Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2014, 17:47   #181
BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus_the_virus View Post
Wrong. They have a card payment module which is plugged into the exec's Tab and you can swipe your card on it. This is how I paid when I extended by couple of hours
As you might have noticed from my earlier post, I have booked Zoom cars from almost every location in Bangalore and i have not heard of such a provision. Wherever i go, they hand me a Tab to do the payment. Could you throw some more light on it?

Members, have you seen any such provision in any of the Zoom car pickup points?
Old 1st July 2014, 17:57   #182
BHPian

re: Zoom Pay & Drive, New Self Drive Option in Bangalore, Pune! *UPDATE* Now in Gurgaon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus_the_virus View Post
They have a card payment module which is plugged into the exec's Tab and you can swipe your card on it. This is how I paid when I extended by couple of hours
Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
Members, have you seen any such provision in any of the Zoom car pickup points?
Yeah searchingheaven I totally with Cyrus, even I have paid through my card while hiring BMW 320D in September last year at Chancery Pavilion as there was some technical issue while booking online.

Regards.
Old 2nd July 2014, 03:05   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
As you might have noticed from my earlier post, I have booked Zoom cars from almost every location in Bangalore...
Mind if I ask why you have overlapping bookings on the 18th and 26th of June?

And no, I haven't actually seen either a CC machine or any sort of reader attatched to their tab.
bravo6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 04:21   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo6 View Post
Mind if I ask why you have overlapping bookings on the 18th and 26th of June?

And no, I haven't actually seen either a CC machine or any sort of reader attatched to their tab.
18th June: Zoom had just launched the A-Class and i wanted to drive it. But my CBR was out for servicing, and hence i booked a City from Banshankari(walking distance from my house), went to Koramangla, parked the City & took the A-Class out for a spin. Same process while returning back.

26th June: Was in Trinity Meadows, Bellandur at that time. Urgent work, only car available was the XUV. Booked it from midnight to 3 AM. The work got extended, while the booking couldn't be extended(another member booked it from 3 AM). Saw a City at silk board and booked it.
searchingheaven is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 08:33   #185
BHPian

Very interesting. Can someone tell me if I can submit my car (sell or lease) to zoom and they include it in their fleet by charging the registration+tax+ permits? Reason I'm asking is because I have a car I may want to sell but not doing that just because I'm not getting a good price in the market.
Old 2nd July 2014, 09:11   #186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditto View Post
Very interesting. Can someone tell me if I can submit my car (sell or lease) to zoom and they include it in their fleet by charging the registration+tax+ permits? Reason I'm asking is because I have a car I may want to sell but not doing that just because I'm not getting a good price in the market.
Nope, they add only new cars to their fleet. Currently all cars are bought and owned by Ramesh tours and travels.

Meru Genie has this option to add your own car to their fleet and share the cost. You need to have a driver for the cab though.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 12:35   #187
BHPian

Let us see how they do their pricing in Pune. I look forward for a 1 day 3 Series ride.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 13:04   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
Let us see how they do their pricing in Pune. I look forward for a 1 day 3 Series ride.
Same here eagerly awaiting their website to get updated so that I can hire 3 series or A class for a joy ride
athanedar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 18:29   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Same here eagerly awaiting their website to get updated so that I can hire 3 series or A class for a joy ride
If Zoom manages to get their hand on newly launched vehicles, they might make more money on joy rides and test drives than from the rental service.

It would be nice to do a detailed test drive at your own pace without the sales guy insisting you to return to the showroom after driving a few hundred metres!
bravo6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 09:21   #190
BHPian

Do you know the colors of the A Class they have at various locations?

Last edited by uday.ere : 5th July 2014 at 09:23.
Old 5th July 2014, 10:38   #191
BHPian

I have posted this on Street experience section but didn't get response. This thread seems more apt for my query.

Booked Ford Ecosport with Zoom for a week starting 14th July. Paid everything in advance and I hope things work out as per reviews.

I am traveling to coorg with wife and Infant. I have to pickup car from Yeshwantpur Magnum Honda.

Its an evening pickup do I need to take any special care-do's-dont's?

Any input is helpful. Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 13:07   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
I have posted this on Street experience section but didn't get response. This thread seems more apt for my query.

Booked Ford Ecosport with Zoom for a week starting 14th July.
Its an evening pickup do I need to take any special care-do's-dont'?
Any input is helpful. Thanks
Don't worry, everything will be according to plan. Ensure that you point out every scratch/dent, & the fleet executive notes it down. Take detailed pics before picking up the car. Its rainy season, therefore check wiper blades before leaving BLR. If they don't work properly, change them at any shop and keep the reciept as well as the old blades. Zoom will refund this expense(as well as any other small expense under rs. 1000). Keep fuel bills(for refund). Ask pump attendant to enter car number. Check tab charger. Those micromax tabs/chargers sometimes don't work.
searchingheaven is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 10:13   #193
Senior - BHPian

Zoom has brought in a new tariff structure along with introducing a 5000/- refundable security deposit.
The new tariff is very economical. A figo can be rented for as low as 60Rs per hour which includes 10KM. But they have brought in a minimum billing of four hours.

Rented the e20 yesterday from Brigade Millenium, the process couldn't have been more simpler.
Kudos to Zoom
Old 11th July 2014, 10:15   #194
BHPian

Zoomcar have revised their price structure and from today onwards they're charging INR 5,000 as Security Deposit(Refundable) for each booking.

Attaching the mail sent by Zoomcar.
Quote:
ZoomCar is quite pleased to announce a dramatically overhauled price structure that promises to create a simpler, easier to understand tariff that will give you even more flexibility in your booking.

If you were ever wondering why a 10 hour booking and a 24 hour booking had the same tariff, then look no further than our new structure.* From today, ZoomCar is introducing a reformed tariff across the fleet that will index all our pricing to a simple, easy to understand hourly rate. *

You can still book for any period of time (hour, day, week, or month), but just now, you will have pricing that always represents your exact booking time.** Starting today, that 10 hour booking will be priced differently from that 14 hour booking, which will in turn be priced differently from that 24 hour booking! *We're pleased to bring you this true pay-for-precise use model. *

We have also revised our kilometers per hour in a way that presents a more affordable hourly rental. To our many users who never came close to maxing out the kms we gave you: this will fit your needs well. A ZoomCar tip of the hat to those navigating the urban jungle!

Check out all the revised vehicle prices here.* Moreover, our early return and late policies have gotten even simpler as a result.* Check them out here.*** *

In addition to this dynamic new price structure, we’re also working to save you time both at pickup and drop.* To help ensure that you Zoom off at the start and end of your booking, ZoomCar is putting in place a minimal security deposit for each booking (taken at time of initial booking).* Effective today, there will be a 100% refundable deposit of Rs 5000 for each ZoomCar booking.* Regardless of the booking duration or your vehicle type, you will never have a deposit of more than Rs 5000.* Unlike other providers, ZoomCar will happily accept debit cards, credit cards, or net banking.* *Most importantly, our maximum damage charge will remain Rs 5000 since we know that it’s not always so easy out there as a self-drive pilot on the Bangalore AND Pune roads………

We’ve seen that many of our customers like to Zoom off to extra far away destinations.* In these instances, they typically have some additional charges at the end of their booking given the distance traveled. This new deposit will allow ZoomCar to seamlessly complete these transactions without the hassle of a human intervention as part of a formal online payment process.* In this new world, our helpful support team can reconcile your payment remotely and clear your final bill in a matter of seconds.*

We appreciate that your time is extremely valuable.* So now, when you’re done Zooming, you can seamlessly hand over the keys and get on with your day.* *
The entire ZoomCar team is confident that these changes are sure to take your self-drive experience to new heights.* We thank you once again for joining us on this exciting journey to redefine urban mobility in India.*

Last edited by KING DYSP : 11th July 2014 at 10:28. Reason: Correction
KING DYSP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 22:51   #195
BHPian

The refundable deposit isn't as high as Myles, so it isn't too bad, I guess. Any idea how smooth the refund process is?

On the plus side, I welcome the lower hourly rate. Would help those that need a car for a longer duration, but with shorter running distance.
Eg: Using Zoom to commute to office when leaving your car for service. Say you need to book a Figo for 10-11 hours. Earlier, you would have been charged Rs.1500/2500 (weekday/weekend). Now you only have to pay Rs.60 * 11 = 660 bucks for 110km!

Daily rate is now Rs.1440/2400 (weekday/weekend), so overall the rates are reduced. Also the free km is increased from 225 to 240km.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks