Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2016, 18:50   #406
BHPian

Re: Road rage confession

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Yep!
As an outsider I find all the same.

For me, driving in Delhi is equally stressful as driving in Noida/Gurgaon/Faridabad.
Yes, funny it is, to see how our behavior changes in the absence of authority. Traffic policing in Delhi may not be top notch but it is still better than the adjoining cities.

And which is why the moment people cross over into noida gurgaon, jumping red lights, wrong side driving becomes normal for them. The sad part is that it permeates across people of all strata.

I'm not saying that driving in Delhi is good, its just that it is relatively better than Noida, Ghaziabad,at least on the major roads, highways, etc.
Old 14th March 2016, 11:05   #407
BHPian

So, not a good start of the week. Got up a little late, got massive traffic on curry road bridge in Lower Parel. Those in Lower Parel, Mumbai would specifically know the horror of this bridge with the traffic post 0930 hours.

Not a surprise, but a bike acrobat decided to squeeze behind my Safari & left a scratch. I've kind of got okay with it, thinking they're retard, but today I LOST MY COOL. I cornered him & asked him to stop. He tried to escape as always, but I keep cornering him. Reached a point where he in an attempt to escape, rammed into a couple of people on the road!!

Hence my road rage got transferred & I left smiling. I'm just after I left as well, the guy surely must have gotten his 'just deserts'. AND, I can maintain I did not act completely upon my anger.

The scratch, as it turned out was just a minor bruise & can off, so all in all, a good start of the week.

Regards,
Rohan
rohansachar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 10:42   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
So, not a good start of the week....got massive traffic on curry road bridge in Lower Parel. Those in Lower Parel, Mumbai would specifically know the horror of this bridge with the traffic post 0930 hours....
I feel you bro! Lower Parel used to be my daily commute and was a nightmare that I am glad i no longer have to endure. My Linea had been sideswiped by a Toyota Corolla on the Elphinstone Bridge ... that on a languid Saturday morning.
PGNarain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 11:02   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
A different kind of Road Rage !!
I have witnessed it. This rage can be seen every day in Sirsi which also my home town. As per KSRTC personnel that bus had met with an accident in the town and had killed a calf which was kid of that cattle and KSRTC personnel have also repainted this bus to avoid the rage of this cattle. Strange thing is that cattle still recognizes the bus and attacks every time when the bus comes on that road.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th March 2016 at 11:05. Reason: Removing video from the quoted post.
meetbadri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 11:12   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
I have witnessed it. This rage can be seen every day in Sirsi which also my home town. As per KSRTC personnel that bus had met with an accident in the town and had killed a calf which was kid of that cattle and KSRTC personnel have also repainted this bus to avoid the rage of this cattle. Strange thing is that cattle still recognizes the bus and attacks every time when the bus comes on that road.
Coming to think of it, a very sad moment indeed.
While it sounded and looked funny to me and others upon seeing the video initially, offlate I feel hurt for the poor mother / father of the dead cattle :(
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 17:46   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post

Lol +1 to that. Sirsi is my hometown too and I have witnessed so many incidents involving vehicles and cattle especially in inner village roads.

And the sentiment people have with cattle is amazing, if you happen to touch their cattle be sure, you're going to get into a tussle with the locals.

I have had these incidents during the biannual Sirsi fair when there are people and cattle everywhere and they would always get aggressive with me since I drive a Bengaluru registered car.

After speaking in the local dialect and getting aggressive myself, they would back off.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
Old 15th March 2016, 19:04   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
I have had these incidents during the biannual Sirsi fair when there are people and cattle everywhere and they would always get aggressive with me since I drive a Bengaluru registered car.
Yes.. I agree with you, even though I know many people in Sirsi I personally try to avoid this kind of situation whenever I drive to Sirsi. Especially during the Marikamba Jaatre (Fair) I park my vehicle in my house and take two wheeler which completely changes the way how people treat me.
Old 17th March 2016, 15:18   #413
Senior - BHPian

Classic Road Rage Build Up

Scene: Heavy traffic. I am on right lane. Two wheeler comes on my left. Rider is super busy talking to pillion (hand gestures). Comes in front of me. I honk. He continues his busy talking ride. Suddenly notices another two wheeler popping out from a lane on his left. Without any care of anything behind / around him, he swerves in front of me. I brake hard and let a honk. Rider gets pissed off and angrily gestures me to go ahead. I stop and tell him to drive carefully. He shouts at me saying "you car guys can fly, is it ?".

I had my kid and father in the car. So gave up. Otherwise, I would have got down and dragged him to the police station with my dashcam footage.

This is probably how road rage begins.

Two wheelers riders in Bangalore have gone down to the ultimate level of low class mentality.

Soumyajit9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 18:49   #414
BHPian

City: Gurgaon. Location: Sector 56. Road from Hong Kong market that leads to Kendriya Vihar.
Confession: I was driving around this after noon coming from Kendriya Vihar side when I saw an auto standing on the left side of the road and a Mahindra trying to make a U turn. I was hoping that the Mahindra would stop and let me pass but he made the turn by the time I got on the spot. Clearly, I was stuck as a swift was now behind me and because of the U turn didn't see the alto coming from the other side. Now, the alto standing behind the Mahindra rolled down his window and started abusing me (evident from his shouting) and showing me hand signals. I rolled down the window and asked him - "What are you saying mate?" [Kya bol raha hai bhai]. I could have said a lot of things but saw he was sitting with his wife or daughter so I stayed shut. Waited for the alto to leave, [there was a lot of space for an alto on my right but maybe for him it was a little tight] did a burnout and headed home. Nothing major happened but somehow I was really hurt. It wasn't as if I had hit his car or anything. Was also feeling guilty because I reacted in a rash manner and executed a burnout. There was no need for that. If any of the cars involved are on TBHP - I am sorry ! I am not perfect.
Old 29th March 2016, 00:11   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRaccoon View Post
Was also feeling guilty because I reacted in a rash manner and executed a burnout.
The thing with all the emotions flying around when driving is that the person who is at the receiving end of the result of another's traffic violation (lets call him victim) expects either an apology or at the very least, to be seen as the victim by those around him, the violator (lets call him the aggressor) expects his violation to be ignored by both the victim and the witnesses or he will be willing to manipulate the situation to his advantage by yelling loudly and/or brisk hand waving indicating that the world hasn't ended, move on!

This happens ONLY when people have either their leg or their hand over an accelerator, that piece of metal that they are sitting on gives them the right and privilege to bend conventional interactions because escape is only a push/turn away. I would be lying if I said that I didn't lose my temper to an auto cutting me off, biker cutting me off, cabbies cutting me off, you get the drift. One experience though, made me aware of what mood fluctuations can do when in control of a vehicle.. there was this biker who was ahead of me in a signal fighting with an auto-driver on how he was stopped from crossing the signal on time by the auto which cut him off (usual stuff), then he appeared to be quiet whilst waiting for the green to come on and when it did he raised the throttle and had nothing but unobstructed space ahead of him and yet he came down crashing (no injuries) while the auto sped off. The emotions gripped him so much that he lost his balance.

Tempers do flare-up when behind the wheel, at certain situations. Keeping quiet is sometimes detrimental because that gives the other more leverage to push the blame, but its important to understand that arguments are to be done to just to vent and move on and not to cause malice or trigger worse sequence of events. I've had autos abuse me just because I'm waiting at the red (instead of breaking the light and moving), bikes scraping the car when I'm parked etc, if necessary I am going to raise my hand and tell the truth about their fault and I wont back down from it, however I leave it there and just drive on because I wont stoop to their level.

What has helped me prevent road-rumbles is remembering the fact that my time and my peace are important in the end, I drive with the responsibility of safety that is expected of each and every motorist. Any two random strangers cannot see eye to eye on 99% of things, why should that change on the road? Between blame shifting and war-of-wits, its impossible to expect a logical resolution even WITH facts.

Last edited by dark.knight : 29th March 2016 at 00:17.
Old 29th March 2016, 03:22   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Two wheelers riders in Bangalore have gone down to the ultimate level of low class mentality
That rider getting pissed of because you warned him that he is going to get hit because he decides to use the road as his dining table to have conversation taking one hand off has nothing to do with class. Do not make it a class issue and become a racist through class differentiation. Class is over rated.

I would put it this way and say these are educated fools who have no respect for others and themselves. This dinner conversation is heights of idiot'ness, and to top that screaming at you for honking is the height of retardedness he exhibited.

Yellow shirt scooter rider, if by any chance you read this, you are a MORON and please dont put others life in danger.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 10:55   #417
BHPian

Today, unfortunately I was a part of a road rage incident, I was driving to my office via gunjur-carmelram road, near karunanidhi college a guy in White Hyundai i10 KA53-MA-8989, was continuously honking and asking for a pass. People who have gone by that road will know how narrow it is & added to that I have a figo & a cement truck in front of me.

I am a rule abiding guy, if there's no room to cross, there's nothing I could do, I have maintained my speed in my lane, the guy in i10 couldn't wait he was trying to cross me, came beside me & started to curse me, I was pissed, I have asked him to take a side, my idea was is to have a dialogue as he seemed to be well dressed IT guy.

He got down, started to talk in Kannada & began to beat me, push me onto my car etc.. this process happened for 10 minutes, this exactly happened in front of a new construction "Adithi Bliss" in Gunjur. In all the time that he beaten me, I managed to give him one slap out of frustration. I have managed to stop him, told him will call Police, he says, "whose car you think it is?". I told him I will raise a police compliant. He went furious in his way. I have remembered his reg no, called 100 and registered a compliant, they have logged a hit n run case and asked me to go to police station to log a compliant.

What should I have done to avoid this? Should I have let him go in the lane by stopping a side? What makes some one bigger than the other? Following rules is so bad? Some one will give a horn and I should stop the car and let him go? I will do it only for Rescue Services like Ambulance, why should I do to him? Apparently all 10 minutes of beating he was shouting on me, why didn't you give me a side? don't you respect horn?, what if both cars touched? Seriously? If there was a way I would have given.. there was none!!! I am attaching the reg details of the car. Pls suggest what needs to be done.

I am completely devastated by goons and morons who were dressed up like Literates, I am devastated and confused.
Attached Thumbnails
Road rage confession-incident.jpg  

90Horses is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 11:09   #418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Horses View Post
Today---------SNIP------
Are you trained to defend yourself?
You're feeling bad because being pushed and abused at the side of the road causes much more anguish than looking for quick layby ASAP and letting a staring monkey through. That will only play on your mind for about 3 minutes. The bossing around, that plays for a longer time, with "I should have, I could have."

If you want to stop someone, in India, you should be ready for the worst. Will he be physical, could he have a gun. Louis philippe has a lot of stores everywhere. The local politicos toilet cleaner may be dressed like an IT professional.
So, if you're invincible, then get out. ELse, that was the wrong thing to do.
His asking for side does not make a bigger person. 1, its probably a compensatory move for, you know....
2, could be in a hurry, could be he has many toilets to clean.

You're not bending over if you're letting someone through. There's no trophy at the end.
mayankk is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 11:35   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Today, unfortunately I was a part of a road rage incident, I was driving to my office via gunjur-carmelram road, near karunanidhi college a guy in White Hyundai i10 KA53-MA-8989,

I am completely devastated by goons and morons who were dressed up like Literates, I am devastated and confused.
Feel sorry for your ordeal mate.

Do not spare these scums, good that you have already spoken to the cops, launch and official compliant and also post this ordeal on BTP FB page to make sure its out there in the public view so that the culprit doesnt play dirty game along with cops.
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 12:15   #420
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am a rule abiding guy, if there's no room to cross, there's nothing I could do, I have maintained my speed in my lane, the guy in i10 couldn't wait he was trying to cross me, came beside me & started to curse me, I was pissed, I have asked him to take a side, my idea was is to have a dialogue as he seemed to be well dressed IT guy.
With all due respect, what kind of a dialogue were you expecting to have with a person who evidently had no sense, which was amply clear from the way you described his driving?

You should have just let it go. But now that all this has occurred, why not just go to the police station and file a complaint?
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks