Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 19:18   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The interesting thing was that she did not think she was breaking the signal. She was taking a u-Turn.
But technically she did cross the stop line when the signal was RED.

I was not aware of this myself.
I used to think that a u-turn would not be counted as violation. Now I know better.
Thanks for the update. My colleague uses the Kothaguda Jn almost daily and I guess that was the place where he has been charged with violation.

Red signals also apply to U Turns---this is based on my daily observation at Srinagar Cly Banjara Hills Jn near ASCI.
Old 21st October 2010, 13:42   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice to know the cops of our city are using technology to the best. All drivers plying on hyderabad roads, please follow the rules

OT: I received a legal notice to pay Rs.14500 as outstanding of a reliance phone more than a month back. I faintly recollect that i had used a reliance phone for about 6 months way back in 2003-4 ( dont remember the exact year,it was just when reliance communications came up and were selling Rs.500 phones).

I never paid a single rupee from my pocket for mobile phone ever since i started my career. It was always paid by my employer irrespective of amount. So it is not possible that i didnt pay.

So what did i do? I ignored it
Old 22nd October 2010, 17:31   #33
BHPian

1 week ago, my dad also got a similar e-challan for an alleged parking violation at Dharam Karam Rd, Ameerpet dated 3 months ago. There was no photo nor any other accompanying evidence. I too drive his car sometimes, so no idea if the alleged offence was commited by me or by my dad. I got scared and paid the ticket immediately on esevaonline.

Today I saw this thread and am now kicking myself.
Old 2nd November 2010, 22:41   #34
BHPian

Received my first challan, "Jumping the Red Light", and considering the person I am, sometime will stop when all the traffic is moving with people smiling away at me, its rare that I jumped the light on purpose, the only thing I can think of is that when I was midway, the light turned red and the camera captured my car.

Having said that, I have decided to pay up and be more careful from next time.

My question - There is a para in the e-challan that states "....to provide information regarding the name, address and driving license number of the person who was driving the vehicle...." what needs to be done about this,

Because in e-seva online page its asking to fill in permanent address details as well, and I don't want to receive any requests/warrants/challans once I leave Hyderabad.

Any idea about this ?
Old 2nd November 2010, 23:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
OT: I received a legal notice to pay Rs.14500 as outstanding of a reliance phone more than a month back.......

So what did i do? I ignored it
OT: Now there are multiple credit rating agencies in India (Earlier it was only CIBIL) and they have started collecting data for utility payments as well.

So, in future this might hurt you in case of Home/Car loan.
Old 4th November 2010, 14:52   #36
BHPian

I paid the challan yesterday through AP Online website, but when I search there and e-seva online it still shows up, any clue ?

Does it take time for the servers to sync and remove the unpaid status ?
Old 3rd July 2011, 08:00   #37
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad Traffic Challan after 8 months!!

bumping an old thread. Got my first e-challan last week for Zebra/Stop line crossing at Jubilee hill check post. This violation dates back to April and i have no memories of it. Its my office route and i travel daily. However, i always ensure that i never cross the stop line and am not sure if i really violated on this count.
The violation was at night 10PM. The photo they have on the challan only shows my rear number plate and nothing else is visible(its pitch black). How would i know if i even violated?
Old 3rd July 2011, 13:23   #38
BHPian

These challan are quite fishy. I once got one dated feb 19. On this day I was in Nanded, I don't know how I could have violated a traffic signal in Hyderabad.
Old 3rd July 2011, 13:59   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katpasin View Post
The violation was at night 10PM. The photo they have on the challan only shows my rear number plate and nothing else is visible(its pitch black). How would i know if i even violated?
Good question. You may choose to challenge the challan, but that means a lot of running around.

Else you can pay up. Yet another option is to lie still, but the cops might have improved their database skills by now, therefore it is your call.

While on this, my son got his first challan yesterday for wrong parking of his scooter on June 17th. Both he and my daughter say they did not go to that area on that day.

I told them to sort it out between them, and I strongly suspect my son.
Old 5th July 2011, 14:43   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
bumping an old thread. Got my first e-challan last week for Zebra/Stop line crossing at Jubilee hill check post. This violation dates back to April and i have no memories of it. Its my office route and i travel daily. However, i always ensure that i never cross the stop line and am not sure if i really violated on this count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adentist View Post
These challan are quite fishy. I once got one dated feb 19. On this day I was in Nanded, I don't know how I could have violated a traffic signal in Hyderabad.
I have received a few challans for my old car ( Viva) and also one for new car. Even I found them suspicious as couple of them were at Madhapur at 10pm stamped on the challan.

Simply decided to ignore them and even got my Viva transfered to new owner nothing happened. Infact, got a new challan for Viva last week after selling the car nearly a year ago. I just thrashed the challan.

If your particular you pay at eseva. If not, the worst case is they may collect all those fines ( Rs.135/fine) maybe while you transfer the car. But, again this could also be a remote possibility.
Old 8th July 2011, 16:00   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can ask them for further evidence to back up the challan. If they are able to prove you did violate the rule, it's best to pay up. If they can't, they will drop the challan.

Take it nicely at first, write up a response and mention that you don't remember violating the stop line and ask them if they have any proof other than the photo of the car's number plate. Only the photo showing your car's number plate is not sufficient evidence to prove you committed an offence.

If the written reply does not yield any meaningful results, you can resort to the legal route of challenging the challan. Check with a good lawyer on this.
Old 24th March 2014, 15:29   #42
BHPian

You can check your Challans with this App :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rafficechallan

or

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hyd-...6505?ls=1&mt=8
Old 23rd April 2014, 12:33   #43
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread. I received a challan dated Dec 2013 just 2 days ago! It was for stop line crossing at Madhapur signal, which I dont even remember since its over 4 months now. And when I try to check the details online, there is no echallan displayed there on the website. Should I ignore the challan or go meet the official to get it clarified?
Old 28th April 2014, 22:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankShaft05 View Post
Bumping up an old thread. I received a challan dated Dec 2013 just 2 days ago! It was for stop line crossing at Madhapur signal, which I dont even remember since its over 4 months now. And when I try to check the details online, there is no echallan displayed there on the website. Should I ignore the challan or go meet the official to get it clarified?
Just ignore it. The only risk is getting stopped in random checks by traffic cops. It happened to my neighbour's driver recently , and he had to pay up the amount after that.

To tell you honestly, i too got a challan for January, but only last week. It was for crossing the stop line near Quality Inn Jn. It had a picture of my car, but not with the stop line visible anywhere. It caught me by surprise, as I always respect the stop line.

I chose to ignore it.
Old 29th April 2014, 13:38   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Just ignore it. The only risk is getting stopped in random checks by traffic cops. It happened to my neighbour's driver recently , and he had to pay up the amount after that.

To tell you honestly, i too got a challan for January, but only last week. It was for crossing the stop line near Quality Inn Jn. It had a picture of my car, but not with the stop line visible anywhere. It caught me by surprise, as I always respect the stop line.

I chose to ignore it.
That's what Iam going to do exactly! Ignore.

Like you, I too respect the stop line always and I dont have any idea if I would have really crossed the stop line at red.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks