Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 13:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmello View Post
ritz in new location is still the best place in mysore for excellent food and spot on service. that is the reason why, it has retained all its loyal customers from almost 40 years.
green leaf serves good food with top notch filter coffee.
butter chicken at top stuff is also great.
hanmanthu palav and chicken chops with idli at thegu mess in kalidas road is also great.
mylari dosa is very soft unlike most other dosas which are crispy.
GTR is a decent place for good south indian breakfast.
Where has Ritz moved to, now? What happened to the old place?

Can you give me directions to GTR from Sayyaji Rao road?
Old 8th September 2010, 15:09   #32
BHPian

Big Bite on Kalidasa road is also good. Its run by a couple from Gujarat and make delicious food!
Old 8th September 2010, 15:54   #33
BHPian

Where to eat at Mysore has always been a challenge during my frequent Bangalore-Calicut trips. We have been stuck with the Kamath (just outside city while coming from Nanjangud). What will be a good place for dinner considering the following

1. My wife and 2 yr old son is with me
2. clean place with non veg, reasonably priced and most important - something on the way so we dont loose time going around in the city. While coming from Calicut to Bangalore, I usually take the Mysore palace-KSRTC bus stand - five light circle - fountain circle - Columbia Asia signal route.
Old 8th September 2010, 17:15   #34
BHPian

while driving from bangalore , when you enter mysore, you get colombia asia hospital on right, then JSS medical college on right, LIC circle, fountain circle and here you take a right turn into the city. on the left is CPC polytechnic, next will be st philomenas church, continue straight. you will be entering ashoka road, go straight and just before the famous statue square, take a left turn. On this road you have a number of fine restaurants starting with viceroy, palace plaza ( dynasty restaurant), parklane, jewel rock, ilapur and hotel green ( this road is called as sri harsha road). you can join the calicut road from here without any issue.
Old 8th September 2010, 22:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Few place which me and my family frequent.

Green Leaf: Good south indian break fast stuff on kalidasa road
Hoghway 18: On Mysore Hunsur highway. Tried the breakfast items and its good and has a great ambience.

Hotel Ritz: The chilly chicken and chilly pork was to die for.

Roost: Food here was great at one time but wasnt great in my prev visit.

RR: Awesome chicken biryani and the meals are delicious.

Dasprakash: The old one near sayaji rao road has amazing BF and the plain dosa was my childhood fav

Nalpak: This guy has nice basundi!
Old 3rd November 2010, 22:08   #36
BHPian

1. KVC - nice dum biriyani. try the chicken tikka, it's good
2. Hotel Olio - try the buffet on weekends, good
Old 26th November 2010, 16:33   #37
BHPian

The Pulav at Hanumanthu is the one to have in Mysore , it never gives you an after taste of the masala , so well prepared . They give it on a bannana leaf and supply bisleri water as well . Very tasty . Its on the main Sayaji Rao road , you cross mughal durbar , you see a small temple on the left , cross this and take the left turn into the small lane .
The place is small but the food here is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Any reviews of a restaurant called Hanumanthu pulav,
Have heard good things about the pulav and I am planning to go to this place and Mughal durbar, the next time I am in Mysore.
Old 11th December 2010, 09:52   #38
BHPian

re: A Guide : Eating Out In Mysore!

I have heard some good review about GTR, however folks from Mysore are not recommending that hotel rather there is another list of hotels. So can someone tell me how is GTR?? Is it the same as MTR in Bangalore?

When I was in Mumbai, I have tasted different types of Dosa and I could not forget the Mysore Masala Dosa taste and the way it was prepared. I tried to check in Chennai for similar type of Mysore Masala Dosa however I could not find anything that tasty. Now question for Mysore folks, do we get similar kind of dosa in Mysore or Mysore name in that dosa is just for the name sake.
Old 13th December 2010, 12:04   #39
BHPian

Stayed in mysore for more than 4 months and have been a regular visitor too. Below are my findings:
1) GTR: Dosa is not so great, but the vadas are crispy and great.
2) There is a hotel named "Purohit" run by gujarati/rajasthanis. This is in the road adjacent to Mysore bus stand. Their meals is what I like, it is priced at Rs 70 and an unlimited phulka, sabjis, rice, etc..
3) Hotel Nalapak - Gokulam/Kalidasa road.
4) Roost - Nice place for a dinner.
5) Food street infront of Mysore palace during night - this is one nice place to what-ever you want. Especially the Faloodas and Kulfis are great.

Anup
Old 14th March 2011, 12:39   #40
BANNED

Planning a day trip to Mysore with family, i saw the list of places but not sure which one is the closest and the BEST for a great lunch near the Mysore Palace
Our plan is to reach Mysore by 11:30 and visit the palace till lunch time
Will request some folks who know Mysore well to suggest a nice lunch, if possible something authentic south indian( know about Dasaprakas but not sure how far its from the palace) and close as all will be hungry.
Don't mind a little upscale place with buffet maybe?
Old 5th April 2011, 15:33   #41

You must try Hotel Siddhartha. Their meals are good. There is ample place for parking and the ambience is also pretty neat. After you cross the bus stand and take the left (Its a one way and the road itself take a left so no worries..) go a little further and turn right. Its a big first right which you can't miss. The hotel is to the right.
Old 5th April 2011, 15:45   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Big Bite on Kalidasa road is also good. Its run by a couple from Gujarat and make delicious food!

Latest news is that Big Bite is shutting down.
Old 5th April 2011, 16:14   #43
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

people who like Non Veg, especially of the marine + freshwater kind will love Fish Land - the First one as you come out of Mysore on the Bangalore Road, not the second one. Both look very similar but the first one is way better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas.mys View Post
Latest news is that Big Bite is shutting down.
Old 5th April 2011, 16:48   #44
Senior - BHPian

@camchennai, The Mysore name is the name of the state, not the place. In fact I have heard that it was in Bengaluru that it was created by smearing the inside with chutney. But Davanagere Benne Dosa has the name of the real place!

Last edited by srishiva : 5th April 2011 at 16:49.
Old 5th April 2011, 17:23   #45
Team-BHP Support

For me the best place in Mysore is Parklane hotel. The restaurant there is known as the B**r(censored liquid) garden. Reasonable food and is very close to the palace.

Went there for a weekend and ended up having both lunch and dinner there. Very nice place to hang out with a group of friends.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks