Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2017, 23:01   #991
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
If they are going to enable Fastag in all lanes then they should make Fastag mandatory for all vehicles as well.
http://trak.in/tags/business/2017/05...ll-popularity/

If Govt. implements mandatory fitting of FasTags as said in the above report, it is going to be a matter of few years, so that most of the vehicles are 'FasTag'ged. Also, Govt. has to to provide more incentive for users of FastTags, to make it more attractive for the current vehicle owners.

Few years later when all the vehicles are FasTagged, the Govt. can think of additional revenue generation by automatically finding and fining the motorists if they crossed 2 nearest tolls, exceeding the average speed limit, from the time stamping of the vehicles.
Old 10th June 2017, 23:31   #992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Here in US, they have 2 lanes for RFID's and 2 for cash payers. I think having even number of lanes for RFID and cash will be the most viable solution.
That is a better implementation, with number of FasTag users on the rise, 1 lane for FasTag is becoming a bottleneck in most of the toll plazas.
At the minimum, there should be 2 lanes for FasTag vehicles, 1 lane for Heavy vehicles (Truck, Bus etc) and 1 lane for Cars & other private vehicles.
finneyp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 13:36   #993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
. Now, I will wait to see what happens and how long it takes.
Got my fastag today, it was couriered home

All I did was send the representative scanned copy of my RC card, ID and address proof and did an online transfer of Rs.500 to the account they provided. I think this is a much easier process than having to physically go to their locations if one is not in a hurry to get the tag.

Last edited by dass : 15th June 2017 at 13:47. Reason: Parag Bhai's thoughts :)
Old 15th June 2017, 13:44   #994
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I think this is a much easier process than having to physically go to their locations.
Depends whether you stay close to the POS locations and how urgently you need it.

Those who stay North side of the city will prefer driving to this location near Airport Toll and get it activated in under 15 minutes. I just had to call and he confirmed it was available and all it took was an hours time from Door to Door including filling form and returning back home.

During the days when the availability was tough, I had driven and parked many times at BETL office only to get a negative response even when I work out of EC.

I have even had friends/colleagues drive on a Saturday morning and get the tags from here.

Last edited by paragsachania : 15th June 2017 at 13:46.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 13:48   #995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Depends whether you stay close to the POS locations and how urgently you need it.
I agree to this part. I think if time is a constraint, then you may have to physically go there, else this process works out to be the most convenient.

I edited my post to include the same as well
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 20:57   #996
Senior - BHPian

Just got fastag installed in the car. It was a smooth process. During my highway travels, I always used to miss the opening hours of the POS located at various toll plazas. So after pestering the call center lady, she told me there are POS centres at HPCL pumps in Mumbai ! This info is totally new and isn't available on website.

Here is the list for POS centres in Mumbai.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screen-shot-20170617-8.39.07-pm.png

I enquired with the BKC one and the phone was switched off. Called the Sion one and Mr. George picked up and confirmed that the Fastag would be available on Mon-Sat 9am to 5pm.

Went there today afternoon at around 2:30 pm on my way to Fort and got it done.
Docs required
1. Photo of vehicle owner
2. RC copy
3. Address and Identity proof of owner
4. If owner not there, then identity proof of Driver (in my case me).
5. 500 or more cash

So i took copies of RC book, dad's aadhaar and my aadhaar.

Got it done in 15 mins and the lady handed me the tag and said to stick it yourself - which I did at the location of my choice.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_5658.jpg
Stuck it at RHS of mirror as I usually mount my GoPro in the center

During the fastag application online, there will be an option for Monthly pass / Local pass (I may be mistaken about Local), which I think works for toll plazas where local people are given concession - the lady selected Local option. Not sure about this though as I couldn't find the info online.

The person - Mr. Geoge was happy about staring this additional service, but he said the people at ICICI refuse to take the cash collected by him from customers like me. Turns out the pump is a COCO and hence has account in SBI. ICICI bank wants them to open account with them which is not happening. So in the meantime he has all this cash which he cant deposit with ICICI.
blackwasp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th June 2017, 12:52   #997
BHPian

My car already has a RFID tag, I want to register it with fastag so would my car's tag be registered or I would get another sticker from the bank.
Old 18th June 2017, 12:54   #998
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
My car already has a RFID tag, I want to register it with fastag so would my car's tag be registered or I would get another sticker from the bank.
No. That RFID on your car by manufacturer is not going to help you in any way for now.

You need to get a FASTag RFID issued by one of the various banks. There has been enough discussion on this in the past on this thread.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2017, 12:55   #999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
You'll have to get a new sticker. Currently the system doesn't support using existing RFID tags.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2017, 13:10   #1000
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd June 2017 at 10:10.
smuniswami is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th June 2017, 17:48   #1001
BHPian

I personally am an fan of the CUG option. Someone has applied good amount of thought into the concept. I personally keep at best 250 balance in each tag of each car, and load up the CUG account with money instead. The auto recharge is set up for 65 minimum balance in the tag, and increases the balance to 250 from the CUG account.
Old 19th June 2017, 09:40   #1002
Distinguished - BHPian

Got into a stand-off at the BLR airport (KIAL) toll last Thursday around 2200. They had cordoned off the FASTag lane and were denying entry EVEN to tagged cars, because it seems the airport cabbies force their way in regardless of the security guard etc.

I refused to budge and called for the supervisor who came very unwillingly to the outer marker. Told him I will immediately complain to NHAI; he very grumpily called in my license number to the control room, checked it was a valid tag and then let me through.

Silly way to deal with the crowd! They need to put in a better way to deal with these peak times and the cabbie mafia.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 09:40   #1003
Senior - BHPian

I took an ICICI fastag account on April 22nd. I haven't received the cash back for the toll usages in April and May. When can I expect it?
Old 19th June 2017, 16:10   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I haven't received the cash back for the toll usages in April and May. When can I expect it?
February cash back happened in April,
March cash back in May,
I guess April & May should happen accordingly.
Old 19th June 2017, 19:06   #1005
Senior - BHPian

This may have already been answered here, but checking again to see if there are any new updates to share. Which is the best place to stick the tag? I know the FAQ document mentions that is should be stuck at the top middle of the wind screen, but wondering if there are any other places which are equally effective and more importantly which are the places it just should not be stuck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks