Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2018, 17:03   #2371
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Tripper View Post
Almost the same situation as mine. Did you have to visit counter C? And, does your acknowledgment slip mentions ON HOLD?
Yes, I did visited counter C. The status on acknoledgement slip is also On Hold. When I had got my wife’s and daughters passport renewed, they also had the same status mentioned. But they got their passport within 3-4 days.
I have raised a grievance on the passport website just now. Let’s see what happens.
Old 15th January 2018, 17:07   #2372

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Yes, I did visited counter C. The status on acknoledgement slip is also On Hold. When I had got my wife’s and daughters passport renewed, they also had the same status mentioned. But they got their passport within 3-4 days.
I have raised a grievance on the passport website just now. Let’s see what happens.
Ok. I was trying to understand whether the ON HOLD status is actually the reason for any worry or not. Till now, I tend to think it is, but now that you're saying that inspite of the same status your wife got hers in 3-4 days, then there must be something else. I need to travel soon and hence require the passport badly! Not sure what to do now than just wait and watch.
Old 15th January 2018, 21:35   #2373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Almost the same situation as mine. Did you have to visit counter C? And, does your acknowledgment slip mentions ON HOLD?
Yes. We did visit the C Counter and that's were the government officials granting the passport sit.

Nope. The word "GRANTED" was printed under the Application status.
Old 16th January 2018, 08:41   #2374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Yes. We did visit the C Counter and that's were the government officials granting the passport sit.

Nope. The word "GRANTED" was printed under the Application status.
Sure. Which PSK have you visited?
Old 16th January 2018, 11:55   #2375

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
My wife went to the PSK today to find out more about this. She was told that it takes 20 working days (Mon-Fri) for the police verification and overall 45 calendar days for the passport to be delivered.

Since it hasn't been 20 working days for us we've been asked to wait for now.
Hi, Though you have posted your query way long back and multiple things changed in the past, I am still facing the similar issue in my passport renewal even in 2018. Do you recall the chain of events that occur after re-visited the PSK and how long did it take for the passport to actually arrive at your place? Thanks.
Old 16th January 2018, 14:01   #2376
BHPian

Quote:
All went well there, did not have to visit counter C as the office at the counter B asked me to go towards the exit counter straight off.
Regards.
As far as I know, the final status is provided in counter C. My wife was not carrying her marriage certificate, as a result, she was asked to leave from Counter B.
At the exit, she was asked to bring the certificate next day and show it at counter B. Once that was done, she was asked to proceed to Counter C where "Granted" was stamped.
No police verification was done and the passport arrived in 2 weeks.

I might be wrong here, but counter B only verifies the original documents and certifies if the documents submitted are in order. The final approval or rejection is done in counter C.
Old 16th January 2018, 14:13   #2377

Quote:
Originally Posted by get2bid View Post
As far as I know, the final status is provided in counter C. My wife was not carrying her marriage certificate, as a result, she was asked to leave from Counter B.
At the exit, she was asked to bring the certificate next day and show it at counter B. Once that was done, she was asked to proceed to Counter C where "Granted" was stamped.
No police verification was done and the passport arrived in 2 weeks.

I might be wrong here, but counter B only verifies the original documents and certifies if the documents submitted are in order. The final approval or rejection is done in counter C.
What you are saying is making absolute sense to me. But the strange part is then why did they send me to exit after counter B? And, along with me, the majority of the people went straight off to the Exit counter after counter B. In all the receipt, the status was mentioned as ON HOLD.
Old 16th January 2018, 14:51   #2378
BHPian

You might want to call the PSK and explain that you were asked to leave from counter B; and that you did not even visit counter C instead of asking for a status.
Does anyone here know if anyone received their passports without visiting Counter C? I do not think that can happen, but I may be wrong.
Old 16th January 2018, 16:57   #2379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by get2bid View Post
Does anyone here know if anyone received their passports without visiting Counter C? I do not think that can happen, but I may be wrong.
Nope. I don't think so.

As per my experience, counter A & B personel are from outsourced company (TCS I guess). The personel at counter C is a Government authority who gives final approval & also decides if PV is required or not.

At least, this was in my case last year at Thane PSK.
Old 17th January 2018, 08:40   #2380

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
Nope. I don't think so.

As per my experience, counter A & B personel are from outsourced company (TCS I guess). The personel at counter C is a Government authority who gives final approval & also decides if PV is required or not.

At least, this was in my case last year at Thane PSK.
I probably have understood the core issue after days of slogging here and there.

Counter A is managed by TCS employees, Counter B by government clerks who just check whether your documents are in order, and the real desk is Counter C, which is managed by APO level government employees, who actually take a decision.

Now the trick. Due to heavy workload (so called), most of the Counter C executives are not inclined to take a look at the 'Normal' applications on the same day, and hence, majority of the applicants get 'On Hold' status and sent back saying that your work is done. These files go into their repository and they open them one by one, when they get 'time'! This is not true for 'Tatkal' applications wherein they must have to complete their work within the specified timeframe.

So in essence, my file is stuck somewhere now, with no one at the PSK or RPO telling me when should it get open and processing would start!
Old 17th January 2018, 13:04   #2381
BHPian

I Would like to share my today's passport renewal experience. So I wanted to renew my passport for 3 reasons
1. It was due to expire on Nov 18
2. I wanted to update the address
3. To add spouse's name

I booked an appointment online at Pimpri PSK(Pune) for today's date (17-Jan), the time slot I received was 10.45 am. Reached at the centre at 10.15 am. The counter C was empty, so got my document checked immediately. I was asked for the following documents by the lady on the counter
1. E-Aadhaar (Print of soft copy)
2. Electricity Bill photocopy (with original)
3. Photocopy of first two, last two and first visa stamping page of the old passport. (with original passport)
4. Appointment Receipt

I was then directed to counter A queue (there were 4 sub-counters A1 to A4 and 3 were operative) and there were about 12 people ahead of me. Had to wait 15 mins for my number. The guy at Counter A1 took my photo, along with thumb and remaining four fingers impression separately. He took few printouts and asked to sign me on couple of places. I also received Fee/Acknowledgement Letter. He then again directed me at the counter C where the lady collected printouts from counter A, along with the documents and appointment receipt.She stamped old passport as cancelled and I was free to go. I asked about counter B, and she said that it was not operational yet (I guess counter B is where government officials rechecks the documents)
The whole process was completed in 20 mins.

Few Observations while Renewing passport:
1. No white background photo was required (as mentioned in appointment receipt, I was confused about this and didn't carry any)
2. No documents like Marriage certificate, Spouse's Passport were required to add my wife's name.
3. No Degree certificate was required for Non-ECR.

There was also one display board outside reading something like, "This PSK provides less paper service, soon to become paperless".
Old 17th January 2018, 14:04   #2382
Senior - BHPian

I renewed my passport under the Tatkaal scheme today at Bangalore's Lalbagh Road PSK. Paid Rs. 3,500 for the 36 page passport, Rs. 100 for parking and Rs. 45 for the sms notification service.

My appointment was at 10 AM, and the reporting time was 945 AM. Reached the Passport office at 930 AM, waited in the portico for about 15 minutes till my batch was called, and went straight to the Tatkaal counter. Was seated for about 30 minutes before a token was issued to me.

From the issuance of the token, the job took about 30 minutes. Passed A, B and C counters in a matter of minutes, and was out by 11. At 1117 AM, I got a text saying that 'passport printing is initiated'.

The only documents I carried was my old passport, appointment receipt school leaving certificate (age proof) and my bank passbook (address proof). I had two self attested photocopies of all documents except the appointment receipt. I don't have an Aadhar card. None of the 3 counters looked at my 10th marks card for verification.

It was a smooth process.

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 17th January 2018 at 14:14.
Old 17th January 2018, 14:38   #2383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Pearl View Post
I Would like to share my today's passport renewal experience. So I wanted to renew my passport for 3 reasons
1. It was due to expire on Nov 18
2. I wanted to update the address
3. To add spouse's name

Very timely post for me. I am looking to renew my passport for exactly the same above reasons from Pune.

Few clarifications:
1. Was yours a Tatkaal application?
2. Any update on police verification? This is the tricky step in Pune is what I am lead to believe.

Last edited by feluda86 : 17th January 2018 at 14:38. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 17th January 2018, 15:18   #2384
BHPian

I have a question regarding my passport renewal.

The passport is valid till 2024 but it has run out of pages. Is the process for applying for new passport is similar to that of renewal when the validity is over?

Or is it simpler?
Old 17th January 2018, 16:00   #2385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
I have a question regarding my passport renewal.
The passport is valid till 2024 but it has run out of pages. Is the process for applying for new passport is similar to that of renewal when the validity is over?

Or is it simpler?
It is the same as applying for renewal of passport. If the address information or marital status has not changed, then normally there is no police verification. This should make it quicker for you to get the passport.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks