Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2013, 16:10   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Road Rage by VIPs/ Actors/ Other Big Personalities

Just read about this incident that can have you fuming too. Happened in Hyderabad.

Ram Charan Teja, son of Minister/ Actor Chiranjivi had a brawl with some techies when his Aston Martin was not given 'pass' by the techie's Alto. The techie later maintained that he could not give way to the 'luxury' car behind because of traffic congestion. Later the actor's son called his body guards who punched the techie in his face

That is the state of law order in our country. On another note, that's how we make them big and they really become bigger.

Source:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/19903972.cms

PS: Thanks moderators for moving the post to a relevant thread.

Last edited by saket77 : 6th May 2013 at 16:39.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 16:54   #122
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/19903972.cms

Quote:
HYDERABAD: Actor and Union minister Chiranjeevi's son Ram Charan Teja was embroiled in a roadside brawl on Sunday. The actor's bodyguards reportedly assaulted a software engineer for not giving way to his Aston Martin on the busy Road Number 1, Banjara Hills on Sunday afternoon. However, police did not register any case as they claimed the victim did not lodge a complaint.
This is a perfect example of an idiot arrogant driver who thinks that road is his private property.

I am amazed how police simply brushes off these incidents. If it is not nipped in the bud, VVIP menace is going to get bigger. Com'on police, show some spine.
Old 6th May 2013, 17:02   #123
BHPian

Re: How would you deal with VIPs and their Bodyguards on the road?

The way I look at it is that these are GUTLESS people who pretend to behave all brave with bodyguards around. I have my doubts that anyone will do a 1 on 1 face off without any thugs standing behind them.

It's become a nuisance!!! If they are so arrogant about being rich, I wonder why they can't afford a private chopper to beat the traffic!!!!!
Old 6th May 2013, 17:19   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
It's become a nuisance!!! If they are so arrogant about being rich, I wonder why they can't afford a private chopper to beat the traffic!!!!!
Please don't give this idea to them. They might hold up a passenger aircraft some 30,000-40,000 feet above in the air and thrash the pilots for not giving landing priority!

But seriously, there is hardly any effort by the law makers and police to curb this nuisance. Thankfully, The Supreme Court of India has ordered to take off the red beacons from unauthorised cars. Now the Supreme Court should come up with the definition for 'celebrity status' too, as to we know who actually ARE celebrities. Every tom, dick and harry can these days can come on tv, participate in some useless shows, big boss, roadies etc and become a celebrity. Hardly anybody know them.

Really feel bad for people here. We pay them in form of taxes which are utilized to buy them luxury cars, SUVs, houses, security and all and get back corruption, road rage, humiliation and exploitation.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 17:24   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Please don't give this idea to them. They might hold up a passenger aircraft some 30,000-40,000 feet above in the air and thrash the pilots for not giving landing priority!

No dude, the cops can't do anything in this regard, it's just that common CIVIC sense & good upbringing is missing nowadays. There is a complete disregard for another fellow being.

Try the Kolhapur to Pune highway & you will know exactly what I mean. Most drivers use that highway as if it was their private road & they are doing us a favor for using that road.

Last edited by mb_jg : 6th May 2013 at 17:25.
Old 6th May 2013, 17:36   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post

No dude, the cops can't do anything in this regard, it's just that common CIVIC sense & good upbringing is missing nowadays. There is a complete disregard for another fellow being.
I came across this thread by Normally_crazy and my blood was literally boiling. That is heights of humiliation.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...died-nose.html
Old 7th May 2013, 07:55   #127
Team-BHP Support

How would you deal with VIPs and their Bodyguards on the road?-ramcharansecuritybeateanitengeners20.jpg

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/13050...-more-pictures
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 10:58   #128
Senior - BHPian

There is another picture in TOI today that shows one of the safari-clad guys kicking the guy in purple shirt. Height of belligerence! This had better be nipped in the bud if the government wants a peaceful society. Others may not be as docile as those poor chaps who got assaulted.

But while on this, let us admit that we don't know if those guys were really not allowing a free passage to the film star. I've myself seen several nitwits driving cars criss-cross and not allowing me to overtake even when there is ample room. If this were the case, there is reason for the other guy to get cut up, but in no case does it entail calling up some goons to bash up the errant drivers.
Old 7th May 2013, 11:32   #129
BHPian

The ALTO has a L board and baby on board sign.
Not sure what has happened but this is not the way to settle scores.

No one can save this country.
Old 7th May 2013, 18:40   #130
Senior - BHPian

Re: South Indian Movie stars and their cars

Just came across this news article on NDTV.

"Hyderabad: On Sunday, it was reported that Telugu actor Ram Charan Teja's bodyguards had beaten up two software engineers at a traffic crossing in Hyderabad because their vehicle was blocking the way of the filmstar's fancy Aston Martin."

Source : http://www.ndtv.com/article/south/pi...rossing-363534

Regards,
h@r$h@l is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 18:52   #131
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Just came across this news article on NDTV.

"Hyderabad: On Sunday, it was reported that Telugu actor Ram Charan Teja's bodyguards had beaten up two software engineers at a traffic crossing in Hyderabad because their vehicle was blocking the way of the filmstar's fancy Aston Martin."

Source : http://www.ndtv.com/article/south/pi...rossing-363534

Regards,
What is this Ram Charan fellow's claim to fame other than the fact that he is Chiranjeevi's son and Dr Pratap Reddy's grandson in law?
This kind of ego mania has got to be stopped.
I hope those software engineers had taken photos of the incident and file a case against the filthy fool and his stinking servitors...
About time that these blighters stopped thinking that they are above the rest of the people...
shankar.balan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 21:24   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
What is this Ram Charan fellow's claim to fame other than the fact that he is Chiranjeevi's son and Dr Pratap Reddy's grandson in law?
I hope those software engineers had taken photos of the incident and file a case against the filthy fool and his stinking servitors...
About time that these blighters stopped thinking that they are above the rest of the people...
This is a serious threat to democracy and must stop. The blame squarely falls on all of us who watch and do nothing and or the guys who have had to undergo this. We must all find a smart and intelligent way/solution to stop this and empower the citizenry
canonball is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 02:13   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Just came across this news article on NDTV
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
We must all find a smart and intelligent way/solution to stop this and empower the citizenry
Apparently, they did not file a complaint. Don't know what the techies were threatened with to not register a complain. From the 'baby on board' sticker on his car, am sure he has a little kid and a loving wife at home. A little relieved he wasn't with his family this particular instant.

I also remember reading somewhere Alto was blocking the free left on that junction. Though now that am searching for it, just not able to locate it. But in any case, this is absolute disregard for law and order and sets a dangerous precedent.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle4687678.ece

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...ref=sliderNews

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...how#im-image-0
Old 8th May 2013, 12:48   #134
BHPian

I think the actor's Aston Martin is still running on Applied For plates

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
This is a serious threat to democracy and must stop. The blame squarely falls on all of us who watch and do nothing and or the guys who have had to undergo this. We must all find a smart and intelligent way/solution to stop this and empower the citizenry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Apparently, they did not file a complaint. Don't know what the techies were threatened with to not register a complain. From the 'baby on board' sticker on his car, am sure he has a little kid and a loving wife at home. A little relieved he wasn't with his family this particular instant.

I also remember reading somewhere Alto was blocking the free left on that junction. Though now that am searching for it, just not able to locate it. But in any case, this is absolute disregard for law and order and sets a dangerous precedent.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle4687678.ece

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...ref=sliderNews

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...how#im-image-0
Old 8th May 2013, 16:57   #135
Senior - BHPian

Actor Asif Ali booked for tailgating Minister Jayalakshmi's convoy in his BMW X3 with the DRLs on - Video Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks