Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2008, 14:01   #16
BHPian

If the parking ticket was wrong, submit a written complaint, saying that you will seek legal recourse if proper action is not taken.
Old 26th March 2009, 21:04   #17
BHPian

I got a challan today for jumping signal at Jubilee Hills Chk Post on 12/3. The time is mentioned as 10:23 while I am usually in office before 9 am. However I don't have any concrete proof except that I call my wife as soon as I reach office, which was at 8:50 am. Also I take the free left at Jubilee Hills towards Film Nagar, so there is no question of jumping signal.

I know there is some challan drive going on in Hyderabad. Now should I pay this amount or raise a grievance? I would rather pay 100 and forget about it. But I am worried if it would be counted as multiple violations later.

Last edited by watashi75 : 26th March 2009 at 21:06.
Old 26th March 2009, 21:46   #18
BHPian

I have received one such challan for speaking on mobile while driving and I really do not remember anything about it.

I sent a letter to the address from where it came, but never heard back. I was told by a couple of RTA agents that these challans cause a problem at the time of transfer of ownership and you have to pay along with some kind of an interest. So, I would suggest paying them up. You will not realize the amount until you decide to transfer the ownership or for that matter getting the hypothecation removed from RC book.
Old 27th March 2009, 01:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezereo View Post
similar thing happened to a friend of mine. he got a challan in january for signal jumping in september. he didnt care about it. In the month of February, a policeman came to his house, telling to pay the challan. and he was reluctant to take the money then and there. he insisted us to go to the nearest e-seva centre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
I have received one such challan for speaking on mobile while driving and I really do not remember anything about it.

I sent a letter to the address from where it came, but never heard back. I was told by a couple of RTA agents that these challans cause a problem at the time of transfer of ownership and you have to pay along with some kind of an interest. So, I would suggest paying them up. You will not realize the amount until you decide to transfer the ownership or for that matter getting the hypothecation removed from RC book.
First pay. Rs.100/- is not a big amount.

Next, kick them where it hurts. Start disputing their challan, ask for proof etc. File an application under the RTI (Right to Information Act) if necessary. Ask for a refund with interest.

Finally - get yourself a nice brass flag-staff and a great looking rexine cover to cover your 'jhanda', a light on the roof with a matching rexine cover goes will with this 'jhanda-danda'. It helps if you can get a thug wearing dark glasses (24X7) and a grey safari suit to sit in the front seat. Then, the pot bellied writers of challans will stop traffic to let you go when the light is red and will stand guard over you car parked in the middle of the road during peak hours.

Mera Bharat Mahaan - Jai ho.

Cheers,
Old 3rd April 2009, 21:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Here's an update guys--
I was flagged down soon after the Katriya De Royale U turn at Greenlands by a bunch of 3 cops---an SI and 2 constables. I pulled over beside the fly-over, lowered the volume and slid the glass down, and gave them an angry frown.

When the constable peeped in, I said 'bhai sab kuch hai mere paas---bolo kya dekhna hai?' (I've got everything right, lemme know what you wanna see).

To this he politely responded 'saar, we are just running a random check on vehicles to see if there are any pending e-Challans on them.If there are any, we advise you to pay them in eSeva right away'.
I responded saying I'd read in the newspapers that only 10% of the eChallans were paid up in Hyd, and that one could browse the Hydpolice website to check if there were any pending on his vehicle. I also told him I scanned that website, but found no reference to eChallans (though there was a wealth of info there---kudos to A P cops).
The SI had some kind of instrument I could not see, but I remained calm and boosted up the volume. I was mentally preparing myself for an argument if he brought up the issue in post # 1 of this thread. I also kept my IPS pal's card ready to flash, if need be.
After a few minutes, the SI came and politely said 'Everything all right sir, please carry on'. I said thanks and moved on.
So guys, be prepared. One thing to note though is that their record-keeping is screwed up. So those who haven't paid up are kinda lucky.
Old 5th April 2009, 10:51   #21
BHPian

I already paid the challan amount through eseva online. Now I checked the challan status on the Hyderabad police website (Official Website of Hyderabad Police ) and it doesn't show any record for my car. But I am not sure if it was updated before or after I paid the amount.

Looking at things I feel new violations are going to be recorded, if not the older violations. So don't count on luck too much.
Old 5th April 2009, 11:15   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nothing as dramatic as a "red alert" for the vehicle will happen. From what i heard, the worst case is you receive a court notice with a fine of 500 bucks or something if you don't pay up the initial fine notice.

But, this will not happen as they can send a court notice only if they can prove in the court that your alleged wrong parking ( or any other traffic violation) is indeed a wrong one ( via a video or picture).

So it is better to ignore unless you are sure and remember that you did that traffic violation ( if is tough to recall a 6 month old incident of where you parked your vehicle)
As mentioned in my previous post. I did receive a few of them but, i didnt pay any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi75 View Post
I got a challan today for jumping signal at Jubilee Hills Chk Post on 12/3. The time is mentioned as 10:23 while I am usually in office before 9 am. However I don't have any concrete proof except that I call my wife as soon as I reach office, which was at 8:50 am. Also I take the free left at Jubilee Hills towards Film Nagar, so there is no question of jumping signal.

I know there is some challan drive going on in Hyderabad. Now should I pay this amount or raise a grievance? I would rather pay 100 and forget about it. But I am worried if it would be counted as multiple violations later.
Sometimes i have a strong feeling they randomly pick the numbers from the street and send you a challan. They do not have a back-up evidence like a photo or video to prove their challan.

What if you say you were in another city that day or time? Can they prove that you violated that day in this city? I bet they cannot.

Anyways, Rs.100 bucks is not big amount, so anyone who cannot call a bluff, should always pay it
Old 27th April 2010, 22:17   #23
BHPian

e-challan in Hyderabad

Friends,
I received an e-challan for wrong parking. On inquiry at the traffic police station they showed me the photograph of the vehicle parked in the no-parking zone. Charges Rs. 100.

Now, the letter states that I can pay online: either through www.esevaonline or aponline.gov.in. When I logged into the latter, it says it has no such record of the challan number I mentioned. However, esevaonline lists the details.

The issue is that esevaonline imposes Rs. 35 as service charge (almost 33% of the challan amount) while aponline doesn't charge any.

Can anyone from Hyderabad enlighten me as to whom to approach for the issue regarding aponline not hosting the challan details? I believe it is another devious method of the traffic police to fill up the coffers of government.
Old 27th April 2010, 22:28   #24
BHPian

I cant believe this discussion .... for 2 reasons

1 : Pay the ticket and make friends with the cop guys and even get their names memorized. This is a good reason to strike conversation and their names shall help in future situations. 1000% more valuable than the Rs100.

2 : We should have a party Hyd guys !!! . I am in total shock that this has not been enforced after 2 whole pages. Its Venu sir and he's got himself a challan. congratulations !! . I don't see any other better reason popping up for a meet .
Old 27th April 2010, 22:41   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
I cant believe this discussion ....
1 : Pay the ticket and make friends with the cop guys and even get their names memorized.
Would have been great in the good old days when the cops roamed about carrying a book to give you ticket! Not in the e-age. It's all about money. No names. No faces.
Old 28th April 2010, 01:06   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Nothing as dramatic as a "red alert" for the vehicle will happen. From what i heard, the worst case is you receive a court notice with a fine of 500 bucks or something if you don't pay up the initial fine notice.

But, this will not happen as they can send a court notice only if they can prove in the court that your alleged wrong parking ( or any other traffic violation) is indeed a wrong one ( via a video or picture).

So it is better to ignore unless you are sure and remember that you did that traffic violation ( if is tough to recall a 6 month old incident of where you parked your vehicle)
I got to know something else from a traffic cop. Last month my friend and me were going for a party when he jumped a signal unknowingly.

The traffic cop stopped us and checked the registration number in his blackberry. He informed us that there were 2 fines already due on the car and this is a third one. He could cease my friend's DL.

Also, once you cross the due date of paying the fine, a warrant will be raised. I don't know how far is this true, but my friend paid all the fines on spot and took a receipt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
today a policemen in civil dress just clicked a pic of my car at jubilee check post circle for no good reason. I was well in the limit.
Ha ha... Funny mods? Am just imagining traffic police hiring photographers with D-SLR's with long lenses like guns sitting in every traffic junction to shoot out cars that break laws

Quote:
donno what will happen now...:(
Chill, it can't be a traffic cop.

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 28th April 2010 at 01:18.
Old 28th April 2010, 15:52   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like this thread gets revived once a year. Each April. Is this hot summer getting to the cops or to us?
Old 28th April 2010, 16:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
I cant believe this discussion .... for 2 reasons

2 : We should have a party Hyd guys !!! . I am in total shock that this has not been enforced after 2 whole pages. Its Venu sir and he's got himself a challan. congratulations !! . I don't see any other better reason popping up for a meet .
Hey Arun, that was long, long ago---2 years to be precise. I do agree with the idea of a get-together, however!

Quote:
Looks like this thread gets revived once a year. Each April. Is this hot summer getting to the cops or to us?
Well said, Avi. Their system goes bonkers in hot weather, I believe.
Old 18th October 2010, 19:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Updating this thread again.

One of my colleagues got 2 challans at his home address for jumping a red signal recently. But now they've even sent photos of the car's number plates!!

Looks like Hyd cops are getting more efficient in their tasks. But I wonder to what extent the challans are correct as I see cameras clicking away to glory at quite a few junctions.

Appreciate any updates on this topic.
Old 18th October 2010, 19:11   #30
Team-BHP Support

A colleague of mine received 6 summons for stop line violations at the Kothaguda signal. When she checked the aptransport website, it showed 10 violations.

When she went to the Police station and there they explained the discrepancy. 4 of the 10 violations were removed as the video showed a police man asking the vehicle to start moving although the signal was still red.

She had to pay the fine for the remaining 6 violations.

The interesting thing was that she did not think she was breaking the signal. She was taking a u-Turn.
But technically she did cross the stop line when the signal was RED.

I was not aware of this myself.
I used to think that a u-turn would not be counted as violation. Now I know better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks