Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2024, 12:52   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Self Drive Car / Jeep Rentals in Goa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
Hi Noopster, can you please share contact details of Joey's car rental service in Goa ? Thanks.
Sorry for the delayed response (you should have quoted me). The number is reach out to is 98221 O2829 (it's on Whatsapp as well)
Old 15th January 2024, 14:44   #167
BHPian

Vailankanni IMHO is the best car rental service in Goa and I can happily vouch for them. Extremely professional, courteous, and fair pricing. Let me share my most recent experience to corroborate why I think so highly of them. I lost the key fob while kayaking some 30kms away from their office and they sent someone in another car just to deliver the spare key to me. Due to poor network in the area I was unable to send them my location, but somehow they were able to find me in the middle of nowhere. Usually, other opportunistic car rentals would've used this as an excuse to charge an extortionate fee, but to my surprise they were extremely reasonable. I always(or rather only) use Vailankanni when in need of a rental at Goa, but this experience just reaffirmed to me why they are the BEST.
HighOnSpeed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 19:14   #168
BHPian

Hi all - Visiting in Goa for 4 days in second week of Feb. Will be staying in Morjim and am looking for taxi services to go around. Not keen to get a self-drive as don't want to drink and drive, but the taxi service in Goa is also a hit and miss. Can I rely on Goa Miles or should I look for the traditional full day cabs etc.? Thanks in advance.
Old 31st January 2024, 19:27   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Can I rely on Goa Miles or should I look for the traditional full day cabs etc.? Thanks in advance.
Goa Miles may cost a bomb even for short distances, e.g., Rs. 300 even for 3-4 km (pls check on the app).
Also, it may be difficult to get Goa Miles cabs in not-so-busy areas like Morjim.

So, if you are planning to travel frequently within a day and/or travel long distances, I'd suggest to check out full day cab rates and do a comparison.

I'd still say this - nothing beats the joy of self-drive in Goa

Last edited by Aditya : 5th March 2024 at 05:46. Reason: Rule #11
Old 31st January 2024, 20:34   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Hi all - Visiting in Goa for 4 days in second week of Feb. Will be staying in Morjim and am looking for taxi services to go around. Not keen to get a self-drive as don't want to drink and drive, but the taxi service in Goa is also a hit and miss. Can I rely on Goa Miles or should I look for the traditional full day cabs etc.? Thanks in advance.
On a related note, I too am traveling there around the same time. Have already booked a car for 5 days but am also looking for a night option with driver (separate car is fine).
Pls update in case you find any option or would appreciate if anyone here has any reference they might have used.
Old 4th March 2024, 17:08   #171
BHPian

Thanks for the recommendations in this thread, we had rented a manual Grand Vitara from Vailakanni for a very reasonable 2200/day. They were quite professional and courteous and communicated well before and during the trip. They did not take a deposit but retained an original ID card. Terms and conditions around liability in case of damages wasn’t spelled out clearly (opportunity for improvement). Overall a very viable option compared to driving 12 hrs from Chennai.
Old 26th March 2024, 19:05   #172

Hi All, I'm looking for self drive for goa trip starting 28th march. I called Vailankanni Auto Hires but they don't have availability at the moment. They said they will get back incase there is any cancellations. So I'm looking for alternatives here.

Any recommendations for any other reliable car rental services based on recent past experiences .

Cheers
Old 31st March 2024, 20:08   #173
BHPian

Rented a Brezza Auto from Vailankanni Auto for 6 days last week and the experience was pretty good. They didn't have availability for the Creta segment on my required dates, but the Brezza was in good condition..... neat & clean, inside out! Pick-up and Drop at the airport was also very timely and professional. Crisp, professional communication via Whatsapp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks