Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2011, 14:26   #61
BHPian

re: New trend: Credit card companies withdrawing fuel surcharge waiver and more!

This is completely opposite to the thread title but "Fuel Surcharge Waiver" was added as a feature on my Kotak Leage Platinum Card recently. The card did not have this feature when it was launched.
Old 24th November 2011, 15:02   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: New trend: Credit card companies withdrawing fuel surcharge waiver and more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I regularly use the HDFC Visa Signature card at Shell and it is swiped on the Axis Bank machine. I still get full waiver of the surcharge. For amounts > Rs 400.00, of course!

The day banks do away with this and annual fee waiver, I will get rid of my credit cards for good!
Edit: For this card, the fee is waived irrespective of the amount filled - even if it is just Rs 100.00. The Rs 400.00 limit applied to the Platinum card, before upgradation.
Old 24th November 2011, 15:48   #63
Senior - BHPian

IOC Citi Card gives fuel SC Waiver and Turbo Points which can be redeemed for fuel, so does ICICI. Another plus is you don't have to maintain bills as these are all there in the CC statement and its convenient for audit at end of financial year.
Old 5th March 2012, 19:21   #64
Senior - BHPian

Resurrecting a slightly old thread:

Which credit cards in India have fuel surcharge waiver across all fuel retailers currently? I used to have an Axis Bank Corporate Card till a few months back which had this feature, but did not renew the card since I got into an argument with the bank. Now all I have is a Citibank card which offers the waiver only at IOCL pumps. So I pass by the beautiful HPCL COCO pump on Old Airport Road every day, and fill at the run-down looking IOCL pump a few metres further :-(

My fills are usually full tank petrol, about 40 litres (give or take a few litres) a go.

I prefer (demand) my cards to have no joining, no annual fees, no hidden charges.
Old 5th March 2012, 19:41   #65
BHPian

HP is with ICICI cards. You get annual charges waived on spending 50000/yr on ICICI titanium-HP co branded card but no joining fee waiver.
Old 5th March 2012, 19:51   #66
Senior - BHPian

^I have a HDFC Titanium card which gives me surcharge waiver across all petrol bunks. The ICICI and HP co-branded card provides surcharge waiver with all HP petrol stations using ICICI swiping machine.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 19:57   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
HP is with ICICI cards. You get annual charges waived on spending 50000/yr on ICICI titanium-HP co branded card but no joining fee waiver.
But then I'm tied to HPCL. In another location/day I'd be passing by the shiny IOCL COCO and filling at the run-down HPCL one instead

The one I really want is Shell waiver. I think the HDFC works best - especially since it is my salary account bank and they have been trying to sell me a card for a while now.
Old 5th March 2012, 20:15   #68
BHPian

Yes, HDFC should work best for you. Since they are trying to sell you the card make sure you extract the maximum concessions out of them.
I am one of the rare souls in love with ICICI!
Old 5th March 2012, 20:41   #69
Senior - BHPian

Why surcharge is levied only on Credit card fuel purchases? To whose kitty it is going, the merchant or the bank.Previously if I remember correctly all high value transactions like jewellery shop purchases used to have some surcharge.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:08   #70
BHPian

i had opted for HDFC recently since there is no surcharge across any oil marketing outlets , also i use citi ioc card to use sometimes near my office . again half the IOC pumps dont have citi edc machine so again the useage is limited .
Old 6th March 2012, 11:47   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Resurrecting a slightly old thread:

Which credit cards in India have fuel surcharge waiver across all fuel retailers currently? I used to have an Axis Bank Corporate Card till a few months back which had this feature, but did not renew the card since I got into an argument with the bank. Now all I have is a Citibank card which offers the waiver only at IOCL pumps. So I pass by the beautiful HPCL COCO pump on Old Airport Road every day, and fill at the run-down looking IOCL pump a few metres further :-(

My fills are usually full tank petrol, about 40 litres (give or take a few litres) a go.

I prefer (demand) my cards to have no joining, no annual fees, no hidden charges.
Try SBI Cards. I'm using one and the fee for the Titanium card is around 450INR and they happily reversed seeing my transactions (Never asked). OH did i say that they have surcharge waiver in all bunks.
Top it off, reliability of SBI gives you piece of mind.
Thanks,
R
Old 21st July 2012, 14:25   #72
BHPian

Inputs from my end on Surcharges on credit card expenditures at Fuel stations. All details are when billing amount is between Rs. 400 to Rs. 4000 per transaction.:

1. American Express Gold Charged Card: Have to pay Fuel surcharges at all Fuel Stations except HPCL.
2. ICICI Bank Titanium Credit Card: Have to pay Fuel surcharges at all Fuel Stations except HPCL (but be sure to have it swiped on ICICI Machine at HP outlet).
3. Axis Bank Titanium Credit Card: No Fuel Surcharge at any of the outlets and one doesn't need to worry about the machine it is being swiped on either. This is the best of the three that I have.
Old 21st July 2012, 15:14   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
3. Axis Bank Titanium Credit Card: No Fuel Surcharge at any of the outlets and one doesn't need to worry about the machine it is being swiped on either. This is the best of the three that I have.
I had an Axis Bank Platinum Corporate Card which behaved the same. No joining fee, no annual fee, and no fuel surcharge whatsoever (no need to bill above certain lower bound, no need to ensure PoS machines are from a certain bank).

Now I have a Visa Signature Card from HDFC Bank. Joining fee completely refunded if you bill Rs. 15000 in the first three months, and annual fee completely refunded if you bill Rs. 50000 in a year. Behaves much the same as the Axis Bank one - doesn't matter whose the PoS device is, doesn't matter what the charged amount is.

Though starting May 1, they made some change to the system so that I was charged service charge, service tax on the service charge and education cess on the service tax, but the refund did not refund the latter two. I raised a flag, and they were polite enough to re-check and refund me all the money (a princely sum of Rs. 22 in monthly fuel bill of Rs. 7500).
Old 21st July 2012, 15:57   #74
BHPian

I recently picked up a HDFC Titanium card which came as an email offer (I am a HDFC account holder). It is free for life & has zero-fuel surcharge for purchases from 400 to 5000rs.

So, I now have the cards for fuel from following banks:
Citibank: surcharge free at IOC
ICICI: surcharge free at HPCL
HDFC: surcharge free every petrol station with spend limit of >400 to <5000.

I think every other bank gives these surcharge free, without annual fee cards. I still do not understand how can they extend credit for 30-50 days without any interest or annual fees. My only guess is that there are sufficient number of defaulters which will ensure that the bank can cover up for the small %age who pay up promptly.

BTW, after all these cards, my wallet was getting bulky & out of shape. So, have decided to keep some of the cards at home & just keep 1-2 on me as required.

Last edited by null : 21st July 2012 at 16:01.
Old 21st July 2012, 16:11   #75
BHPian

The card company earns 2.5 percent from all purchases on a credit card! In effect people paying cash are subsidizing our card use by paying as much as card holders do!!!!!

Most Viewed