Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2015, 13:41   #391
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Road rage confession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

Just found this piece of gyaan on facebook. Thought would be appropriate here

Attachment 1421329
So true! Thanks for sharing, gonna try to stick it to someplace visible from the driver's seat.
Old 8th October 2015, 14:58   #392
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin11 View Post
Even in front of a supposedly "goon" with flinging a rod to attack you, full of rage, punching at your window?
If within 30 secs to a minute, you could have approached and said, that you will take time, he either would have taken a different way out or not have gone violent.

Which you did not do & on purpose took more time than necessary.

Quote:
Being a BHPian, I sincerely expect sir that you would have helped someone like me in changing the tyre (or at least came out to inspect) rather than shouting/screaming to give way if you were driving off the road?
What..? I need to say further?

And diffeeent set of behaviour to be followed by you & me?

I could have helped if you needed, but you know you didn't. You were merely holding one up on purpose and sorry, but I don't help these kind of people.

Quote:
But I do agree it was totally my mistake. Had I not held him up for that long, the chapter would have closed then and there. In those early years of driving, I was a crazy driver trying to correct/punish every wrong driver on the road. Eg - I would try and correct every car with high beams at night, I would not let anyone cut across my lane, and even let anyone closely tail me. As time passed, I stopped caring for them and ignore these people totally.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th October 2015 at 15:05.
Old 8th October 2015, 20:29   #393
BHPian

An incident that happened some time back.

I was waiting at a crowded signal, on my way home. To my front left was this old couple (old enough to not to drive actually) on their Dio, with a kid in the front. The signal went green and as expected, all the traffic started to rush. And suddenly from our behind two guys raced past us on their Honda CBR250R. The old man as such was not comfortable by the traffic rush, and due to this sudden overtake maneuver, he lost his balance and they fell down. The woman bruised her knees and was the most hurt of the three. I was enraged (a confession ) by seeing this and decided to chase that Honda and do something. But the 2 guys had stopped ahead. A few others were helping the couple to their feet. I asked a fellow biker to inform the police and bring them to the scene and until then, I just went and stood near their bike. The two guys did not say anything or try to flee. Perhaps they were under pressure that their bike's number must have got noted by someone among the public, or may be due to the fact that these days our city traffic police catch school-college goers and young brats having these sports bikes, take custody of their vehicles and summon their parents. The cops came and straight away took custody of their bike.

I went to the couple and asked them about their well being and address and offered them a help, that I shall follow them till they reach their house safely. They accepted it and I accompanied them till their house. A glass of water, hand shakes and a happy ending to the evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
But, (still unanswered) question is:

Until what point, are supposed to "let go" "say sorry" and keep moving?

Ace.
An unanswered questionnaire for me too! I've been thinking of answering this question of yours since many days.

You've put up the classification of 'A', 'B' and 'C' really well. We all encounter the 'C' types most of the times. But as prudence shall demand, we don't react to all the encounters. However, at least for me, that does not mean that we've to let go the 'C' & company every time. In a case of an incident or an accident, I gauge the situation and then decide whether to get involved or not. And once I decide to, I take complete responsibility of the consequences. Someone, due to their fault or deliberate mistake, cause a harm to me and others and then instead of apologizing, back up by arrogant behavior, and I've to let go of them every time, because they may be goons or influential people. I just don't accept this. Sometime or the other, I've to react. If not, I shall have no right to complain about anything.
Swapnil4585 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 10:52   #394
BHPian

Travelling to Gulmarg (Srinagar) few days back, we were overtaken by a Innova (taxi), I was amazed to see a girl the backseat hanging on the window, balancing herself with just the handle at the top of the seat (Clearly blown over by the scenery, I guess).

But problem is, in case of any accident, medical help in these remote areas is non existent. So why play with your life.

Sorry about picture quality, were taken on mobile from my car
Attached Thumbnails
Road rage confession-img_20151005_120708.jpg  

Road rage confession-img_20151005_120631.jpg  

amit_snk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 10:53   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

That is so dangerous. She is almost half hanging out of the window and any sudden maneuver by the driver can lead to her getting thrown out of the car and more horribly into the ditch on her side. This thread keeps surprising with the extent of lack of common sense people show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
To my front left was this old couple (old enough to not to drive actually) on their Dio, with a kid in the front. The signal went green and as expected, all the traffic started to rush. And suddenly from our behind two guys raced past us on their Honda CBR250R. The old man as such was not comfortable by the traffic rush, and due to this sudden overtake maneuver, he lost his balance and they fell down. The woman bruised her knees and was the most hurt of the three.
The school/college kids are definitely a menace albeit of our own creation and its good their bike got confiscated. Although as a token of appreciation they had the decency to stop and not flee away. I doubt it would be because someone might have noted their license plate number. Kids don't think so much according to me. Moreover they hadn't actually hit anyone, so can't be blamed for the old man losing his balance.

On the other hand aren't the old couple also at fault for driving when they clearly should not be ( going by your description). After all they are also being a menace or obstruction to normal flow of traffic. Countless times, I have encountered old men driving their scooter in the fast lane at crawling speeds and refusing to budge, forcing the traffic to overtake them from left.

Last edited by ampere : 11th October 2015 at 11:27. Reason: Back to Back posts merged
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 12:38   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I doubt it would be because someone might have noted their license plate number. Kids don't think so much according to me.
In August, our city traffic police had started a drive against mostly school-college goer kids, and those who have these big bikes. The vehicles were taken into custody and parents were summoned in the RTO. Later on the police warned the parents that if their pupils were found guilty of wrong driving, driving without license and requisite papers, etc, the police would file a case against the parents straight away. I think that drive has helped the cause to somewhat extent. Coming onto sports bikes (all the Yamaha 150cc and above clan, Pulsar family, Honda CBR, etc), guys owning these bike are always looked as culprits. Hence in such incidences (the one that I outlined), they are the first ones to bear the brunt of the public anger.

Quote:
On the other hand aren't the old couple also at fault for driving when they clearly should not be ( going by your description). After all they are also being a menace or obstruction to normal flow of traffic. Countless times, I have encountered old men driving their scooter in the fast lane at crawling speeds and refusing to budge, forcing the traffic to overtake them from left.
I agree with you completely on the first two statements, more so on the last statement. While helping the trio to their home, I advised them to keep left so that neither the traffic is hindered, nor they feel uncomfortable. My guess is that the old man won't venture out during peak rush periods.
Old 11th October 2015, 19:22   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_snk View Post
Travelling to Gulmarg (Srinagar) few days back, we were overtaken by a Innova (taxi), I was amazed to see a girl the backseat hanging on the window, balancing herself with just the handle at the top of the seat (Clearly blown over by the scenery, I guess).
I once knew someone who was doing that. Car had an accident. All survived, but him. It was just a fender bender at moderate speeds. The guy was thrown out, and hit his head hard on the road.
Old 12th October 2015, 07:50   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_snk View Post
hanging on the window, balancing herself with just the handle at the top of the seat (Clearly blown over by the scenery, I guess).
I guess, she just wanted to fly into the valleys, and wanted a platform for take off.

One loose grip for a nano second and she would be literally flying into the deep gorges and valleys.
Old 6th November 2015, 10:13   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

My route nowadays is such that if I started raging, I'd probably have a full UFC season everyday TO the office, and another one coming back as well.
The majority of the traffic is oncoming, with a lot of people from Ghaziabad heading towards the DND side of noida. So a lot of wrong laning, red light skipping, pothole avoiding monkeys on cars, bikes, cabs, buses, rickshaws, autos, as well as goods guys en route to the ghazipur mandi are always in my lane.
I just stop my car in my lane, rather than barge into people, or if I can, I tag along behind a bigger vehicle if he's doing moderate speeds.

Last evening, coming back home, an innova cabby with some mates was taking a U turn in front of me. He was the biggest one I could find tag along with. In my attempt to take the turn with him, I nudged its rear aftermarket bullbar. (That, by the way, is a product which I feel is on cars belonging to inconsiderate, hopelessly bad drivers.).
He moved ahead and started opening his door. I started coming alongside him. I just raised my hand, and told him through the open window, "Sorry boss. Didnt realize I would hit your bullbar."
That sort of defused the situation. He closed his door again, and said, " You dont have any damage, yeah?". Total topsy turvy response!
So you CAN come out without your garments in a twist in such encounters, if you try. In places. This is Ghaziabad, after all. But you can...

And no damage.

Last edited by GTO : 10th November 2015 at 14:39. Reason: No political discussions please
mayankk is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 08:12   #400
Senior - BHPian

A different kind of Road Rage !!

Soumyajit9 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 19:38   #401
BHPian

After shifting to Noida, I have come across an absolutely different set of car drivers. There is only one word to describe the way they drive - crazy. Wrong lane is a norm here in Noida. In my last 6 months of driving in delhi, there was not even a single instance when I hard braked but come Noida, and I find myself doing that almost every other day.

It has been instrumental in bringing out the really nasty, dark side of me on the road. It feels so bad to write this on the forum but I have been using the choicest words during my entire commute to work and back. I used to think that I have made peace with such errant drivers, but how wrong was I!

Today morning, a lady in Honda accord was driving with one eye on phone and the other on road. The road in question had two-way traffic with no dividers. After driving zigzag for some time, she gave a left indicator at the verge of left turn and then decided to park right there. When cars started honking, she signaled everyone to move forward. And this is just one instance, there are multiple instances where people blatantly ignore driving etiquette. Its hard to imagine how things will be when roads in Noida, especially closer to expressway, have traffic volume similar to Delhi.

Last edited by lordvader : 19th February 2016 at 19:42.
lordvader is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 15:13   #402
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday night, just outside my apartment.

It's a small service lane leading up to the apartments. Usually one lane is occupied by parked cars leaving barely enough space for 2 cars to pass each other.

This Dzire comes blazing at me, high beams on. I wait for a few seconds for him to dip but he doesn't. I switch to high beam and turn on all my aux lights. The Dzire gets angry and moves to the center to block me. Then slowly starts moving past me shouting "why are you blinding me". An elderly gent of 65+ in driver's seat. I politely show him the blue mark on his dash and ask to switch to low beam when there are cars approaching him. Since he blinded me, I had to switch on these lights to "see". Anyway, we moved on.

After parking the car, felt bad about unnecessarily starting an altercation. Maybe I'll just heave a sigh and let such drivers be. No point trying to educate people.
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 15:57   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
After shifting to Noida, I have come across an absolutely different set of car drivers.

Its hard to imagine how things will be when roads in Noida, especially closer to expressway, have traffic volume similar to Delhi.

Haha! I find it really funny when people say drivers in Delhi are much different than drivers of Noida or Gurgaon. I have stayed in Delhi/NCR for 3 years and I find all the same.
Old 29th February 2016, 16:14   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Haha! I find it really funny when people say drivers in Delhi are much different than drivers of Noida or Gurgaon. I have stayed in Delhi/NCR for 3 years and I find all the same.
Er, really?
I have the same observation, as lordvader on this. Something goes click in a driver's mind, who was driving perfectly normally when he crosses over into noida or gurgaon. Insanity! Apart from the regular traffic there.
Red lights, one ways, turns, everything!
Old 29th February 2016, 16:18   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Er, really?

I have the same observation, as lordvader on this. Something goes click in a driver's mind, who was driving perfectly normally when he crosses over into noida or gurgaon. Insanity! Apart from the regular traffic there.

Red lights, one ways, turns, everything!

Yep!
As an outsider I find all the same.

For me, driving in Delhi is equally stressful as driving in Noida/Gurgaon/Faridabad.
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks