Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2011, 18:16   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket World Cup 2011 thread

@mkh and @joslicx. I think you two need to relax. Let things unfold tomorrow. One day cricket is never really who is the better team. It more about who performs/clicks/fires on a particular day. We have had tournaments where there were best of 3 in the finals but not in this one. Here, who performs better on a particular day individually/team, its his day. So lets wait and watch.
IMO tomorrow is going to be a cat and mouse than a cakewalk. No one is going to give anything away cheaply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
OMG!!!
Nothing to worry, NZ nor SL were no worries for India in the finals. There is no team like the earlier aussies we need to worry about.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 29th March 2011 at 18:18.
Old 29th March 2011, 18:23   #407
BHPian

I do not want SL to win this game. I am cheering for NZ.

India is a better side than SL/Pak

Both those team play cricket for rivalry and nothing else.
Old 29th March 2011, 18:24   #408
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
so india is resting on 3 people! what about pak? resting on just afridi isint it??? who else is shining in their team?

and contrary to your claims this indian team is finally playing like a team and not a one man show. the other day raina raised to the occasion and carried the team to a win against the aussies when we wre 5 down. why isint that important or is it like every inning every body has to score a century to seem important in our eyes??? At different times different players have risen to the occasion in this team which is mark of a great team. Although yuvi has won 4 MoMs but the support cast has also been quite good. Generally we have played to the expectations, only coming little bit short against the Proteas.

I think people are giving too much credit to pak. their batting has been in shambles and only afridi and gul have had any impact in this tournament so far. their WK is a joke and fielding the less the better. There is no reason to fear them, as there are hardly any players in that team worth fearing. they were always expected to be in the quarters given the group they were in, and there they beat a windies team that has absolutely nothing to offer to the cricket world now. sarvan, chandrapaul etc are NOT one day players. I'd have loved to have a Pak SA Quarter Final, sadly didnt happen. That would have been a better guage of their quality. Didnt they lose to NZ, of all teams!!!
I do not think any other player has risen to the occasion except the 3 i mentioned. Raina did support yuvi, but the key there WAS yuvi. The way batting has collapsed, it did not even have to come to raina and yuvi to win it.
Pak batting has underperformed,agreed, but the strong bowling and the way they are working as a unit, they are one of the best in the lot. Lets not just put them down cause they are pak, all cricket brains are putting their performances as a team so far as good enough to go all the way. Any team that beats the world No 1, has to be taken with the right approach, where did "fear" come?
I do not understand this- "there are hardly any players in that team worth fearing"
Afridi on his day can kill any bowling attack completely and also any batting . Shoaib is a shadow of what he was, feared by all batsmen at his peak and can never be underestimated.
Umar gul is one of the best bowler in One days today. The factor to look out for is that Pak are known to finish strong, they raise their game a notch up against india( not that india does not)
Putting it purely objectively- Pak has been a better performer of the lot of teams so far, that said none really has been a "team to beat" in this cup. SL are proving to be one, now.
As far as the loss to NZ, any team would have wilted under the assault that Taylor did, once in a while NZ produces that magic.
Anyways, i see no point here to carry this on, we all are entitled to our opinions.
Coming to the game today- what a waste of a semi final going by things that a team like NZ comes in. Hope they can prove me wrong by making a fight with the ball, who knows as they did defend a small total against SA
@Prince- agreed, its the team on the day that matters, am just putting my observations objectively, no emotions

Last edited by mkh : 29th March 2011 at 18:26.
Old 29th March 2011, 18:33   #409
Senior - BHPian

Unlike England bowling and fielding, NZ have a better bowling and fielding side, I feel its a bit tough for SL to win by huge margin unless the NZ would want them to go to the finals very easily by giving away unrequired runs.

Hope the SL too fall like a pack of cards.
Old 29th March 2011, 19:15   #410
Senior - BHPian

Wow what a catch be Jessie Ryder. Unbelieveable. I hope that lifts the team.
Old 29th March 2011, 19:33   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Wow what a catch be Jessie Ryder. Unbelieveable. I hope that lifts the team.
yeah, that was awesome and single handed too! i hope NZ wins
Old 29th March 2011, 19:52   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
India is resting on 3 people, sachin, zaheer and yuvi so far. Except 2 games, when has sehwag fired? One against minnows bangladesh amongst the 2. What about gambhir and kohli? Patchy is the right word and Bhajji is just not able to get wickets!
SL is relying on Dilshan, Sangakkara because their middle order sucks and has'nt yet been tested to that extent this WC. Pakistan batting i have no clue on whom they rely on . I hope Sehwag fires tomorrow to prove you wrong !! Kohli has not been getting fixed batting no. else he has been quite consistent. The only worry for Indian team from my side is Munaf Patel( get Sree) and Bhajji's & Dhoni's poor form. Else it seems like a solid unit. May we thrash Pakistan tomorrow!!
Old 29th March 2011, 20:14   #413
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
SL is relying on Dilshan, Sangakkara because their middle order sucks and has'nt yet been tested to that extent this WC. Pakistan batting i have no clue on whom they rely on . I hope Sehwag fires tomorrow to prove you wrong !! Kohli has not been getting fixed batting no. else he has been quite consistent. The only worry for Indian team from my side is Munaf Patel( get Sree) and Bhajji's & Dhoni's poor form. Else it seems like a solid unit. May we thrash Pakistan tomorrow!!
I too wish sehwag fires, cause when he does its so exciting. There is nothing about proving me wrong dude(what is there to prove in my post??), he has not played the role he should in crucial matches as its his game to go all out. We all want india to win, even i do, but lets not discount we are up against a strong team and need our strength which is our batting to perform. I think it will be a good tight match, not one sided. I guess thats about it from my end on this topic, we will enjoy cricket tomorrow.
Old 29th March 2011, 20:22   #414
Senior - BHPian

Sril Lanka marching their way to the Finals quite confidently. Dilshan again playign an imp role.
Old 29th March 2011, 20:30   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Sril Lanka marching their way to the Finals quite confidently. Dilshan again playign an imp role.
looks like SL is gonna pull another England here! not taking chances, just knocking around. doesn't look good for the NZ right now. they need wickets!
Old 29th March 2011, 20:34   #416
BHPian

India v/s Sri Lanka final

India beat Sri Lanka by 5 wickets

India win the World Cup

PERIOD
Old 29th March 2011, 20:36   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82rawath View Post
India v/s Sri Lanka final

India beat Sri Lanka by 5 wickets

India win the World Cup

PERIOD
oi! we got a bookie here! he knows the outcome of the WC already
Old 29th March 2011, 20:40   #418
Senior - BHPian

I don't want two Asian teams playing the final. New zealand do something quicky.
Old 29th March 2011, 20:46   #419
Senior - BHPian

TO WIN: 81/ BALLS: 133

unless a miracle unfolds, i think NZ is going home
Old 29th March 2011, 20:55   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
oi! we got a bookie here! he knows the outcome of the WC already
SHHHHHH

I am just a confident Indian fan, lol ...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks