Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2006, 22:25   #46
BHPian

The process is so slow and getting on my nerves. MPL Ford gave estimates only for the mechanical parts today. It is Rs.45k.

Rest of the parts including tail light, bumpers, metal parts need to be estimated and they will let me know tomorrow. One reason they cite is that they dont know the price for certain parts and are waiting for reply from Ford India. I think some parts are in short supply.

As insurance is involved, i am not sure if i need to verify the estimates with some other dealer? Mostly the insurance guys must be knowing what they pay for I think.

Last edited by LandCruiser : 13th December 2006 at 22:26.
Old 14th December 2006, 00:13   #47
BHPian

LC hope u r doing better now. Gud to know that you are keeping fine w/o much injury. In most cases its the mental shock which keeps people down for days, also do no ignore to get urself check by thw doc. Hope all things get fine soon..

Take care
Old 14th December 2006, 00:19   #48
BHPian

Thinks to check out just for the neck of it.

The first you should do is to get a check up done by your family doctor. Specifically you should check up 1)Odontoid process of the axis, 2) Alar ligament 3) Crucifiorm ligament.

Articulation of the Atlas with the Epistropheus or Axis - Gray's Anatomy of the Human Body - Yahoo! Education

Dens (anatomy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

These things you can glance over on the internet but to rule out injuries you have to visit your doc. It could be nothing other than having to put neck braces for some time to sooth your jolted muscles and ligaments.
Car parts can be replaced but these specific human parts ain't replaceable so take care of what your parents have gifted you.
Bye and wear your seatbelts.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 14th December 2006 at 00:30.
Old 14th December 2006, 23:23   #49
BHPian

Thanks guys, I shall visit the doc this saturday and get a scanning/Xray done. I got the esimates from MPL Ford. It is Rs.99k for just the parts. Labor has not been included in the cost yet. Tomorrow they will seek approval from ICICI Lombard after adding the labor costs.

I was told that the following components will be replaced completely.

1. Gear box (Rs. 21k approx)
2. Drive Shaft
3. Engine Bed
4. Front left wheel suspension components
5. Radiator
6. Boot Lid
7. Rear Bumper
8. Boot base
9. 1 Alloy Wheel + Tyre + Tube (Approx Rs.9k)

I am going there tomorrow evening to verify the list and finalize tomorrow. I would have to shell out Rs.25k approx from my pocket.

Any one has idea on how much the premium will be hiked for me next year considering this claim?!
Old 15th December 2006, 00:35   #50
Team-BHP Support

@LC, I have only one thing to say. Looking at the status of the replacements list I would say more than worrying about the premium next year, which you can be sure will set you back by a huge amount as the detariffing is supposed to happen from the 1st Jan, you should worry more about what happens after you get the car back from garage. I think with changes in almost all the major assemblies like Gear Box, engine bed, drive shaft, axle etc you will be better off if you sell the car.

If you keep the car you will realize that it will never feel like the same old car. These cases almost always leave that nagging-pain-in-the-knees behind. Every other day some problem or the other may crop up. If you look at the list MPL Ford has given you will realize they arfe basically talking about reconstructing a Fiesta albeit minus the automated assembly lines of the plant... well almost. Thats not a very happy sign...
Old 18th December 2006, 14:00   #51
BHPian

I have checked myself with a doctor and get some xrays and tests done. Nothing to worry actually.

Today is the 7th working day since I gave the car at MPL service center. No work has started yet. They are still waiting for the parts it seems. :-(

Still the service advisor guy keeps assuring that he will deliver the car on friday, i wonder how. They still have my car in the yard and not touched a part so far. If it is genuinely taking time I dont know what is wrong in giving some real estimates about when the job will be completed.

Ford's ugly A.S.S started to show.

And for comparison purposes: The total estimate is Rs.180,000. Parts = Rs.99000, Labor = Rs.91000. I can take a copy of the estimates and post here for comparison with the parts of other vehicles, to give an idea.

Last edited by LandCruiser : 18th December 2006 at 14:01.
Old 19th December 2006, 17:05   #52
BHPian

LC,
This should be near vellore, right?
Two things that i hate on this road 1)two wheelers and 2)trucks.
Thank God no trucks were behind you when you hit the median.

Lot of young guys die on this road on 2wheeler accidents. As the road is good, they try to drive from chennai to banglore on two wheelers. I know a guy who is still in apollo chennai teynampet ICU for 45 days after a mishap near vellore.

Last month i had been to CMC vellore twice in a week (chennai-to-cmc-and-back in the morning) and i saw atleast 10 different accidents.

Dev
Old 25th December 2006, 14:57   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
nothing above 80 kms/hr on indian roads..however tempting the roads are..ABS or no ABS. Also no overtaking from the left.
I agree, no overtaking from left. I never used to do that when I started driving, but later realized that sometimes it cannot be avoided as you may end up honking on the vehicle in front who will never move to his left and give you a way and eventually he will get into a conflict mode if you dont overtake from left. I have observed this in city and on highways as well.
That brings in another bad habit for all and I have seen people happily overtake from left without bothering the right lane guy.
Old 25th December 2006, 22:27   #54
BHPian

It reinstates the fact that "you might be the best driver in the world but if the jerk in front of you goof's up then you have had it" ( Language modified to meet the forum's protocol)

Hope you get well soon LC and all the luck with you on the road and off it...

Cheers
Old 25th December 2006, 22:47   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
What the heck is a bullock cart doing on a 4 lane national highway. These guys dont even have reflectors in the back. I thought at least they got rid of these things after putting the 4 lane.
Old 26th December 2006, 05:01   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post

This is not the time for compliments but I cannot help say this - the car has done its job well as far as protecting you is concerned , I've seen a LOT WORSE at lower speed accidents in other vehicles. Good old Ford solidity I guess.
And Solid Estimated Bill too
Old 26th December 2006, 12:56   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post

Man, i know this location. it is just after the railway crossing (replaced by a flyover now) in Ambur. railway tracks on one side & a river on the other side (No water). Did the motorcycle guy overtake you from your left side ??

Thank the lord that you were not travelling with your family. could have been worse. like someone said before, sell that car & get another one, this time with ABS.
Old 3rd January 2007, 11:25   #58
BHPian

Yes esteem lover...after evaluating the condition after the car is back i will take a decision.

Do some one in this forum have the contact details of ford india? I want to fire an email to them about this. Ford service has given me enough head ache and harrassment in the last 4 weeks. The car is not yet back. They always give false promises and have not delivered the car yet. I have visited them 6 times and called more than 30 times and the car is not delivered yet.
Old 4th January 2007, 10:14   #59
BHPian

Yesterday I had been to MPL to take the car out. But I found many issues with the tinkering and paint job. The finish was very shoddy. The paining was not at all smooth and was rough particularly near the corners of the boot door (near the rear windshield), bumper corners near the tail light.

Small dots on the bumper, bonnet near the lights that indicated missing paint mostly due to rough use of tools and scratching the surface.

The upholstery on the rear left side roof inside the car was damaged too. The CD player is not fixed yet and they are waiting for the service center to return it.

The bill was Rs.32k for me out of which Rs.7800 was for consumables that I didnt have any way to verify. Sometime later after I take the car out I shall scan and post the bill out here for everyone's reference.

One tire was damaged and it was replaced for which I have to pay 5% for the alloy wheels and 50% for the tire as such. Suddenly after the test drive they said another tire has got a puncture too and insisted that that is a old puncture. I told them the tire would have gone flat in all these 20 days even if it is a slow puncture due to some incident before. But they say there was no chance of a puncutre during the test drive !!!

Lot of arguments going on, I have talked to the customer relationship branch as well. Now they have agreed to 12 issues that I found out yesterday like uneven paint, damage to paint, big gaps between bumper and lights, damage to upholstery.

They even have replaced the steering wheel saying it has become little bit out of shape (into oval) because of the impact which i couldnt really figure out how can happen. I am yet to see the out of shape wheel.

Initial estimate was Rs.99k for parts Rs.91k for labor. No the total bill is Rs.1.4L out of which I have to pay Rs.32k. Insurance has negotiated and reduced the labor charge to Rs.31k which is 1/3rd of initial estimate. God knows how many compromises have been done.

To top everything there was no 1.6 logo in the rear and I asked for it. The service advisor said petrol car comes only with DURATEC label and nothing like 1.6 written behind!!! I showed him another car parked there and he agreed to put that too! More trauma! sighhhhhh!
Old 4th January 2007, 10:56   #60
Senior - BHPian

Man, you probably need to keep another similar fiesta next to yours to compare & see if everything tallies. i cant understand how the insurance companies can bargain on the labour charges. i feel for you man. i cant imagine how i would feel in this situation. i would go nuts. please do post all your bills. will make for interesting reading.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks