Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2015, 06:28   #616
BHPian

Hello, I'm in Hyderabad and plan to take zoom car for ramoji film city and for about 15 hrs. I have few questions:
1. We are 6 people, all are fat and need comfortable spacing. I see XUV doesn't seem to be fit - considering 3rd row being uncomfortable for longer duration. Will Scorpio be fine? or any other suggestion?
2. I don't see fuel included or talked much about in their site. Is fuel included in rent they charge?
3. For scratches etcetera, I assume we are charged. Please confirm.

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
Old 26th June 2015, 08:10   #617
BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
Hello, I'm in Hyderabad and plan to take zoom car for ramoji film city and for about 15 hrs. I have few questions:
1. We are 6 people, all are fat and need comfortable spacing. I see XUV doesn't seem to be fit - considering 3rd row being uncomfortable for longer duration. Will Scorpio be fine? or any other suggestion?
2. I don't see fuel included or talked much about in their site. Is fuel included in rent they charge?

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
For your need, i guess the Scorpio fits in better than the XUV. The Safari is still not available in Hyd so Scorpio is the best option. You get free 10kms per hour of your booking. 12/km will be charged over 10kms, and in case of any damage to the vehicle, they would not be returning the 5K caution deposit they collect initially. Depending on the approximate kms you would be using, see if paying for extra kms is good or taking the car for a full day works out cheaper.
Old 26th June 2015, 10:10   #618
BHPian

Thanks jayded. Appreciate your inputs. I'm not used to driving SUVs. Any precautions you'd suggest?
Old 26th June 2015, 12:43   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks jayded. Appreciate your inputs. I'm not used to driving SUVs. Any precautions you'd suggest?
Sorry, I don't think i'm qualified to answer that since I don't own an SU or driven extensively in one. However have done a bit of driving around in my friend's Ecosport and a bit in the XUV & Terrano, I didn't find a big difference from my Figo. The cars didn't "feel" big when I was driving them. Sorry that i cannot give more inputs here.

However just make sure you know all the rules that Zoomcar mandates, especially the speed limits. I've seen quite a number of Zoomcar rented cars being driven rashly and I hope you all have a safe and sane drive.

Last edited by jayded : 26th June 2015 at 12:44.
Old 26th June 2015, 15:16   #620
BHPian

Hi,
We are renting a Zoomcar XUV in Bangalore next weekend and driving to Castlerock (dudhsagar!!). Wanted to check the reputability of Zoomcar SUVs in particular in Bengalooru. Is there anything I need to be worried about apart from the usual exterior checks while picking the car up?

Thanks,
NMA
Old 26th June 2015, 18:30   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
. Is there anything I need to be worried about apart from the usual exterior checks while picking the car up?

Thanks,
NMA
There pick up checklist is quite extensive and will cover almost everything. It is not limited to exterior. So fill the checklist properly after checking and you should be fine.
Apart from this, the only issue generally faced is the misaligned wheels and rattles.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 18:37   #622
Senior - BHPian

They are heavily abused. Even the figos tend to be driven by people with lead feet but the SUVs are taken out of town, and quite often either off road or on extremely bumpy roads where people will hesitate to take their own cars.

So take a short spin around in the car (even the length of the parking lot) and check its clutch / brakes / accelerator / suspension / any play in the steering wheel etc. If you are picking it up at zoom's airport location in bangalore they will drive you from the arrival terminal to their parking lot near the McDonalds (sadahalli gate) and that's around 7..8 km of a straight and high speed road so you should be able to get a sense of the car then itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Hi,
We are renting a Zoomcar XUV in Bangalore next weekend and driving to Castlerock (dudhsagar!!). Wanted to check the reputability of Zoomcar SUVs in particular in Bengalooru. Is there anything I need to be worried about apart from the usual exterior checks while picking the car up?

Thanks,
NMA
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 13:06   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Apart from this, the only issue generally faced is the misaligned wheels and rattles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
They are heavily abused. Even the figos tend to be driven by people with lead feet but the SUVs are taken out of town, and quite often either off road or on extremely bumpy roads where people will hesitate to take their own cars.
Thanks. We could be ready to bear with misaligned wheels but anything serious like worn out brakes or a bad clutch would spoil the party.
Old 27th June 2015, 23:47   #624
Senior - BHPian

How much time does citrus pay withdrawal take to reach our account? I had transferred yesterday morning and till now the money hasn't hit my bank account.
Old 28th June 2015, 01:13   #625
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
How much time does citrus pay withdrawal take to reach our account? I had transferred yesterday morning and till now the money hasn't hit my bank account.
Shouldn't take more than a couple of days. I initiated a transfer on 3rd June and by 4th June the money was in my bank account.

Quote:
You can consider taking the Scorpio. Else go in for a hired Innova/Tavera. Or take two Ford Figos, assuming there are at least 2 drivers in your group of 6.

Quote:
Yes, Fuel is included.
Quote:
Minor scratches are not charged, but in case of a bigger dent, you stand to lose the caution deposit of Rs 5000/-.

Last edited by ampere : 29th June 2015 at 08:19. Reason: Back to back post merged
Old 28th June 2015, 13:02   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
After the rental, the amount to be deducted came to Rs 4700/- which was held in my Citrus Pay Account. I could transfer Rs 3000/- to my bank account, and need to wait another month to transfer the remaining Rs 1700/-.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Replying to the bold part of your quote - you don't have to wait for a month. Yes, it's written there under Citrus FAQ, but I have transferred a total of 10 k in a single month in 2 instalments of 5k each.
Hello, is there a way to make the security deposit payment from your Citrus account ? I've accumulated ~ 2.8 K in the "Wallet" & ~ 8.8 K in "Citrus".
I have occasion to use Zoom-Car at least once a month, for a couple of days each time.
I'd like to maintain 5 K in Citrus permanently & use it for the security deposit - essentially bouncing the amount between Zoom-Car & Citrus.
I have a Zoom-Car booking for later this week, however I'm unable to see the option to pay the security deposit from Citrus - any pointers ?
Old 29th June 2015, 01:30   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hello, is there a way to make the security deposit payment from your Citrus account ? I've accumulated ~ 2.8 K in the "Wallet" & ~ 8.8 K in "Citrus".
I have occasion to use Zoom-Car at least once a month, for a couple of days each time.
I'd like to maintain 5 K in Citrus permanently & use it for the security deposit - essentially bouncing the amount between Zoom-Car & Citrus.
I have a Zoom-Car booking for later this week, however I'm unable to see the option to pay the security deposit from Citrus - any pointers ?
Sorry, Srini - can't help much about this aspect, as I didn't try it. But their FAQ page says you can't use your credits for the security deposit (faq#65, under security deposit tab). But faq#68 under wallet tab says that you can make your payments by using your citrus cash - which probably may be the booking amount. So I guess you can't avoid the hassle of drawing money out of your citrus cash account regularly. But that's a fairly smooth process - at least that's how it has been with me so far.
Hope this helps.
9tMax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 15:26   #628
Distinguished - BHPian

Zoomcar Launches Zoomcar-Commute. A 5 day working week package starting at
Rs 2500 per week (Sunday 8 PM to Friday 8 PM). Option of a 150KM or a 300KM package. Cars available include Figo (2500/3500 for 150/300 KM), City (2800/4500 for 150/300 KM) and the XUV (3600/5000)

http://www.zoomcar.com/commute?ref=E...MCOMMUTE_19Jun

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 29th June 2015 at 15:28.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 13:01   #629

Had my first Zoomcars experience last week in Pune. Rented a Scorpio for city use. It was my first time driving an SUV.

Booking process was very smooth through their app on my phone. Used the Father's day 20% coupon. Rs. 5,000 deposit was also taken along with the rental for the vehicle. Got an SMS half a hour before the pickup time with the registration number of the vehicle with instructions to unlock the same via SMS.

The vehicle pickup was done from the basement parking of Gold Adlabs in Kalyani Nagar. Vehicle was ready when we reached the venue. The Zoom car representative was present and was quite helpful. Took a copy of my drivers license and filled up a one page form. He knew the car quite well and showed me all the dents and scratches present. In any case I also took pics of the same for my record. All relevant car papers were shown to me. The Zoomcars checklist was also filled up.

The SUV was the 2014 facelift version (S4, IIRC) and was a KA registered vehicle. It was registered in Dec 2014 as per the RC card. It had run 29,750 kms. The fuel level was 90%. The interiors were quite clean but the exterior was dirty due to rains. The representative offered to clean the vehicle if i could wait for 15 minutes. But since I was short of time, i declined the offer. Also it was raining outside so in any case the vehicle would again get dirty.

The first few kilometers in the SUV were quite challenging especially in the evening Pune traffic. But the Scorpio has an excellent tractable engine and there was no shudder even when driving at 25-30 kmph in the 3rd gear. Also overtaking did not need a downshift and just a prod on the accelerator was enough. However, the SUV does pitch and roll (especially under braking).

Returned the vehicle next day 15 minutes before the designated time. Was an easy 5 minute affair for returning the vehicle. Received an SMS later on informing me about the end of the rental and confirmation that the vehicle was received and that the deposit would be refunded soon. After 2 days saw that the refund was credited to my Citrus wallet. Planning to keep the balance there for future use.

All in all an excellent experience using the services of Zoom cars and will surely use them in the future for longer trips.
Old 30th June 2015, 14:16   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashver9133 View Post
Planning to keep the balance there for future use.

All in all an excellent experience using the services of Zoom cars and will surely use them in the future for longer trips.
Good to know you had a nice experience with Zoom cars One suggestion on the citrus wallet is do not keep the balance there as it cannot be used for future transactions. The deposit will be deducted every time from your bank account and it has to be paid irrespective of what amount you have in your citrus account. I would suggest you to withdraw the amount from your citrus wallet.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed