Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2006, 19:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

This whole issue is just being blown out of proportion. Its nothing but to extort money from John since hes quite a celeb now. If you see the bike has just frontal damage which shows that he wasnt really fast. If he was fast there are chances that John would have something more than a fracture.

Another story of how to make a celeb a scapegoat aka Salman Khan
Old 9th April 2006, 19:25   #17
BANNED

This is all speculation. Who's fault it is, who was speeding, who was jaywalking, who threatened who, who extorted money...no one here was present at the time of the accident, so everything is just speculation.

Having said that, enjoy yourselves!
Old 9th April 2006, 19:26   #18
BANNED

Agreed Dippy.. As I said in an earlier post, the media has a happy knack of blowing things out of proportion, and the extortion angle that you speak of is true as well.
ps.. Garvit.. thanks for staying on topic.

Last edited by 2L8uLoose : 9th April 2006 at 19:30.
Old 9th April 2006, 21:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
This whole issue is just being blown out of proportion. Its nothing but to extort money from John since hes quite a celeb now. If you see the bike has just frontal damage which shows that he wasnt really fast. If he was fast there are chances that John would have something more than a fracture.

a similar case was that of saif ali khan who was also being taken to court even after the victim said he had no issues
Old 9th April 2006, 23:14   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
As I said in an earlier post, the media has a happy knack of blowing things out of proportion
welcome to the world of media
whatever really happened cops would surely benefit from this.

manson.
Old 10th April 2006, 00:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
This is what rediff reports:

The pedestrain in question was not hurt at all.
i am not commenting on the case till i hear more ... but to reply to this statement quoted above

as far as the charge for negligant driving is concerned ... if proven guilty ... he will be liable for the same.... the cyclist/pedestrian not being hurt is inconsequential in this respect... it only means no or minimal damages, to be paid to the cyclist/pedestrian... apart from no additional charges against john

Last edited by Fiero : 10th April 2006 at 00:10.
Old 10th April 2006, 00:13   #22
BHPian

As per latest info from lilavati hospital, no fractures, his leg is bruised/ sprained no major injury.
I have some contacts in Lilavati Hospital.
Cheers...Major
Old 10th April 2006, 10:02   #23
Team-BHP Support

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Our motor vehicle law is one of the most outdated and irrational things ever written on paper. I know first hand the rubbish that goes on, and the crap that gets written in police reports.

Frankly, according to our law, you don't need to bother too much about who is really at fault, as it is always the fault of either the larger vehicle, or the wealthier person. Everything else that lead upto, or caused th accident is simply matter to fill up the pages of both the police report and the newspapers.
Rtech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2006, 11:26   #24
BHPian

my take on this would be that becoz john was on a bike, and coz he is a celeb, he is going to go thru all the rubbish. agreed that he might be fast but he is the one who is more injured as he has hurt his thigh and his head hit the pavement. only for his helmet he isnt injured so much.

secondly, two ppl riding a bicycle is itself against the law, but no action would be taken against them. did the cycle have any reflectors. i have my doubts. this is pure case of the price one pays when he is a celeb.

shubbhi
Old 10th April 2006, 12:15   #25
Team-BHP Support

Reports say there were 2 guys on the bicycle. Isn't that illegal? Generally, pandus waste no time in deflating the tyres of bicycles that have more than 1 person on them.
But, our weird laws state that the larger / safer vehicle is at always fault. Poor John!
If India is to move on, all organisations run by the Government need to be scrapped and reinvented. The entire system is extremely corrupt, outdated and incipid. The real law breakers get away, while innocent citizens pay the price. People with morals are teaching us morals.
Old 10th April 2006, 12:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Our motor vehicle law is one of the most outdated and irrational things ever written on paper. I know first hand the rubbish that goes on, and the crap that gets written in police reports.

Frankly, according to our law, you don't need to bother too much about who is really at fault, as it is always the fault of either the larger vehicle, or the wealthier person. Everything else that lead upto, or caused th accident is simply matter to fill up the pages of both the police report and the newspapers.

Completly agree with you buddy. Have been in similar situation though once i was lucky as I had a small accident with a trailer. Though it was his mistake I did not know how to react when the Thana Incharge said 'Choti gaadi ko jaane do badi ko rakho' Boy even when I wasnt at fault I felt glad at being in smaller vehicle(Had Omni that time).

Bottom line Law sucks & to top it you have Media which will create big news out of small incidence.

Btw was this news flashed as Breaking News on News Channels
Old 10th April 2006, 13:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
Scapegoat when people sleeping on footpath get crushed below your SUV while you are supposedly drunk and driving?
Old 10th April 2006, 13:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

I too was aghast when I first read the post. But, I guess Dippy was referring to the black buck shooting issue where Salman was indicted.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 10th April 2006 at 13:52.
Old 10th April 2006, 13:58   #29
c10
BHPian

Hi, saw the news yesterday and the bike's front is smashed...the news said that he knocked 3 guys who were crossing the road and this was coz the headlamps were not On and John could not see the pedestrians in time...
Old 10th April 2006, 14:18   #30
Team-BHP Support

ported this is your chance to get a 600 cc engine.

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks