Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2013, 18:30   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Video: 10 year old kid driving a Ferrari in India

If I had that kind of money, I will definitely buy a kart with Intrepid chassis and a rotax engine(micro/mini) and will let my son enjoy on a track. Who said we need 500 hp to have fun, 13.6 hp also can be equally fun in the right environment.
ecenandu is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 20:07   #62
BHPian

Good!! You guys have made him famous. I am sure this video is gonna go viral like all other stupid videos on youtube does. Nowadays, it has become a fad for letting kids do adult things. There are so many dance programmes in TV where kids are dancing to sexy Bollywood numbers. And there are parents who actively encourage this and possibly even pressurize them to do this.
In this case, the license of the father should be revoked as per law. Letting an underage person drive is against the law even if it is in a private road.
sukhoi30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 20:50   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Yeah,he's a 10 year old kid and he's driving a ferrari.So?Whats to bash the kid or his parents so much for?
If it is being done on a private road where no harm can be done to the public,whats wrong with it?Its his money,his cars so he can do whatever with it,who are we to comment on it?
People here are not worried about his money or his cars, they are pointing out the odds of an accident. As somebody said this may go viral and other imbecile parents will let their kids drive cars on public roads to claim fame. Prevention is always better than cure(If there is a cure!).

Last edited by carheadbanger : 11th April 2013 at 20:54.
carheadbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 22:07   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Outright foolishness. From the video, he is hanging onto the steering. Imagine this kid accidentally slipped and landed his foot on the accelarator pedal. I know it is a bit filmy or funny, but that will be the worst disaster. I am not sure what words must be used to describe the parents' careless attitude. There are other small kids around. During times when luck is on their side, it is amusement for all. For the parents of this kid, its a joy to watch the kid drive their flagship car. For the kid, again its a thing that he will boast about to all. For the kids playing around, it is dream come true, the ferraris that they heard and read was in front of their eyes, driven by their friend.

Let luck take the other side, the kid will be killed by the airbags itself, parents will lose their little one(s), their expensive sports car. And the innocent other kids who came in for some entertainment were tragically run over.

Sorry to say that a person who can afford such an expensive car doesnt have a fraction of the brains to decide on what is right and what is wrong. Someone please download and keep a copy of the video, as I am sure it will be pulled down ASAP.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 22:36   #65
BHPian

Reminds me of an incident which happened not so long ago in Tamil Nadu, where a doctor couple let their son studying IX or X std do Caeserian section surgeries. The "proud" father in that incident too had taken videos of it and flaunted it, if I remember correctly. There was a huge uproar and rightly, the couple lost their medical licenses.

Why should this incident be looked at any differently? The boy is not qualified to do what his father is letting/making him do, and there are lives at stake. Action SHOULD be taken against the adults who let this happen.

Now the incident has been reported even by the International media. Of course, its gonna be made to look as if anything goes in India! Some form of response should be there from the authorities. Come on guys, save us some pride!
Old 11th April 2013, 22:42   #66
BHPian

No wonder we hear of Indian parents ending up in the slammer for irresponsible parenting in various European countries.
From an early age, our kids are taught it is ok to break laws and rules framed for our own good just to show off.
I think sometime back there was one more video of a kid driving a Land Rover, again in Kerala.

Last edited by Samurai : 12th April 2013 at 01:00. Reason: video removed
Old 12th April 2013, 00:08   #67
BHPian

Im sorry but i cannot rap my head around some of the comments being said in appraisal of the Kids courage, his skills, its a private road he can do what ever he wants etc..

Firstly, the Indian Motor Vehicles Act 1939, Section 4 says that no person under the age of 18 shall drive a motor vehicle in a public place. The place suggested in the Video is at max a gated community. Even if the so called "King" is the developer of the Villa, that does not make it his private property. Moreover this is the law of the land which every moral citizen should follow.

Coming to the second point about the kids courage, if a boy of 10 years picks up a gun and starts firing in the air would that be his courage and skill or sheer lack of understanding the consequences ? The child has an innocent mind, he cannot decipher what would happen if he would accidantly step on the gas pedal. An adult has better reflexes and a much more developed mind to cope with sudden situations of emergencies. There is a reason why the minimum driving age is 18 and not 8 !

Also I cannot understand how the parents would let a child drive a Ferrari !! If you want to boast then go to a dinner in the car, roam around in it. But letting your kid drive around in it is not boasting, its simple idotic.

Now coming to the point that many amongst us also broke the law and learnt driving before the age of 18. I agree we did, but the kid is 10 !! He must be in 5th grade !! I would seriously like to know who amongst us drove a car on a public road in 5th grade. Sitting on your dad's lap and steering the vehicle is a different thing, I am asking about driving a vehicle independently without any adult supervision.

And lets not forget for a moment what the kid is driving! Its a Ferrari !! A car with 483 BHP and a top speed of 315 kmph which reaches a 100 kmph in 4.0 seconds. All it takes is a slip of the shoe and all the excitement ends.

Its sad that all the money in the world cannot buy you common sense.
Enigmatic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 00:11   #68
BHPian

What worries me most about this video of the kid driving the Ferrari around is he has no visible adult supervision...

It sickens me that people in 'power' or with 'money' flout rules like this at will. I thought it was outrageous that cars can get VIP number plates and certain people can pay to keep their tints on, but this is so much worse.

Hopefully someone from a law enforcement agency sees this and smacks some sense into the owner of the car.
Old 12th April 2013, 00:24   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
If I had that kind of money, I will definitely buy a kart with Intrepid chassis and a rotax engine(micro/mini) and will let my son enjoy on a track. Who said we need 500 hp to have fun, 13.6 hp also can be equally fun in the right environment.
Perfecto Sir !

1.You should gift your son a go-kart like Alonso's dad did to him(which was hand built by him but if this guy can afford it then there is no harm in buying one) if you want him to become a professional driver. Also the kart should be driven around race tracks.

P.S : To The Parent if you're reading this and want your son to become the next Schumi : Professional racers are made by driving go karts around the track not an f430 around your colony!

2.If you are over enthusiastic to teach your son to drive too soon then yes go ahead! But with him seated in the passenger seat and asking him to observe your driving (gear changes, steering handling etc.)

By seeing him in the video he has definitely crossed the age of being seated in the lap and controlling the steering wheel , so the passenger seat would be better!

And Yes, admitted many would have started driving under-age.
But when one looks back, there are also many incidences attached with that "under-age" driving in which one was just saved by the skin of one's teeth due to a very minute error.

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 00:30   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Yeah,he's a 10 year old kid and he's driving a ferrari.So?Whats to bash the kid or his parents so much for?
If it is being done on a private road where no harm can be done to the public,whats wrong with it?Its his money,his cars so he can do whatever with it,who are we to comment on it?

I bet most of the members here,have learnt driving and have been driving way before the legal age,so if this kid is driving his dad's ferrari on a private road,whats the harm?
Definitely,he must be having some skill at the age of 10 that he has been handed over a F430 to drive.
It does burn many, because one did not have a ferrari to drive when he was 10.

Yes,it is a little unsafe and slightly risky.
But hats off to the kid's skill and courage.It does take a lot to tame the prancing horse.
Wow !! Cant believe that a bhpian has posted this and also been thanked 5 times for the post. The kid does not even have complete visibility of the road and has to literally stand and drive. There are other kids very close to the road and anything can happen. It burns many not because we did not have a ferrari but we certainly feel that it is insane to hand over the keys of any motor vehicle to a 10 year old, let alone a 500+ bhp Ferrari.
Baleno7811 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 09:57   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleno7811 View Post
Wow !! Cant believe that a bhpian has posted this and also been thanked 5 times for the post. The kid does not even have complete visibility of the road and has to literally stand and drive. There are other kids very close to the road and anything can happen. It burns many not because we did not have a ferrari but we certainly feel that it is insane to hand over the keys of any motor vehicle to a 10 year old, let alone a 500+ bhp Ferrari.
Out of those 5 thanks, one is by mistake, which I mentioned in the immediate reply to him (accidently pressed the Thank button instead of Quote)

The post in question is as shocking as the video. Once the shock settled, I checked out this member’s profile, and saw that he is just 17. So probably he is able to identify with the kid better (or have that burning feeling). Majority of us feel for the danger posed by the kid (for himself and for the residents there). The member is free to voice his opinion, but I hope these reactions help him even better.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 10:05   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Out of those 5 thanks, one is by mistake, which I mentioned in the immediate reply to him (accidently pressed the Thank button instead of Quote)

The post in question is as shocking as the video. Once the shock settled, I checked out this member’s profile, and saw that he is just 17. So probably he is able to identify with the kid better (or have that burning feeling). Majority of us feel for the danger posed by the kid (for himself and for the residents there). The member is free to voice his opinion, but I hope these reactions help him even better.
If,I would have had that burning feeling,I would have been posting against that kid not for him.

Last edited by cityvic : 12th April 2013 at 10:12.
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 10:11   #73
BHPian

All money and no brains. I wonder if people even think about the consequences these days. Its like money happens to be the big "lubricant". Rub the right palms and you'll slip free. Nobody here would condone the kid if he even drove a geared bike but handing a kid a high performance car is like heading out to gangsters, lowering your pants, handing them a rod and saying, here, smack me on my back! I hope people don't get ideas and try getting their kids to drive cars.
Old 12th April 2013, 10:20   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Carscoop has published this video. This is definitely getting international attention.

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/04/loo...ve-around.html
Old 12th April 2013, 11:05   #75
Team-BHP Support

More international sites have posted this!

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/sp...deo-57803.html

http://www.carthrottle.com/8-year-ol...f430-for-lols/

http://ca.autoblog.com/2013/04/11/ki...lously-dont-c/

Just curious what Ferrari would do, if it finally comes to their notice. I don't suppose they can do much here. However, I sincerely hope the traffic police of Thrissur takes note of this! My colleague is bound to go to Tcr this weekend for spending the Vishu holidays and the Thrissur Pooram - warned him over Facebook. :P
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks