Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2023, 19:37   #151
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Re: Self Drive Car / Jeep Rentals in Goa?

Hello,
Looking out for rentals out of Goa (Thar/Crysta/Fortuner - body on frame).
Did check out Vailankanni and it seems good. The only gripe is that you cannot take their vehicles outside of Goa.

My plan is to actually take the car from Goa, drive down to Manipal/Mangalore and return the car to Goa while going back.
This is because:
1. The variety of cars available in Goa is way better and prices are lower too from Mangalore
2 I have no interest in Goa

Can someone suggest any rental services who can let me take a body-on-frame to Karnataka and back?
Old 12th September 2023, 19:53   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

I've been flying to Goa increasingly of late which means renting a self-drive is mandatory. Have been using Joey's car rental through a friend's contact. I usually Whatsapp my requirement and he confirms the car. Payment is in cash/GPay when you pick up the car with a small security deposit to cover any minor damage (have not had it deducted except one time when the car scraped a mud bank near Baga).

Innova Crysta AT @3500/- a day has been my favourite so far (we usually travel as a family of 4 or a group of friends 4-5 to a car). I have my eyes on a Thar hardtop diesel AT @5000/- a day but that's only if and when I make a couples trip. One time we needed a second car and got a Baleno AT for under 2K a day, which is a complete steal! Our last trip that ended two days ago he even dropped and picked up at Mopa airport, which is perfect.

Easily to deal with and usually punctual and hassle-free, I would recommend Joey's. The other option that looks good is Vailankani (goacars.in) which has fairly similar rates- will give them a shot sometime.
noopster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 23:11   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I've been flying to Goa increasingly of late which means renting a self-drive is mandatory. Have been using Joey's car rental through a friend's contact. I usually Whatsapp my requirement and he confirms the car. Payment is in cash/GPay when you pick up the car with a small security deposit to cover any minor damage (have not had it deducted except one time when the car scraped a mud bank near Baga).
Hi Noopster - does Joey's car rental also ask for Aadhar card? Am a little apprehensive leaving the aadhar card with someone - not sure how safe it is. We will be reaching Goa early morning by train at like 4 AM. Wondering if a self drive would make sense.

Thanks in advance
Old 14th October 2023, 11:34   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_aithal View Post
While the consensus in the recent times for self drive car hires is towards https://goacars.in, does anybody have good recommendations for self drive 2 wheelers?
I tried Goa cars during my visit last month. We took a Thar for 4 days and the vehicle was in good condition with some minor scratches in a couple of places. Though we were told to return at 9 am sharp, since it was a Sunday, the pick up guy called to get us only after 10:30 am as he was not ready yet (looked like Saturday night hangover ).

Overall, the experience from booking to delivery at the airport to return was good and pleasant one.
kiran_aithal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 10:44   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Hi Noopster - does Joey's car rental also ask for Aadhar card? Am a little apprehensive leaving the aadhar card with someone - not sure how safe it is. We will be reaching Goa early morning by train at like 4 AM. Wondering if a self drive would make sense.

Thanks in advance
No he doesn't ask for Aadhar card. I think there was an occasion where he had asked me for it and I told him I wasn't comfortable and he let it go.
Old 16th October 2023, 11:49   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
No he doesn't ask for Aadhar card. I think there was an occasion where he had asked me for it and I told him I wasn't comfortable and he let it go.
Great thanks. Is there a way to get in touch with him?
Old 8th November 2023, 21:02   #157
BHPian

I booked a Swift manual today from Vailankanni Auto Hires for my upcoming 10-day trip to Goa in Dec/Jan. Must say that the process was a breeze. I was impressed by their transparency and professionalism. Mr. Shawn patiently and courteously responded to all my queries. So far so good - will update the thread with my overall experience post completion of the trip.
Old 9th November 2023, 17:14   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidjohri View Post
I booked a Swift manual today from Vailankanni Auto Hires for my upcoming 10-day trip to Goa in Dec/Jan. Must say that the process was a breeze. I was impressed by their transparency and professionalism. Mr. Shawn patiently and courteously responded to all my queries. So far so good - will update the thread with my overall experience post completion of the trip.
I am doing a goa trip with family between 11 to 15th Nov, after reading the reviews I have decided to book with Vailankanni - they even offered 500 Rs discount once I told them I came through Team BHP!
Will get back after the trip is over
GOLU is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 13:18   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLU View Post
I am doing a goa trip with family between 11 to 15th Nov, after reading the reviews I have decided to book with Vailankanni - they even offered 500 Rs discount once I told them I came through Team BHP!
Will get back after the trip is over
Thanks for the tip! I've booked with Vailankanni for my trip with my family between 8th to 11th December. They did give a small discount on mentioning team-bhp member.

I hope your experience with them was good. Please do share your feedback on the thread.
Old 30th November 2023, 13:45   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh207 View Post
Thanks for the tip! I've booked with Vailankanni for my trip with my family between 8th to 11th December.

I hope your experience with them was good. Please do share your feedback on the thread.
Had a great experience with Vailankanni - Alberto gave us the car at Mopa Airport parking (actually was giving 3 cars simultaneously). We had to pay the parking charges as well, but everything was OFFICIAL. It took 10 minutes for the transfer. Good car (Baleno automatic) cleaned and in good shape. Petrol was just 1 bar - however they clearly indicated the closest Petrol pump, so no problems there.
I gave back the car 1 hour late (10 Am versus 9 AM) after informing them, and they were good - did not charge me extra.
Their office called one day before I was to leave Goa to confirm my drop time and place.
Finally, they did not even take any security!
Definitely recommended and will use them again!!
GOLU is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 21:05   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Highly recommended.
Hired Kia Carens yet again from Vailankanni Auto Hires for 4 days in Goa. This time it was a 6-speed MT NA Petrol. Like last time the experience was smooth. Paid 9,000.00 for 4 days inc 1,000.00 pick-up and drop charges for Dabolim Airport.

Self Drive Car / Jeep Rentals in Goa?-img_9058.jpeg

Self Drive Car / Jeep Rentals in Goa?-img_8919.jpeg

Last edited by sinharishi : 4th December 2023 at 21:08.
sinharishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 19:39   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh207 View Post
I've booked with Vailankanni for my trip with my family between 8th to 11th December.
Excellent Service by Vailankani folks. Prompt on time delivery of self drive car and return pickup also. Simple process, give original ID proof and make payment, check the car and drive away. The car I got was also very clean and in good condition. I got a Venue Automatic which was a 1L turbo DCT. I'll definitely recommend them to all BHPians.
Old 19th December 2023, 16:01   #163
BHPian

Hi Noopster, can you please share contact details of Joey's car rental service in Goa ? Thanks.
Old 5th January 2024, 13:03   #164

Based on experiences shared here will be booking Vailankanifor 3 days self driven car hire and will share my experience here.
Old 15th January 2024, 12:22   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidjohri View Post
Just returned from a wonderful trip to Goa - what a relief from the biting cold in Delhi. I must credit Vailankanni Auto Hires for playing its part in making my trip memorable. I hired a Baleno from them for 10 days and covered multiple trips daily, both in North and South Goa - everything was super smooth without any worries whatsoever.

Taking delivery of the car
This hardly took 15 minutes. I had received contact details of the concerned person from Vailankanni in advance. Contacted him on arrival who guided me though the process. Had to walk to the exit gate from the airport arrival terminal (5 minutes walk with family and luggage) and met the delivery person who was ready with the car. Took a few videos and photos of the Baleno (video also shared on Whatsapp by the delivery person) & shared a photograph of my DL. And paid the balance amount. That's it! The car had 18k odd kms on the odo and came with an aftermarket android touchscreen (navigation). It had approx 5-10 litres of fuel which was more than sufficient to reach the nearest fuel station. The car was butter smooth with a chiller on an AC. All mechanicals and electricals were perfect. Did have its share of dings and scratches on the exterior, but nothing major.

The journey
I filled in exactly Rs. 4k worth of petrol for the entire duration of my stay and travel (10 days). Covered on an average 70 kms everyday (90% Ac on), including driving in the hills, well-laid highways and narrow village roads. Covered multiple tourist attractions across North and South Goa including beaches, churches, markets and restaurants. The car never broke a sweat and effortlessly & efficiently carried on its duties.

Returning the car
This was again as smooth as the delivery experience. Reached the departure terminal and dropped off my family & luggage. I then proceeded to the same place from where I had taken delivery (after crossing the exit gates). Paid Rs. 50 at the exit gate (toll for commercial vehicles) and handed over the car to the person from Vailankanni who was waiting for me. He took a quick 360 degree glance at the vehicle & fuel gauge (which had approx 5 litres more petrol than what was there in the tank at the time of delivery) and gave the thumbs up - all of which took 2 minutes maximum. The walk back to the departure gate took another 5 minutes.

Overall my first experience with Vailankanni Auto Hires was more than pleasant. Really happy with their services and customer support - must commend the staff members, especially Mr. Shawn, for their calm and patient handling in spite of the massive tourist rush. Would highly recommend this place.

A big thanks to all BHPians for their respective experiences with Vailankanni - helped me to confidently take a swift decision on going ahead with the said company.

Disclaimer - This is purely an experience-based review for fellow BHPians. I'm in now way associated with Vailankanni Auto Hires or any of its staff members.
Sidjohri is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks