Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2018, 11:02   #2401
BHPian

For Tatkaal applications do we still have to give specimen verification certificate (annexe b)?
Old 4th February 2018, 14:34   #2402
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Yes, I did visited counter C. The status on acknoledgement slip is also On Hold. When I had got my wife’s and daughters passport renewed, they also had the same status mentioned. But they got their passport within 3-4 days.
I have raised a grievance on the passport website just now. Let’s see what happens.
So, its been almost 2 months since I applied for renewal, and my passport has still not arrived. It went for printing last week, but there has been no update yet. The passport sera call center is useless, they just repeat the same status which is mentioned on the website, and ask the user to take up an appointment to visit the passport office for more details.
Old 10th February 2018, 16:31   #2403
BHPian

I went last week for renewal to the Bellandur PSK (Bangalore) and it was horribly crowded, and it took me close to 2.5 hrs to reach the counter C and eventually exit. How I wished I had read this thread about the possibility of avoiding the police verification thing if I take along the Aadhar card. Anyway, now I'm waiting for the good folks at the HSR police station to call me, but it's already been 5 days and no news.

Few years back, when my wife went for renewal, the police verification happened just two days after the application. Does it take much longer these days?
Old 10th February 2018, 18:01   #2404
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
I went last week for renewal to the Bellandur PSK (Bangalore) and it was horribly crowded, and it took me close to 2.5 hrs to reach the counter C and eventually exit. How I wished I had read this thread about the possibility of avoiding the police verification thing if I take along the Aadhar card. Anyway, now I'm waiting for the good folks at the HSR police station to call me, but it's already been 5 days and no news.

Few years back, when my wife went for renewal, the police verification happened just two days after the application. Does it take much longer these days?
If there is an address change, police verification is mandatory with or without aadhaar. Just renewed for my wife. It took 5 days to get the call from hsr layout PS. They then took another 10 days to confirm. Now waiting for it to arrive.
Old 10th February 2018, 21:30   #2405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Do not wait for their call.

Please visit HSR PS with all the documents along with 2 PS pics

Waseem.
Old 10th February 2018, 22:05   #2406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
If there is an address change, police verification is mandatory with or without aadhaar...
I'm not sure if that applies to everyone. Me and my wife both renewed our passports from Bellandur PSK last May. Our earlier passports had Kerala addresses and new applications had Bangalore addresses. Still no police verification were needed for both of us and we got our passports within a week.
Old 11th February 2018, 23:10   #2407
BHPian

Quote:
It took 5 days to get the call from hsr layout PS. They then took another 10 days to confirm. Now waiting for it to arrive.
Thanks. It's somewhat saddening to know that things are going back in terms of response time of public services.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Thanks, was thinking of doing so, but refrained so that I don't look desperate and get subjected to 'ehsaan of pulling file out of turn'. Looks like I have to make a visit without invitation
Old 12th February 2018, 13:29   #2408
BHPian

Quote:
If there is an address change, police verification is mandatory with or without aadhaar..
Police verification is not mandatory with or without Aadhar. It totally depends on the person sitting at counter C. In my case, 3 people, all 3 address change, all 3 having Aadhar. Only 1 police verification was done. For the other 2, no PV was required. All went at different times and days within the same month though.
Old 15th February 2018, 18:00   #2409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Quote:
Looks like I have to make a visit without invitation
Went to HSR PS and this is how the conversation went:
Me: I'm here for police verif for passport
PC: Did someone call from PS call you?
Me: No, but it's been a week.
PC: Wait for our call and then come.
Me: Approx, by when would you call?
PC: We will call when we call . If we don't do it in 21 days, then you can come and ask us...
Not a pleasant conversation overall.

In other news, a colleague of mine (whose residence is in Bellandur PS jurisdiction) got the call on the day of PSK visit itself, went to PS next morning and his passport was dispatched the next day.

So, either the HSR PS is something different or I'm special
Old 3rd March 2018, 22:06   #2410
BHPian

Quote:
PC: We will call when we call . If we don't do it in 21 days, then you can come and ask us...
Update: A week later got a call, saying it's from HSR PS and if I'm at home. Said yes, and the PC came home for address verification. While I was initially peeved at them for taking long time, I'm glad that they are doing proper address verification instead of simply calling people to PS.
Old 5th March 2018, 13:32   #2411
BANNED

I am unable to find a link where you pay. Does it appear only after the application is uploaded, or is it hidden somewhere. I did find the link for the sms information charge.
Old 5th March 2018, 13:36   #2412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am unable to find a link where you pay.
it appears after you have taken the appointment. The form can be filled in later too if I am not wrong. I just did it for my daughter and her passport is still pending review post police verification.
Old 5th March 2018, 13:51   #2413
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by get2bid View Post
Police verification is not mandatory with or without Aadhar. It totally depends on the person sitting at counter C. In my case, 3 people, all 3 address change, all 3 having Aadhar. Only 1 police verification was done. For the other 2, no PV was required. All went at different times and days within the same month though.
I think if 2 or more things are out of the ordinary flow of things then they ask for a police verification. For example, if your previous passport was from a different state you may still get the new passport quickly. However, if your earlier passport was from a different state and in your address you have provided one where you have not been living for the last 2 years or so (there is a question to that effect) then they may request for a police verification. Essentially, 2 things have to fail together. That's what a passport broker was telling me a few days back.
Old 5th March 2018, 14:44   #2414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I think if 2 or more things are out of the ordinary flow of things then they ask for a police verification. For example, if your previous passport was from a different state you may still get the new passport quickly. However, if your earlier passport was from a different state and in your address you have provided one where you have not been living for the last 2 years or so (there is a question to that effect) then they may request for a police verification. Essentially, 2 things have to fail together. That's what a passport broker was telling me a few days back.
Not too sure about that. In my case, like I said, all the 3 passports were having the same old address and needed to be updated to the new address. All 3 shown address proof as Aadhar. All 3 lived in the same place for the last 5 years and moved together to the new address, But PV was done for only 1 passport. As far as I know, there was nothing different in the application between the 3 since I filled the application form for all the 3 renewals myself.
Old 6th March 2018, 17:42   #2415
Distinguished - BHPian

Got one renewal done last week. It was quick - got a Senior Citizen appointment in 3 days, and the passport arrived 3 days later. Started the process Sunday evening, and passport in hand on Friday. Police Verification on Saturday.

Only fly in the ointment was an unnecessary purchase of the pouch that Tata guys were selling. Anyone going to the passport office, I suggest you skip this one.

Most Viewed