Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2023, 20:45   #61
BHPian

Re: Delhi-Mumbai expressway to reduce travel time by 12 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Was lucky to have traveled on this expressway from Dausa to Sohna on 13th Feb 2023. Let me begin with some overall details and also the placement of this expressway and what it takes for someone who wants to travel from Jaipur to Delhi or vice versa.

A typical Indian truck driver will still drive on the right most lane even if given a 32 lane carriageway.
Attachment 2419121

How can we not see this in India
Attachment 2419126
Thanks for this short and crisp review of the new e-way. I’m quite excited with the amount of infrastructure development that is happening in India these days. Almost every few months, there is a new stretch of expressway being inaugurated somewhere in the country.
I was watching the videos by Autocar India and few other car channels where they test out Delhi Mumbai as well as Mumbai Nagpur e-ways. I see new Vande Bharat trains being inaugurated, dedicated freight corridor in progress, upcoming bullet trains etc.
Sitting in a country away from India, I almost feel a bit of FOMO about all these great roads and trains.

But I do see foresee a situation in the few years where our road infrastructure improves leaps and bounds in terms of hardware but the software (the drivers on road) unable to keep up. I’m not sure if most drivers even understand how lanes in an e-way should be used. And we can’t blame them, it was never taught during driving lessons (and to be fair, there was no use case for teaching lane discipline till few years ago in India). It will need a major sustained awareness drive by the government to bring up the level of road discipline in the drivers and it’s probably going to take decades before we can see any major improvements.

And also the quality of trucks/buses on our road has a lots room for improvements too. In my recent visit to my home state of Kerala, I could see that trucks with fully built body from the likes of Bharat Benz, Tata (I think the Prima range is one of the best looking ones) has literally taken over the trucking market there. Hopefully that’s the case for the rest of country too.
G20Rider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 10:06   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
I have the same question!

Are 2-wheelers allowed on this Eway? Would be a great help for my upcoming ride to the mountains in September.
Unfortunately they aren't allowed. I have been on it on my Tiger Rally Pro, was stopped at the toll booth and politely told this. There are signs every few kilometres saying this too! Won't be going on it on the bike any more
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi-Mumbai expressway to reduce travel time by 12 hours-img_3567.jpg  

Last edited by shayne : 17th February 2023 at 10:08.
shayne is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 10:15   #63
BHPian

Re: Delhi-Mumbai Expressway

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekjoshi84 View Post
Which old route would you recommend for Ujjain-Delhi though, via Kota or via Gwalior?
If you prioritize convenience over time & distance, i would strongly recommend taking the Gwalior route, reasons being a) SH27 after Jhalawar is mostly an undivided road and you will always have to watch out for oncoming vehicles. b) The road quality is not as good as other highways, especially once you enter MP and c) Lack of good roadside amenities except a for couple of MP Tourism retreats.

The Gwalior route on the other hand has much better infrastructure and road manners. The hilly stretch around Guna-Shivpuri was under repair so there is a bit of traffic (two-lanes, undivided road) but other than that, it is a very smooth drive. You have decent options for break in Biaora/Shivpuri/Gwalior/Agra without needing to enter the cities.
Totoro11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 12:59   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Was lucky to have traveled on this expressway from Dausa to Sohna on 13th Feb 2023.
Was planning a trip from Delhi to Abhaneri on the new expressway. How're the washroom eating facilities? I would be travelling with my lady so a bit apprehensive about these things.
Old 17th February 2023, 18:20   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Was planning a trip from Delhi to Abhaneri on the new expressway. How're the washroom eating facilities? I would be travelling with my lady so a bit apprehensive about these things.
2 places - both on the left - had restaurant. Stopped at second one - restaurant was still being upgraded (infrastructure) but staff was very cooperative.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi-Mumbai expressway to reduce travel time by 12 hours-img20230217140022.jpg  

BunnyPunia is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 20:43   #66
BHPian

Can someone share the maps link for the wayside amenity location?
Old 18th February 2023, 13:14   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
I have the same question!

Are 2-wheelers allowed on this Eway? Would be a great help for my upcoming ride to the mountains in September.
Ideally they should make restrictions based on engines. If the rest of the traffic is allowed to go 120, and trucks at 100, then only the bikes having more than 400 cc should be allowed. Those bikes will have wider tyres and better brakes accordingly that is required for those speeds. Am also skeptic for small cars like Nano, Zen, Alto, Quid, Triber, to be not allowed.
pratyushpks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 19:44   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
Can someone share the maps link for the wayside amenity location?
https://goo.gl/maps/MpVbCoAmGgSE1BxQ8

This was the only operational Restaurant I saw as of 13th Feb on both sides of the e-way.

I heard that there are a few more that are operational now and work is going on on a war footing.
vinayrathore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 20:12   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyushpks View Post
Ideally they should make restrictions based on engines. If the rest of the traffic is allowed to go 120, and trucks at 100, then only the bikes having more than 400 cc should be allowed. Am also skeptic for small cars like Nano, Zen, Alto, Quid, Triber, to be not allowed.
The world changed, the rules did NOT. Check out your RC. LMV covers for all four wheelers, not 'homologated' as 'commercial' vehicles, right from Nano to the G-Wagon.

M Cycle class is two-wheeled vehicles with 'artificial/engineered' power, just to differentiate it from pedal/human-powered bicycles.

Like we are all homo sapiens, no difference between humans, whatever the individual may look like, believe in, follow/lead or live and work. (to identify us as separate from the Neanderthals)

Yes, the rules need to be amended. Yes, I have suffered in silence behind people driving sedately @ 80kph, in the 'fast' lane on the Pune-Mumbai expressway when the legal limit is 100kph in non-ghat sections, forcing me to change lanes to overtake.

Just remember: Divide and rule is not just a maxim.
mygodbole is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 12:12   #70
BHPian

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/in...-10123951.html

News reports suggest that the certain slow moving '4 wheeler' will not be allowed. Let's see what will be scope of it. Though I doubt that small or old cars will be barred. I agree with 'mygodbole' about people not following lane discipline and they don't realise how to distinguish between different lanes.

While the govt is doing a fab job of increasing the road cover, certain awareness campaigns should be launched for this. It will go a long way in increasing the usage and efficiency of the expressway
Old 21st February 2023, 10:23   #71
YCJ
BHPian

https://twitter.com/TheINIofficial/s...883509249?s=19

JNPT Spur of the Delhi-Mumbai Expressway! This will be a game changer. It is already under construction and it will have interchanges with Mumbai-Nashik Highway, Samruddhi Expressway as well as Mumbai-Pune Expressway. Will make bypassing Mumbai a breeze!
YCJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 11:42   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCJ View Post
https://twitter.com/TheINIofficial/s...883509249?s=19

JNPT Spur of the Delhi-Mumbai Expressway! This will be a game changer. It is already under construction and it will have interchanges with Mumbai-Nashik Highway, Samruddhi Expressway as well as Mumbai-Pune Expressway. Will make bypassing Mumbai a breeze!
Not just that. It will connect the southern states to northern states in the fastest way!
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 10:24   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCJ View Post
As per these tweets, the Madhya Pradesh sections are also going to be inaugurated soon in the next few months.
These tweets are from someone hoping that NHAI opens the completed stretches soon. Remaining work in MP (mostly bridges) will complete soon. However three Rajasthan packages have end of June (1 pkg) and end of December (2 pkgs) timelines. I do hope that they open up traffic from Dausa/Lalsot till MP Gujarat border barring the 60km stretch under these three packages.
Old 27th February 2023, 21:34   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Update:

The interchange near Palwal from the Delhi Vadodara Mumbai expressway to the Eastern Peripheral Expressway section of KMP does not exist on Google Maps, but is there in reality. For people coming from Jaipur and going towards Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Noida and Meerut, Google Maps shows a long detour. That’s incorrect. Just get off the expressway on the interchange and follow the signboards. They correctly direct you to the EPE.

The interchange itself is very well designed and the signage is also spot on.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 22:34   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Update:

The interchange near Palwal from the Delhi Vadodara Mumbai expressway to the Eastern Peripheral Expressway section of KMP does not exist on Google Maps, but is there in reality. For people coming from Jaipur and going towards Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Noida and Meerut, Google Maps shows a long detour. That’s incorrect. Just get off the expressway on the interchange and follow the signboards. They correctly direct you to the EPE.

The interchange itself is very well designed and the signage is also spot on.
Came to Jaipur today, and spotted a multitude of cars, mine included, which passed the cut off, and had to take the small dirt cut into the main road. Weird!
This was at the point of getting onto the expressway to Jaipur!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks