Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 14:04   #16
BHPian

I used to experience this till about a few years ago and now the frequency has become almost negligible.

The unbeatable epsiode was when I was writing my 2nd year graduation exam. In the examination hall affter the question paper was distributed, as a habit I scrolled through it, and was able to only utter OM%G!!

I scored 95% marks in that mathematics paper though - because of deja vu or my preparation - I haven't yet figured out
Old 11th August 2010, 14:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
Where as DejaVu is "You remember of seeing that episode somewhere after it happens.
That explains. Thanks.

Reliable info - HowStuffWorks "What is deja vu?"
Old 11th August 2010, 14:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Is it good or bad? I've heard about Deja Vu but never actually felt it. Atleast there is nothing similar that I can remember.
Old 11th August 2010, 14:31   #19
BHPian

A few weeks back, my wife told me in the morning that she had a dream where i put a few scratches on our brand new car. We were going to watch Inception that day and while we were returning, I put a few scratches on the car ( the very same day she had a dream ). I put it down to coincidence though .
Old 11th August 2010, 14:47   #20
BHPian

I've also felt that twice. It's a strange and funny feeling.
Old 11th August 2010, 14:54   #21
BHPian

It has happened with me quite a few times. I experience something in a dream and then tte next day its out of my mind. And after few days/weeks/months when iam in the same situation doing what I was doing in my dream, it strikes me that I had already seen/done this earlier.
Old 11th August 2010, 15:40   #22
BHPian

i believe there is a confusion here between 'Premonition' and 'Deja vu'.

Premonition - you dream something and then it happens. can also be sheer coincidence.

Deja vu - you experience something and remember seeing that incident as a dream.

Essentially, premonitions are hints into the future where as deja vu is a feeling of repeating the past.
Old 11th August 2010, 16:36   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

I have not tried to track this, or analyze the nature of the action being done. But yes, I have often experienced this. Everthing seems to be the same - in the memory & the physical location. But the memory stops at just that moment - without progressing further in the event that is actually happening.
Old 11th August 2010, 16:48   #24
BANNED

yes. this has happened to me many times. And I have shared the experience as well to others. but I don't remember as what happened before that or after that.
Old 11th August 2010, 17:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
A few weeks back, my wife told me in the morning that she had a dream where i put a few scratches on our brand new car. We were going to watch Inception that day and while we were returning, I put a few scratches on the car ( the very same day she had a dream ). I put it down to coincidence though .
This is more like a dream which will happen in near future. it has nothing to do with deja vu.

in deja vu, its like, when you are in particular situation you get a notion that aaah well, you have been in this situation before.

regarding your wife's dream, my sister-in-law has this thing. Whenever she dreams something bad, if she doesn't share it, for sure it happens.

the last dream that she shared with me was regarding me and my family that happened in 2003. Me and my parents were in Ahmadabad for 12th grade admissions at GU (Gujarat University). In the evening i got a call from her and told me that she had a dream that we will be having an accident while returning home and so to be careful. At that time, she was not married with my bro, so i couldn't tell my parents about her dream and so i decided to drive home and be careful rather than my dad driving. Near Vasad while returning we were pursuing a trailer in 800 at a good speed of 80-90 kmph. My dad told me to overtake the trailer since its going too fast for its capacity when suddenly the driver braked and moved to left side in the ditch with the trailer sticking out on the road. I braked hard and when i stopped, the edge of the trailer was an inch away from passenger side windshield. It was a close call. When we resumed we came to know that buffaloes came in between so the guy had to brake. That indeed was eerie. But, before this, a dream of an accident to her family came and she didn't shared it with anyone and thought it couldn't happen. But later on that accident did took place, luckily there were only injuries.

So deja vu and this dream being realized is different phenomenon i guess.

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited by chevelle : 11th August 2010 at 17:11.
Old 11th August 2010, 17:15   #26
BHPian

Nothing spooky about this one. Its Deja Vu. It happens to me and for most people. Completely normal. Dont worry!
Old 11th August 2010, 17:25   #27
BHPian

Deja-vu: It happens when they change something in the matrix

On a serious note, it's all in your mind. Just like how signal interference happens in real world, signals to your brain also get mixed up at times. This disguises the brain to mistake the present as an already registered past event.
Old 11th August 2010, 17:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaLN View Post
It's probably our mind playing mind ganes with us :-)
LOL, this reminded me of that Calvin cartoon where he says"My brain is trying to kill me"

De Javu and those dreams where I fly, these two have been constantly haunting me since child hood! Anyone else who has this flying dreams thing? I keep flying to different places and when I get semi conscious and know that I cant fly, things get tricky!!

I LOVE CALVIN!
Old 11th August 2010, 19:14   #29
BHPian

I too have experienced this very often, more often when I was in School and college. Never knew there was an explanation to this, glad that this is normal.
Old 11th August 2010, 19:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

at least once I have experienced a deja vu where my mind was running seconds ahead of time, meaning I knew I had seen this before, but I also knew what that person was going to say next. May be my mind was just constructing events as they unfold.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks