Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2018, 10:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

Wrong name on DL - how to fix?

My Karnataka license has my name incorrect. My last name has been switched with the S/O category where my father's name should be. In India, this isn't a problem but I'm about to use this license to drive abroad and I'd like to get it fixed.

Anyone know what the procedure is at the RTO office? I'd prefer to do it the proper way than pay a tout, if that's possible.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask - looked around and couldn't find an appropriate thread.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 10:44   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Wrong name on DL - how to fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
My Karnataka license has my name incorrect. My last name has been switched with the S/O category where my father's name should be. In India, this isn't a problem but I'm about to use this license to drive abroad and I'd like to get it fixed.

Anyone know what the procedure is at the RTO office? I'd prefer to do it the proper way than pay a tout, if that's possible.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask - looked around and couldn't find an appropriate thread.
Did you look at the parivahan website - specifically "services under Driving license". I recently got my photo updated as the previous one was kinda mutilated. It was a smooth experience. Waiting to get the DL smart card as of now.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4397313
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 10:54   #33
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Hope this helps...
I recently happened to see that the parivahan website (link) has options to do the name correction, etc online, but no first hand experience to confirm it it really works!

Steps:
  • Go the parivahan site
  • Select "Online Service menu"
  • Under that menu, select "Driving License related services"
  • Select the state from the dropdown menu (Karnataka in your case)
  • From the "Apply online" menu on left, select "Services on Driving License (Renewal/Duplicate/Aedl/Others"
  • The page that now loads has all the details of the procedure (#6 is Change of Name on DL")

EDIT:
This thread is possibly a better place for this query:
Here

Last edited by NPV : 12th May 2018 at 10:58.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2018, 11:08   #34
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for the link - funnily enough, I now see that I posted there about the same issue when I first got this license but the Parivahan system wasn't up back then I guess!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks