Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2011, 21:17   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rescued a street dog after a crash-Need Suggestions

He may be feeling good and which is why he left. Definitely he will come back to your area one day. That is for sure. Usually doggies are like that. He will not forget his savior.

Last edited by rajeev k : 5th December 2011 at 21:19.
Old 5th December 2011, 21:38   #77
Senior - BHPian

Dont worry,

The Dog will come back. Maybe the dog felt lonely and tried to go back to its mates.

I have heard that a cow cannot stray, am sure that holds good for dogs too.
Old 5th December 2011, 22:03   #78
Senior - BHPian

Don't worry Akshay, dogs can find their way back over many kilometers and probably he has gone back to his old beat.

The Doberman I reported to Blue Cross had vacated the place the same night and did not return. I heard from a colleague that her husband spotted a stray Doberman from his office window yesterday, and people were moving out of it's way in consternation! His office is in T Nagar (Venkatanarayana Road), about 5 KM from ours. Must be the same dog, and he has negotiated heavy traffic to get there somehow. Hope he stays out of harm's way and some good samaritan rescues him.
Old 6th December 2011, 06:35   #79
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Hi Akshay.
Dogs do have a strong homing instinct. However, the street dogs have a very strong streak of independence and a desire for their freedom.
In a way it is good that he has buzzed off to find his pals.
But dont worry, he wont forget your kindness - dogs are one of the few creatures left on this planet, who are blessed with the virtues of unconditional love and gratitude.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 20:51   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
He escaped through the bushes during the night.
We tried to look around for him till afternoon,but all attempts went in vain.

He is missing,We will try again tommorow.
Just hope that he is doing good.
Well, actually it's not that bad news at all. Stray dogs are meant for the streets after all. Being freedom lovers, territorial and survivors, they are a milder version of the animals in the jungle.

You did the best that you could do! Hats off to you for that. You gave him love and what he needed at that hour. He can never forget it unlike humans and will always owe it to you. Now quit worrying and don't get possessive. The boy will take care of himself. After all so do so many unfortunate critters in this human dominated world.
Old 8th December 2011, 15:06   #81
BHPian

Super effort man, i am your fan. I call it the test of being human which you have passed with flying colours.
NST440 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 00:27   #82
BHPian

Quote:
I honked at him,and slowly,as he was moving away,little did he know,what fate had in store for him.

I am a dog lover and i love to notice behaviour of street dogs on roads.

Today in the afternoon,while driving,i came across this black and white fellow,standing in the middle of the road,i requested him to make way for me by honking gently,and he politely obliged.Suddenly i see his friends charging at him,and in excitement probably,he ran,as i watched this in the RVM,within a matter of seconds,the worst had happened,he was run over by a motorcyclist,who himself came crashing down badly.Within a few seconds,the biker was helped by people riding along,and he was taken away in another vehicle(he suffered minor injuries).
The poor black soul was nowhere to be found(i had stopped now and watching this in RVM ).Suddenly my heart skipped a beat,as i saw him lying by the roadside still,i feared the worst.Still i turned my vehicle and crawled towards him,there was no one around him,and the biker guys had already left.Suddenly i notice him get up(i smiled),he jumped and collapsed badly.He was in pain.
Confused and startled i crawled away from the spot,clueless on what to do.But my conscience didnt allow me,and i rushed back home,for water,meanwhile i had a word with dad,who being a dog lover himself accompanied me,and then we decided that we cant leave him to die by roadside,as expected,when we reached the spot,he was alone,wailing in pain.He refused to take any water,then we safely wrapped him in a cloth and put him in scorpio's boot,and called the vet.
Akshay , more than anything else , I RESPECT YOU for what you have done !!
Not many people have the heart, the soul and the courage to do what you have done .

Me and my family are dog lunatics and i thank you from the bottom of my heart for your act.

He might have gone away to meet his friends and family , but he will always remember you as his saving soul and will most probably come back soon.

Once again mate , great work you have done , my respect for you has grown by leaps and bounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Found this male Doberman curled up on the platform outside my office, when I went to have a banana after lunch. The petty shop fellow said he is lying there since morning and not going anywhere. Bought a packet of milk bikis and called the dog, and he immediately got to his feet. Poor chap ate up the entire packet. Then curled up again in his corner.

He is quite old - must be more than 10 yrs in my estimate. Thin as a rake and blind in the left eye. Very refined in his manners and it is obvious he has seen better days.
I so wanna kill people who abandon their dogs when they turn old !
How crude can people be ! I so wish i could use offensive language right now , but i value my tema-bhp membership more than wasting words over such rubbish people .
Lets hope your efforts to have him rescued turn out to be successful .

P.S.
This happened with me today .
At present im interning at the district court in dehradun .
Today morning as i parked my car and got out , i saw a couple of people gathered around staring at something .

What i was told was that an over speeding auto had run over a small pup , he was about 2 months of age . He and his brother were playing when this speeding auto ran over him and drove of without being bothered to stop and at least check.
What i saw was that his other brother also of the same age was literally sitting besides him moaning and his mother was coming racing towards him from the other side of the road.

I went ahead in order to check him fearing the worst and my fears came true .
He was dead.

I picked him up and put him on the side of the road, found the sweeper , payed him some cash to ensure he would dig up the ground and bury him properly .

Really sad starting to the morning , but was much relieved after reading this thread that team-bhp is not only a community of automobile lovers but also a community of animal lovers . Loved to see the overwhelming response by many bhpians on this thread.

Keep it up people .
Old 9th December 2011, 15:48   #83
BHPian

I am a dog lover and my kids are crazy about the streetdogs that call our street their home. Almost every night left overs or a loaf of bread is fed to these doggies. The kids have named these doggies and they respond to their given names. It is very heartening to see that so many Team- Bhp members are dog lovers. May this tribe grow!
Regards,
Ashphil
ashphil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 00:13   #84
BHPian

A very good deed Akshay. You touched my heart man. Even I used to feed a dog near my place for 2 years and even she was hit by a speeding car. I remembered the time I had taken care of her and tried every possible recovery but she succumbed to her injuries. Reading your post bought a tear to my eye. God will bless you. Praying with all my heart for speedy recovery of your dog. Please do let me know if you need any help.
razrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 00:55   #85
BHPian

Rated this 5 stars, just for the sake of LOADS of tenderness and love. Nice, to know some real petrolheads having human hearts.
yogesh.janghel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 23:01   #86
BHPian

Quote:

1)Should i get him operated upon?,the surgery can be done at a place,which is 3 hours drive from our hometown.(the doc also said that it will probly heal on its own too with time).

2)He is not eating,we gave him milk and egg,and water,but he isnt touching anything.

First of all let me appreciate that you cared so much for the dog. If I had been at your place then I won't have gone back home to think twice about the poor chap just for the reason that I have experienced such incidences many times.

My recommendation to you is that you should take the dog to the local NGO that takes care of dogs and ask them to take care of him up for adoption. There are a lot of actual dog lovers who adopt stray dogs (I myself pet two strays)

Call up this no. 09810000254, She is Mrs. Geeta who heads up an NGO in Delhi by the name of Frendicos Seca, she might not take your call during the day as she is a professor in a college, so try a few times in the evening and ask her where is a good NGO in your city, I am sure she must be knowing it. These guys are doing a brilliant job, I have taken many hurt dogs and seen them operate them efficiently. They even make sure that the dog gets adopted soon from their shelter.

Keep up the good work brother.
Berry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 10:10   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

I came across this puppy adoption booth yesterday in a Craft Exhibition, at Palace Ground, Bangalore. Its only street puppies available for adoption, not for sale. It was good to see a few of them going home with kind humans! If any one interested can contact the number/email mentioned in the below poster.
Attached Thumbnails
Rescued a street dog after a crash-Need Suggestions-dscn2200optimized.jpg  

Rescued a street dog after a crash-Need Suggestions-dscn2197optimized.jpg  

Rescued a street dog after a crash-Need Suggestions-dscn2198optimized.jpg  

Last edited by arun_josie : 12th December 2011 at 10:11.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 11:08   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I came across this puppy adoption booth yesterday in a Craft Exhibition, at Palace Ground, Bangalore. Its only street puppies available for adoption, not for sale. It was good to see a few of them going home with kind humans! If any one interested can contact the number/email mentioned in the below poster.

It is next to impossible to get an Indian breed now, unless you approach a dedicated breeding co-op. and pay a hefty amount. Almost all the street dogs/puppies are mongrels. Even the last one in the list, is extremely difficult to come across in it's pure form in cities - though we can have it for free!

The following are some of the very good Indian breeds, now almost extinct except in some pockets:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajapalayam_(dog)

Kanni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mudhol Hound - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chippiparai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Combai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indian pariah dog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Gansan : 12th December 2011 at 11:11.
Old 12th December 2011, 16:12   #89
BHPian

Thank a lot for saving the Dog.

Sorry if I am late, but I can contribute to the dog's operation. Please get him operated if not already..
Old 12th December 2011, 20:09   #90
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for all the support guys,I am overwhelmed.
He was examined by another vet today,according to him,he is too weak to sustain a surgery as of now.So he has advised complete rest for him,and the leg has been tied,to provide support.
He is eating normally,we are feeding,him milk,chapatis,and eggs.
Will probably switch over to chicken stock,tommorow.
And two injections per day have been advised for him per day.
I could see,from his face,that he was not in pain.
Hats off to you. God Bless you!

When could it be right for the operation then according to the doctor?

Willing to help in sharing the cost!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks