Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2017, 10:11   #2326
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Can a joint account passbook work as an address proof?
It should, I guess. This is what the instruction booklet says in the docs admissible as proof of address section:

Photo passbook of running Bank Account (Scheduled Public Sector Banks, Scheduled Private Sector Indian Banks and Regional Rural Banks only)

I would suggest submitting a query using the link given below. I had done it for some questions that I had about my minor daughter's PP application, and had received a call back from the PP office within half a day.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...feedbackAction

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 4th October 2017 at 10:13.
Old 7th October 2017, 10:16   #2327
BHPian

I took appointment for 10.30 slot on 3rd October for renewal. My present address and permanent address we're different. My only document for present address gas bill. Gave Aadhar as identity proof which has my permanent address. Got the police verification call same day on 3rd itself. Passport delivered to my address on 6th October. I am surprised its fast. However had some disappointing experience at the lalbagh Psk. Didn't understand on what basis token numbers are called in B and C counters. It was 2.30PM when I came to exit gate.
Old 10th October 2017, 14:26   #2328
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
A year back, I got my renewed passport even before the passport verification was done. I got my passport within 3-4 days of applying.

Now for a friend, it's been 2.5 weeks after applying & 1 week after police verification is done but the status still shows police verification pending and he hasn't got his renewed passport. Same city as me (Bombay), same PSK (Andheri) and same police station.

What's changed? Why did they start waiting for police verification before mailing your passport? Also how many days does it take for the police to inform the PSK that verification is done?
Friend finally got the renewed passport after a month. Passport Office took 2 weeks & Police Verification took 2 weeks.
Old 11th October 2017, 07:21   #2329
BHPian

Ok so submitted my application for renewal yesterday as my Passport was expiring in less than a year. Since this was a reissue with no change in detail, the only document asked was my current passport. The whole process took 2 hours cause they were unable to assign tokens for the first hour because of server issues. Once that was sorted it was one counter after the other. I also asked if my application can be upgraded to tatkal by just paying the fee. But was advised not to as then I would have to schedule another appointment. Have been told that the I should get my renewed passport in the next 10 days.
Old 23rd October 2017, 20:07   #2330
BHPian

Need to travel to the US next week for 5 days. My passport and B1/B2 both expire in 5 months.

From what I read, India is exempt from the 6 month rule and hence I should have no problems. Can anyone who travelled recently in a similar situation confirm?
Old 23rd October 2017, 20:41   #2331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Can anyone who travelled recently in a similar situation confirm?
This is true. I traveled in similar circumstances. But the immigration officer did have to lug out a fat manual to refer to and only then permit me entry.
Old 23rd October 2017, 21:33   #2332
NH7
BHPian

Awesome experience with PP renewal in Hyderabad. Applied online and was alloted next day for processing. 36 minutes in the PSK overall. Post police verification on the same day. The verification officer called in advance and politely inquired if he could come at 7.30pm, or the next day since it was late. No hints at grease money whatsoever. Passport received on the 4th working day after applying! In normal quota not even Tatkaal!! Impressive efficiency, I must say. Even the security personnel at the exit gate, was ready with the acknowledgement in hand, as I breezed past.
Old 24th October 2017, 08:17   #2333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH7 View Post
Awesome experience with PP renewal in Hyderabad.

NH7: Was there any change in your address?

Because of the division, the address that is stamped on my passport falls in AP. i am unable to book a slot for PSK at Hyderabad, site keeps suggesting me to go to Vijaywada PSK. Should the applicant be visiting the PSK within the state where the address falls?

Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 15:35   #2334
NH7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
NH7: Was there any change in your address?

Because of the division, the address that is stamped on my passport falls in AP. i am unable to book a slot for PSK at Hyderabad, site keeps suggesting me to go to Vijaywada PSK. Should the applicant be visiting the PSK within the state where the address falls?

Thanks
My original address( as on previous passport) was in bangalore. Current address is in Hyderabad. I quoted the Hyderabad address in my application. No trouble with selecting begumpet PSK- for the current address. Please check your application for column ' reason for renewal'; ensure 'change of address' is also checked, along with validity expiring etc. Trust this helps.
Old 2nd November 2017, 14:34   #2335
BHPian

Had a pleasant overall experience for our renewal (address change) and new minor passport:

- Filled & submitted the online application
- Paid the fee and chose the appointment time (Tolichowki, Hyderabad)
- Ensured all documents in place (I had all relevant documents with the same address)
- Reached passport kendra 30 mins before the appointment time
- It took an overall 3 hours from entry to exit (initial verification and different stages A, B & C)
- Appointment was on Monday
- Wife's case - passport expired, address changed, no verification, passport printed and shipped on Tuesday.
- Self - passport about to expire, address changed, post verification, passport printed and shipped on Tuesday.
- Son (minor) - new passport, pre-verification (surprisingly). Police verification completed on Tuesday, and passport printing started on Wednesday.
Old 30th November 2017, 15:27   #2336
Senior - BHPian

Renewed my and my wife's passport. My previous passport was issued from Bangalore and had expired in 2016. The address had changed but no police verification was required. Got my passport in 1 week. I didn't find any mention of the ECR/ECNR status on the new passport. My old passport had this on the 3rd page, don't they mention this anymore ?

My wife's passport had expired in 2011 and was not issued from Bangalore. She had to go through the police verification which went smooth at the local police station.

Overall I would say things have really improved these days after outsourcing it to TCS. You need to budget for 3-4 hrs for the PSK visit.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 30th November 2017 at 15:32.
Old 30th November 2017, 16:27   #2337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I didn't find any mention of the ECR/ECNR status on the new passport. My old passport had this on the 3rd page, don't they mention this anymore ?
They stamp ECR if required. But not ECNR if applicable. If you've had ECR and then submit the necessary documents to get that removed, it'll be cancelled and ECNR will be stamped.
Old 30th November 2017, 18:58   #2338
NH7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I didn't find any mention of the ECR/ECNR status on the new passport. My old passport had this on the 3rd page, don't they mention this anymore ?.
AFAIK the current practice is ECNR by default( deemed condition- no stamp).Only if you come under a specific category where Emigration clearance is required, then the ECR stamp will be affixed. Trust this clarifies your query.
Old 1st December 2017, 11:40   #2339
BANNED

Exactly as NH7 states. Nowadays ECNR is the default state. Only if required then ECR is stamped.
Old 5th December 2017, 13:22   #2340
Senior - BHPian

How long does the police verification in Bangalore usually take ?

My wife visited the local PS about a week ago and submitted the relevant documents ( gas and electricity bills in my name , along with our marriage certificate ), but the status still shows as pending verification on the passport website.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks