Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2015, 17:58   #601
BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post

Have you opted for a charge reversal to your credit card account? In that case I think it takes a bit of time. But still 15 days is too long.
Why didn't you sign up for the citrus money account ? Initially I was also slightly apprehensive about signing up for one more account, but then realized that all the monetary transactions of Zoom car are probably handled by the citrus money channel. And that's why the transactions are faster through that channel. The only limitation is that you can not withdraw more than 5000 INR at a time into your bank account.
What is the Zoom car helpline saying about the delay?
Yes, used a CC. Was in a bit of a hurry and was the first booking. Had avoided citrus to save time.
Everyday I call and they assign me a 'high priority' or 'escalated' ticket which guarantees action and callback in 24 hours but nothing happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I would recommend you to write an detailed email to support@zoomcar.com with screenshots of your booking details.
Done. Nothing apart from the auto-reply.

Never using zoomcar again.
Old 17th June 2015, 17:15   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
Yes, used a CC. Was in a bit of a hurry and was the first booking. Had avoided citrus to save time.

Everyday I call and they assign me a 'high priority' or 'escalated' ticket which guarantees action and callback in 24 hours but nothing happens.

Done. Nothing apart from the auto-reply.

Never using zoomcar again.

The money does come back. The return is processed then next day but takes 7-15 days to show up in your card. Probably weekly clearance from their bank.

Don't mean to advertise for zoom but don't let this stop you from using this service
Old 17th June 2015, 18:13   #603
BHPian

I used the service for 8 days from Delhi and my experience has been pleasing. Booked a Ford Figo which was run around 8900 kms. I added another 1200 kms.

Their keyless entry system works like a charm, pick up and drop experience was good. They have initiated the deposit money including the fuel bills and I hope they would reverse it by next week which I am ok with. They had promptly extended the reservation by hour when I had requested at the fag end of my reservation thus saving me from the penalties. The extension cost me their standard fares of Rs 90/- as against the penalty of Rs. 300 plus hourly charge of Rs. 90

It feels they are not much bothered about scratches and dents on the car as I had pointed out at the start of the reservation and at end of reservation.

Overall good experience. I hope they widen their network so that we can use it for intercity travel and can drop the car at places other than pick up which is prevalent in many international companies.

Regards and Drive Safe!
rahulk2510 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 22:12   #604
Senior - BHPian

Made my first booking today on zoomcar. The pick up point (Pune Airport road, Near Dorabjee's) is quite nearby my place (0.3 kms). Booked an XUV.

Requirement was just for a day. Saturday 7am to approx 10pm, but the kms would have been close to 275. Got a daily deal where I can now pick up the same car from the same location on 19th - 7 pm and return on 21st - 7 am. Amount comes to the same with 30% discount due to daily deal. Works fine for me and gives me a coverage of 360 kms plus the additional leeway of hours before and after the actual requirement.

Only hoping that the car be in a decent condition. Fingers crossed.
Old 18th June 2015, 09:47   #605
BHPian

Day 16. Still no refund. Have spoken to almost every person in the call centre by now.
Frustrated, sent a long detailed mail to all the executive officers from their About Us page. No mail IDs were shown, guessed them
90% of them bounced back, but got a mail from the CEO who said he'd personally look it up with his "world class customer service".

Later he got back saying the refund was initiated but there was some error between the payment gateway and my bank and so it wasn't their problem, which was totally opposite to what the CC executives said the previous day (that the refund was not yet initiated)

An hour or so after that got an SMS/mail saying my refund has been initiated. Few minutes after that, got a reply to the email I had sent to the support, 8 days back, with a pic that showed the refund was initiated only today.

Overall experience
  • Car not available at the booked time
  • Took an hour to arrange an alternate car.
  • Only mail ID provided on the website, the support, isn't monitored.
  • Had to contact the CEO of the company to get the refund
  • CEO turns out to be a liar
  • Refund process was initiated only on the 17th day
  • Will take yet another 5-15 days for the refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Don't mean to advertise for zoom but don't let this stop you from using this service
Yeah right!
I'm not stupid.
Old 18th June 2015, 10:46   #606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Day 16. Still no refund. Have spoken to almost every person in the call centre by now.
Frustrated, sent a long detailed mail to all the executive officers from their About Us page. No mail IDs were shown, guessed them
90% of them bounced back, but got a mail from the CEO who said he'd personally look it up with his "world class customer service".

Later he got back saying the refund was initiated but there was some error between the payment gateway and my bank and so it wasn't their problem, which was totally opposite to what the CC executives said the previous day (that the refund was not yet initiated)

An hour or so after that got an SMS/mail saying my refund has been initiated. Few minutes after that, got a reply to the email I had sent to the support, 8 days back, with a pic that showed the refund was initiated only today.

Overall experience
  • Car not available at the booked time
  • Took an hour to arrange an alternate car.
  • Only mail ID provided on the website, the support, isn't monitored.
  • Had to contact the CEO of the company to get the refund
  • CEO turns out to be a liar
  • Refund process was initiated only on the 17th day
  • Will take yet another 5-15 days for the refund.

Yeah right!
I'm not stupid.
Good to know the refund has been initiated. Even I have written an email to Greg Moran and I believe if he takes this up the issue gets resolved soon. As I had a issue earlier with their services and I had written an email to the same guy, which turned out to be good and I got some credits as well. Hope even I get an answer quickly.
Old 18th June 2015, 11:03   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulk2510 View Post
I used the service for 8 days from Delhi and my experience has been pleasing. Booked a Ford Figo which was run around 8900 kms. I added another 1200 kms.

Their keyless entry system works like a charm, pick up and drop experience was good. They have initiated the deposit money including the fuel bills and I hope they would reverse it by next week which I am ok with. They had promptly extended the reservation by hour when I had requested at the fag end of my reservation thus saving me from the penalties. The extension cost me their standard fares of Rs 90/- as against the penalty of Rs. 300 plus hourly charge of Rs. 90

It feels they are not much bothered about scratches and dents on the car as I had pointed out at the start of the reservation and at end of reservation.

Overall good experience. I hope they widen their network so that we can use it for intercity travel and can drop the car at places other than pick up which is prevalent in many international companies.

Regards and Drive Safe!

Just to give an update: I got my refund yesterday evening in my Credit card account! That is the refund came in 3 days flat.
Old 19th June 2015, 11:59   #608
Team-BHP Support

Booked my first Zoomcar for four days in the coming week. Let's see how it pans out.

The new policy of not allowing a pickup-drop between midnight and 6 am is a bummer. I wanted my trip to start as early as possible but the earliest I can start now is at 6.15 am after completing all formalities.
Old 19th June 2015, 12:23   #609
BHPian

Quote:
No mail IDs were shown, guessed them
I too had to google the CEO's mail address to close a refund issue which had been open for 6 months! Had taken a car last November, for which promo code was not adjusted in the refund. I was promised driving credits whenever I reminded them but the said credits never showed up. CEO's intervention got it done in a day.

I've used Zoom quite a few times and have had a good experience each time. But I can't say the same about their call/chat/email support. It used to be great when they had just started, they did not even have IVR but were all gung-ho about helping customers.
Old 21st June 2015, 11:41   #610
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday night, Returned the xuv I had hired for a day. Was of 2015 batch and had 11k on the odo. Drive was great. Only issue was the lhs wiper got stuck with the rhs one while functioning and snapped. Had to stop the car to collect it from the side of the highway.

Mentioned this to the advisor on site. He promised a call back from his supervisor today morning once he reviews. No call received yet.

Hoping I am not charged for this.
Old 21st June 2015, 12:52   #611
PVS
BHPian

Had been with family to Pune & Khopoli for a day's visit to Imagica, and had booked a ZoomCar. Would like to share my experiences.
I had opted for a Ford Figo for a 15 hour rental period from 08:30 am to around 11:30 pm. The pick-up point was the Aundh Parking Lot.

It took a while to figure out the parking lot for Zoom Car, as I couldn't really figure out the location accurately. A couple of phone calls and around 10 minutes of wandering around the place, finally got me to the Aundh Parking lot where the car was kept.

I had to SMS UNLOCK to a number and the car was unlocked remotely. I was on roaming, and had inadvertently switched off data services, so had to get back to the hotel's WiFi range to go through the car's checklist.

Quickly went through the checklist in the App - Insurance in Order - check, Relevant papers to certify that this cab is a Self drive Taxi - Check, Registration Papers - Check, PUC - Check; all together, the papers were in order.

Now for the navigational aid - the smartphone was there yes, but woudn't switch on, so marked the GPS as NO. A mini torch was also provided, but dead batteries so that too was a "Uncheck"; Headlights - check - tyres - check - air conditioner - check, Tool Kit - Check, Jack - Check - Ok.

App reported that the vehicle was not in a condition to drive - and the Zoom car Team was informed on this and someone would contact me. I could have chosen not to carry on, but since the car was in a good enough condition, and I was hard pressed on time, I decided to carry on. The Zoom Car team did call me up, and I duly apprised them of the short comings, and told them I would be going ahead with the rental.

After a hectic day at Imagica, I dropped the car back in the parking lot by 11:30 pm and sent an SMS LOCK to Zoom Car. after a couple of follow-ups, the car was locked remotely.

Received an invoice by mail, and the total cost was Rs 1500/-. They had charged extra for 300/- Kilometers.

To Add - during booking, I paid up Rs 5200/- as advance and uploaded my DL in the App. After the rental, the amount to be deducted came to Rs 4700/- which was held in my Citrus Pay Account. I could transfer Rs 3000/- to my bank account, and need to wait another month to transfer the remaining Rs 1700/-. Rs 3000/- is the max you can transfer out of Citrus Pay per month.

I ended up paying Rs 1500/- for a 12 hour car rental which included fuel. Add around 100/- for Imagica parking charges and around 300/- for Pune Khopoli Pune toll and the total came to around 2000/-. We were 3 adults and 2 kids. This worked out cheaper for us than taking the Imagica bus from Pune at Rs 500/- per seat.

Overall I am satisfied with Zoomcar. There are shortcomings yes, but they can be improved. Looking forward to hire an XUV or a Scorpio from Hyderabad next

Last edited by PVS : 21st June 2015 at 12:53.
Old 21st June 2015, 18:24   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
To Add - during booking, I paid up Rs 5200/- as advance and uploaded my DL in the App. After the rental, the amount to be deducted came to Rs 4700/- which was held in my Citrus Pay Account. I could transfer Rs 3000/- to my bank account, and need to wait another month to transfer the remaining Rs 1700/-. Rs 3000/- is the max you can transfer out of Citrus Pay per month.
Replying to the bold part of your quote - you don't have to wait for a month. Yes, it's written there under Citrus FAQ, but I have transferred a total of 10 k in a single month in 2 installments of 5k each. Just try to transfer your balance 1700/- to your bank account and see. I got an error message when I tried to transfer an amount of 5875 in one go, but then succeeded immediately afterwards when reduced the amount to 5000. So probably the limit for each transaction is 5k.
9tMax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 18:07   #613
BHPian

Hello

I am planning a trip to Masinagudi with friends and considering Zoom cars as we all want to travel ( and self drive of course) together in one car, evaluating the XUV 500 from Zoom , just wanted to know if any one has used the XUV 500 from Zoom to travel in a group of 5+ people and can it accommodate 7 adults comfortably ?( of the 7 , 2 of us are of a lighter/smaller build), Please let me know your points of view. The other option is of course the "innova" but its not available on Zoom and have to look at carz on rent , the cost works out the same and hence inclined towards the XUV , but do not want 2 of my friends being cramped in the 3rd row.
Old 24th June 2015, 22:09   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Only issue was the lhs wiper got stuck with the rhs one while functioning and snapped. Had to stop the car to collect it from the side of the highway.

Mentioned this to the advisor on site. He promised a call back from his supervisor today morning once he reviews. No call received yet.

Hoping I am not charged for this.
I had returned the XUV I had hired on Saturday Night (booking was till Sunday Morning).
No call received till date from the supervisor, and now I do not expect any.

I had also opened a Citrus Pay account and linked it to my Zoomcar login. The security deposit is still not reflecting in the Wallet.

Isn't the refund immediately reflected in the linked Citrus account?
A mail to the customer care yesterday morning is still unanswered.
Old 24th June 2015, 23:01   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
Hello

I am planning a trip to Masinagudi with friends and considering Zoom cars as we all want to travel ( and self drive of course) together in one car, evaluating the XUV 500 from Zoom , just wanted to know if any one has used the XUV 500 from Zoom to travel in a group of 5+ people and can it accommodate 7 adults comfortably ?( of the 7 , 2 of us are of a lighter/smaller build), Please let me know your points of view. The other option is of course the "innova" but its not available on Zoom and have to look at carz on rent , the cost works out the same and hence inclined towards the XUV , but do not want 2 of my friends being cramped in the 3rd row.
XUVs 3rd row is very cramped and cannot seat 2 adults for long time. You also need to consider that there is almost no space to hold luggage behind the 3rd row. You will have to keep it in the 3rd row seat. It is suitable only for 5 adults and 2 kids.
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks