Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2010, 15:08   #91
BHPian

I've setup a poll here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...up-2010-a.html

Maybe mods can merge it with this or another thread.

Quote:
The sound of those trumpets sounded more like buzzing mosquitoes than trumpets
yes, like buzzing bees - very irritating.
Old 12th June 2010, 18:40   #92
Senior - BHPian

nice game by korea. confident. first result in this wc.
Old 13th June 2010, 00:47   #93
Senior - BHPian

What..!! USA levelled the score. I feel bad for the English goal keeper. 45 in to the match and the score 1-1. USA side lacks some good finishers.
Old 13th June 2010, 00:49   #94
Senior - BHPian

^^ yeah USA was lucky to get this equalizer. Hope this doesnt prove too costly for England.

Edit: Argentina won the last match against Nigeria but they didnt really look too convincing in the 2nd half. I dont think they will go too far if thats the way they keep playing.
Edit 2: @Kaushik - Agree completely. Messi was awesome the Nigerian goalkeeper did make some really fantastic saves. I was also pretty disappointed by the passing. It just wasnt what you expect from a team like Argentina.

Last edited by sammyboy : 13th June 2010 at 01:03.
Old 13th June 2010, 00:53   #95
Senior - BHPian

Have you guys saw the Argentina Vs Nigeria match? It was awesome. Messi was brilliant with his runs but that Nigerian goalkeeper was really really good and stand tall to the challenge. If it was not the goalkeeper the score could've been atleast 4-0 instead of 1-0. Argentina is just picking up and I'm sure they'll get better only. But there are some worries at the midfield, many of the passes were just in vague and landed up in the opponent's feet. They needed someone like Riquelme.

That trumpeting is getting into my nerves already and I'm getting a headache because of that. It's highly irritating.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 13th June 2010 at 00:58.
Old 13th June 2010, 01:37   #96
Senior - BHPian

I dont believe the way England is playing. They have missed some really good chances. US is giving England a real challenge, in terms of the game and the yellow cards 3-3.
And yeah, the trumpets are driving me crazy too, sounds like I am sitting on a highway with trucks passing non stop with their incessant honking.

Final Score 1-1 USA Vs England.

Last edited by sammyboy : 13th June 2010 at 01:54.
Old 13th June 2010, 01:54   #97
BHPian

Yay USA got the tie at least! .
Old 13th June 2010, 02:02   #98
Senior - BHPian

Pathetic display by England. USA were unlucky not to make it 2-1. One shot came off the post. Let's see how the English media spin this one.
Old 13th June 2010, 02:16   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Pathetic display by England. USA were unlucky not to make it 2-1. One shot came off the post. Let's see how the English media spin this one.
USA almost won . The .gif of Green mishandling the ball is already up online heh
Old 13th June 2010, 02:33   #100
BHPian

To tell the truth, England is nowhere close to the hype made by media, especially to satisfy the vast majority of Indians who've seen nothing more than EPL

The team doesnt have good forward duo. Its all about Rooney. Defoe is totally out of touch; Heskey is too old to play this level and Crouch was never international quality

Gerrard and Lampard are too similar players, attacking midfielders by nature. They dont have a Xavi esque player who runs the show from deep as both of them cant pass around the ball but only attack forward and have shots on goal.

Lennon and SWP are diminutive wingers who dont offer much other than pace and occassional crossing. Adam Johnson who is much more technical should have been in the squad.

The goal keeper made a school boyish error. Joe Hart was anyway a much better choice
Old 13th June 2010, 02:41   #101
BHPian

The only reason for Argentina not winning the world cup is Maradona

Thanks to his ego problems, the team is probably half as good as it could have been

Cambiasso is one of the best deep playing midfielders in the world. Veron was pathetic in his passing and well beyond his prime. Cambiasso could have done better defensively as well as going forward

The defense of Argentina is a joke

Heinze may have scored but Zanetti, who had a great season for Inter Milan, is a much better defensive option

Maradona overlooked Gabriel Milito, the Barcelona CB. He has recovered fully from the long injury and had some wonderful performances for the club. Should have been an ideal partner for Samuel, being a ball playing CB

Argentina has had to drop Messi to almost midfield so as to have creativity. This wouldnt have happened if Riquelme, one of the best playmakers from South America in recent times, had announced his retirement due to issues with Maradona

to sum it up, Argentia does have a lot of stars but thanks to Maradona, they wont go a long way in the knockout stage
Old 13th June 2010, 09:03   #102
BHPian

Watched the 1st game of tournament between England and USA.
The typical problem of England with goalkeeper has not gone away so far.

In last WC James was below par and never looked like an international level GK and in WC2002 England's dream was over with Ronaldinho's free kick from almost the middle of ground.
And to make the matter worse,their coach dint even know which is their best GK and no one knew who will be their GK few hours before the game.

Anyway i never supported England except in 1990 where they were unlucky to loose in semi against Argentina via penalties.Othertimes they have been hyped up by their media and their unruly supporters.
Old 13th June 2010, 13:45   #103
BHPian

argentina will recover from this. seems that they got a scare from nigeria. Credit to nigeria who persisted with their attack instead of dropping deep. However, the forwards were too nervous to score..

Spain to go all the way
Old 15th June 2010, 13:42   #104
Senior - BHPian

Big match today

Portugal Vs Ivory Coast- hope i reach back home in time for the match

and also brazil takes to the field. Though it will be only North Korea, I would like to see how the boring Dunga's team performs. I was not able to see the confederations cup (except some portions of the retelecast) and also missed out on the qualifiers, so have never seen the new Brazil team

So guys, who are you rooting for in this group?
Old 15th June 2010, 14:07   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Defoe is totally out of touch
:O Do you really mean that? 21 goals in 42 appearances for the Spurs says he is in the best touch of his life. Capello should play him alongside Rooney. England has a relatively easy passage to the SFs, but it is a hugely overrated team.

Quote:
The defense of Argentina is a joke
Yep, Samuels and Demichelis are both a tad long in the tooth. Mascherano would provide good cover for the defence though. Higuain's finishing was woeful in the game against Nigeria, and I have no idea why Veron is still playing. I would swap Milito (Diego of Inter) for Higuain for the second game, although he has been wasteful in the past too.

Me rooting for the Netherlands, they need to play better than they did against Denmark though. And also Spain. Two teams who will play the most free flowing football in the WC. Brazil are always strong, but under Dunga the flair seems to have taken a backseat.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks