggestions - this is a bit urgent.
Old 30th June 2018, 14:54   #2478
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport re-issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
The address mentioned in the rental agreement has more characters than the "address box" in the application can accommodate. Flat no, Building no., Apartment name, cross road, locality.

This can be edited at the counter that is going to take a picture. So, make reasonable edit to shrink the address and validate at first PSK counter.
Old 30th June 2018, 15:54   #2479
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Passport re-issue

Quote:

I'm in a dilemma what I must omit from the address and without facing issues at the PSK. My earlier residence address was pretty simple.
You are worrying too much on this. Faced this situation last month on my passport re-aplication, I just removed part of address (from my rental agreement) and made it concise.

Flat No, Building name, Street, Area, City Pincode

The address remains the same in principal. Went ahead through all checks without an issue.
Old 30th June 2018, 17:12   #2480
BHPian

Quote:
My passport expired in January this year. I'm applying for a re-issue. I have an address change and I am in a rented house now.

Anybody else encountered this? Appreciate any suggestions - this is a bit urgent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
This can be edited at the counter that is going to take a picture. So, make reasonable edit to shrink the address and validate at first PSK counter.
As NetfreakBombay has rightly mentioned, the you can get the address edited as per your requirement at the PSK while at the photo session. I had a similar issue and faced no problems.
Old 2nd July 2018, 13:51   #2481
BHPian

I went for my passport renewal today. I got a time slot of 9.30 AM. I reached the place around 8.45 as I wasn't sure if adequate parking will be available, but they had a ground for parking. I went in around 8:50 and I expected to sit there waiting for my time slot, but I was directed to go to Counter A. Finished the processes there and headed to Counter B where i had to wait for maybe half an hour. When my turn came, it took just a few minutes and then asked to go to Counter C, which took barely a minute. I was out by 9:40. Overall it was very smooth and much faster than I expected.

Now I have to wait for the police verification process.
Old 2nd July 2018, 14:02   #2482
Senior - BHPian

Quick question.
I am going to the PSK for a new passport day after tomorrow. Now in the online form in the spouse column I mentioned my wife's name. However, the sir name is the one before marriage and now she is using the same as mine. So, how do I go about it. Should I carry some Id of hers like Aadhaar card and inform them that her sir name has changed and amendment needs to be done in my form?
Old 2nd July 2018, 14:10   #2483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Should I carry some Id of hers like Aadhaar card and inform them that her sir name has changed and amendment needs to be done in my form?
To be on the safe side, keep one id proof (as given on the PP website) that has your wife's name before marriage, and one id proof that has her name after marriage. Also, take your marriage certificate as proof of her name change too.

Chances are, the officer will make the required amendment in your form without asking for a lot of proofs as the appointment is for your PP, not hers.

But you never know with Govt. departments

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 2nd July 2018 at 14:11.
Old 4th July 2018, 14:09   #2484
Senior - BHPian

Applied for a fresh passport today at the PSK.
However, at counter B the person told me to go to Exit and take the acknowledgement slip. There was no counter C involvement. And, on acknowledgement slip in Application status it's mentioned as 'On Hold'. What exactly does this means?
Old 4th July 2018, 18:29   #2485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Applied for a fresh passport today at the PSK.
However, at counter B the person told me to go to Exit and take the acknowledgement slip. There was no counter C involvement. And, on acknowledgement slip in Application status it's mentioned as 'On Hold'. What exactly does this means?
This means verification in B counter was not successful. The official must have told you clearly if the documents you provided were not enough / not applicable / not satisfactory.

Make sure you take all needed documents and walk-in on weekdays anytime between 09:30-11:30. It should have been printed in the exit slip too.

Last edited by drivingme.crazy : 4th July 2018 at 18:32.
Old 4th July 2018, 18:46   #2486
Senior - BHPian

With the new IT systems these guys have been deploying, various new checks are added (several of which are fuzzy in nature). All these might cause delays. Perhaps your name or some other detail triggered a tripwire somewhere.

In my case, the problem was that my expiring passport's number matched with someone else's issued a good decade before mine. So I had to spend a full day at the RPO in Koramangala. My expiring one was issued outside India (HCoI London) whereas the colliding one was issued in Mumbai RPO, and they were issued when the IT systems weren't integrated fully.
Old 4th July 2018, 20:44   #2487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
This means verification in B counter was not successful. The official must have told you clearly if the documents you provided were not enough / not applicable / not satisfactory.

Make sure you take all needed documents and walk-in on weekdays anytime between 09:30-11:30. It should have been printed in the exit slip too.
But, this happened with everyone around me. And the official on B counter told me that documents are fine. Confusing.
Old 5th July 2018, 10:09   #2488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post

Now you cannot walk-in without an appointment.
The provision has been removed mostly due to the congestion created by people coming in randomly.

You probably need to take an enquiry appointment for the regional passport office with all the relevant documents.
Old 5th July 2018, 11:35   #2489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Now you cannot walk-in without an appointment.
The provision has been removed mostly due to the congestion created by people coming in randomly.

You probably need to take an enquiry appointment for the regional passport office with all the relevant documents.
I meant walk-in for "applications on hold" and not for every one.
Old 9th July 2018, 16:12   #2490
Senior - BHPian

Gents, request help on a tad bit of confusion I have on my passport renewal.

My passport is due to expire in May 2019 and I need to get it renewed at the earliest considering I have a business trip coming up in November this year (need at least 6 months validity for visa).

My current address on the passport has my parent's address which is the same as the address on my Aadhar card and most other documents.

My present residential address is different but we have retained my parent's address on most documents considering they are at home for receiving any communication from IT dept, banks, etc. and I can always pick it up on my way back home. Our gas connection, one private bank and airtel landline bill has present residential address.

1. Does police verification apply in this case?

2. If police verification happens, do I need to be available personally at the address when the police visits or can my parents vouch for me? Will they call or inform before coming to verify the address?

3. Should I change my address on the Aadhar card to reflect my present address (painful process)? My wife and I both work so it would be a hit or miss if the police visits while we are away at work

4. I have a valid multiple entry USA visa. Is this transferred to the new passport or would I have to carry the old one with the visa stamped on it?

Kindly help and many thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks